Juergen Klopp. Dortmund call press conference for 12:30pm

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Re: Juergen Klopp. Dortmund call press conference for 12:30pm

Postby Thynker » Sun May 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:I see the "journeyman" is leading his team out in another domestic Cup Final after they KO Bayern last night. Moving up the Bundesliga table as well :D

So the FA Cup and a top four spot was good enough for you from an Arsenal perspective last year ? Surely with such a huge grin regarding Jurgen's 'achievements this season the answer can only be a resounding yes from you !!

Winning the FA Cup, yes. Finishing 4th after leading the PL for 120 days, no !!

Yeah without that cup win it would of been a pretty flat end of the season. I think the squad has improved though and I would be surprised to see us finish lower than 3rd next season if we add some more quality (like we have in the last 2 years) - wouldn't be shocked to see us go on a very long run that takes us clear of the rest for a very long period. What's probably needed is a bit more magic up front to unlock teams like Chelsea and a bit more spine to allow for the inevitable injuries so we don't have to play journeymen or kids in key roles. Its really the players that make the most difference in the main - I don't think Juergen or any other manager (maybe with the exception of Pep or SAF) would have taken this squad further. What is miraculous about AW achievements in comparison is the way he reacted to losing his best players for season after season and was able to stabilise Arsenal for years in the process. Something that Klopp wasn't able to achieve.

I`d be surprised and disappointed if we are not Champions next season. We have an excellent squad and with the arrival of a couple of top players and as long as we avoid our usual injury crises I think we could go all the way.

i don't think we'll finish above Chelsea so long as Wenger and Mourinho are both in charge

We'll meet them soon enough in the community shield
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Sun May 31, 2015 9:33 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:I see the "journeyman" is leading his team out in another domestic Cup Final after they KO Bayern last night. Moving up the Bundesliga table as well :D

So the FA Cup and a top four spot was good enough for you from an Arsenal perspective last year ? Surely with such a huge grin regarding Jurgen's 'achievements this season the answer can only be a resounding yes from you !!

Winning the FA Cup, yes. Finishing 4th after leading the PL for 120 days, no !!

But when you mentioned Jurgen you spoke of he season as a whole - you were all smiles. Why look at it differently when considering Wenger ?

Gordon Bennett, it's not hard to work out. BVB were 2nd to bottom of the Bundesliga for a while. They ended up qualifying for Europe in the end. As I said, we were TOP of the league for 120 days, but ended up 4th. Simple really when you think about it.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby FOYS » Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 pm

louder wrote:While Arsene basked in victory, it was not such a good day for Jurgen the messiah yesterday. :crying:

That's good of you :applaude: to shed a tear for BVB losing in Klopps last game.

Not sure where you get the Messiah bit from though.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Sun May 31, 2015 10:42 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:While Arsene basked in victory, it was not such a good day for Jurgen the messiah yesterday. :crying:

That's good of you :applaude: to shed a tear for BVB losing in Klopps last game.

Isn't he the man to replace the current messiah ? (er, No) I'd say that makes him the true messiah :?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:38 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

Isn't he the man to replace the current messiah ? (er, No) I'd say that makes him the true messiah :?

Messiahs are just for the likes of you.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby potter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Every messiah needs their sycophantic disciples .
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:09 pm

potter wrote:Every messiah needs their sycophantic disciples .

Potter follows Fotsy up with talk of sycophants ! Now that's irony :D And Klopp is a failure (But lets not get onto the thread topic aye, boys ? :biglol: )
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 pm

louder wrote:

Potter follows Fotsy up with talk of sycophants ! Now that's irony :D And Klopp is a failure (But lets not get onto the thread topic aye, boys ? :biglol: )

:biglol: the highlighted and underlined bit :biglol: Six trophies in the last eight years compared to your Messiahs two in nine years :biglol:
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:20 am

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

:biglol: the highlighted and underlined bit :biglol: Six trophies in the last eight years compared to your Messiahs two in nine years :biglol:

If you want a trophy count between the two then there's only one winner.

Something tells me you're taking exception to criticism of Klopp. A bit odd. Maybe you prefer the younger man :shrug:
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:35 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

Something tells me you're taking exception to criticism of Klopp. A bit odd. Maybe you prefer the younger man :shrug:

Hardly surprising, since Klopp has only been a manager for a short length of time. Six in eight years, most would say that that is excellent. Nine in nineteen for Wenger......

Can't see how anyone can criticise him and call him a failure after what he's done at a club that nearly went bankrupt twice in the space of 3/4 years.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:28 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

Hardly surprising, since Klopp has only been a manager for a short length of time. Six in eight years, most would say that that is excellent. Nine in nineteen for Wenger......
Can't see how anyone can criticise him and call him a failure after what he's done at a club that nearly went bankrupt twice in the space of 3/4 years.

Why did Dortmund nearly go bankrupt twice >

Anyway, to stick to topic - Your last sentence is exactly why we don't see eye to eye. You consider every hurdle needing to be jumped when talking of Klopp, but turn a blind'n to what Wenger has been up against. You're guilty of having double standards, Mate.

