England v Spain

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

England v Spain

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:30 am

How bad were we and what sort of team did England put out? At one point four Spurs players were on the pitch, Delph can`t even get in Manchester City`s team, Carrick is way past it and as for Jones his face might frighten opponents but that`s about all and if Lallana can play for England then so can I. Two great goals from the Spanish boys though including our little genius.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

England v Spain

Postby louder » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 am

Rainham Red wrote:How bad were we and what sort of team did England put out? At one point four Spurs players were on the pitch, Delph can`t even get in Manchester City`s team, Carrick is way past it and as for Jones his face might frighten opponents but that`s about all and if Lallana can play for England then so can I. Two great goals from the Spanish boys though including our little genius.

They're up against a higher calibre of footballer. We need to accept where we are in the global pecking order I think, RR. I saw about 20 minutes of the match and it was nothing less than I was expecting. The number of top quality English players is a lot less than we'd all like to think. A funny comment on the radio this morning - Someone texted in saying that our national team has more English players in it than any premiership side, so it should be no surprise that we're sh*t (Well I thought it was funny :? )

ALL of the players you've referenced in your above post, RR, are way short in terms of the ability needed to compete with the likes of Santi, Iniesta etc. Fact. Ten wins out of ten in qualification ain't bad though ! It's not all bad. I