And Klopp was a failure last year. Ultimate failure.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:35 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

Why did Dortmund nearly go bankrupt twice >

Anyway, to stick to topic - Your last sentence is exactly why we don't see eye to eye. You consider every hurdle needing to be jumped when talking of Klopp, but turn a blind'n to what Wenger has been up against. You're guilty of having double standards, Mate.

Klopp took over as manager a club that was in financial difficulties. Wenger DIDN'T!! Klopp didn't have a say in how much Dortmund paid for players, how long their contracts were, or how much the players earned. At The Arsenal, Wenger DID!! No double standards at all, Fella!!

Wenger was a failure from '07 to '13!!!
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:06 am

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:Why did Dortmund nearly go bankrupt twice >

Klopp took over as manager a club that was in financial difficulties. Wenger DIDN'T!! Klopp didn't have a say in how much Dortmund paid for players, how long their contracts were, or how much the players earned. At The Arsenal, Wenger DID!! No double standards at all, Fella!!

So Klopp is responsible for all of the good at Dortmund but none of the bad, including last season. Glad you cleared that up ! Good job he walked away from a shambles of a club then :tongue2:

You are funny, Fotsy. :biglol:
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:16 am

Louder, what actually is your issue with Klopp?
By most peoples standards his time at Dortmund would be deemed successful
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:33 am

NickF wrote:Louder, what actually is your issue with Klopp?

As would I. But his last season was shambolic to the point that were Wenger to have a similar season with us then it would be impossible to argue that he shouldn't be sacked, if indeed he wasn't so before the end of the season - and that's a fact. It would be fair to say that your post, were you to change the word 'Dortmund' to 'Arsenal' and 'Klopp' to 'Wenger', would be equally correct. But some choose not to see this i.e. Klopp's biggest fan.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:50 am

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

So Klopp is responsible for all of the good at Dortmund but none of the bad, including last season. Glad you cleared that up ! Good job he walked away from a shambles of a club then :tongue2:

Where have I posted the highlighted part? Please show me!!

BVB are not a "shambles of a club" anymore, thanks in no small part to Klopp.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby FOYS » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 am

louder wrote:
NickF wrote:Louder, what actually is your issue with Klopp?

As would I. But his last season was shambolic to the point that were Wenger to have a similar season with us then it would be impossible to argue that he shouldn't be sacked, if indeed he wasn't so before the end of the season - and that's a fact. It would be fair to say that your post, were you to change the word 'Dortmund' to 'Arsenal' and 'Klopp' to 'Wenger', would be equally correct. But some choose not to see this i.e. Klopp's biggest fan.

Who would that be ????
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:16 am

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

I can't show you it because you haven't done it. Der.

And with your second sentence - There you go again ! The club's troubles are nothing to do with him (Your words) but now they're no longer a shambles (the longue-in-cheek obviously by-passed you) it's down to him !! Bottom line - Klopp was handed a good team (I say 'handed' because someone else must've provided the players as he had nowt to do with fees/wages/contracts - your words) that he did well with in the short term but he was found wanting and eventually ran out of ideas as time passed. No shame that he didn't feel up to carrying on. I'd say that if Mourinho hadn't jumped various ships so early on during most of his posts then he'd have been faced with the same ordeal. Mourinho obviously knows when the curtain's about to fall and he nips off to another money-bags club just in the nick of time. Good luck to Jurgen in the future.

You're tying yourself in knots.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

I can't show you it because you haven't done it. Der.

And with your second sentence - There you go again ! The club's troubles are nothing to do with him (Your words) but now they're no longer a shambles (the longue-in-cheek obviously by-passed you) it's down to him !! Bottom line - Klopp was handed a good team (I say 'handed' because someone else must've provided the players as he had nowt to do with fees/wages/contracts - your words) that he did well with in the short term but he was found wanting and eventually ran out of ideas as time passed. No shame that he didn't feel up to carrying on. I'd say that if Mourinho hadn't jumped various ships so early on during most of his posts then he'd have been faced with the same ordeal. Mourinho obviously knows when the curtain's about to fall and he nips off to another money-bags club just in the nick of time. Good luck to Jurgen in the future.

You're tying yourself in knots.

The financial problems BVB were in were NOTHING to do with Klopp as they happened a few years before he became their manager, duh. He chose the players but everything else (fees, wages and length of contracts) are down to the DoF, unlike here, where the Dictator Wenger saw to that! He realised he'd taken them as far as he could and done the decent thing and quit.

As for Mourhino, when you're the best, the best want you.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:51 am

FOYS wrote:The financial problems BVB were in were NOTHING to do with Klopp as they happened a few years before he became their manager, duh. He chose the players but everything else (fees, wages and length of contracts) are down to the DoF, unlike here, where the Dictator Wenger saw to that! He realised he'd taken them as far as he could and done the decent thing and quit.
As for Mourhino, when you're the best, the best want you.

Wenger's not a dictator. And since he's been our Manager we've never had financial problems. Ding !

As for Mourinho 'The Best' - A lot do want him, then they either want him gone or he moves on to another wealthy club that can fulfil his financial requirements. And don't be fooled, Quite a few big clubs have been in for Wenger over the years too. More so than your messiah.
louder
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football From Around The World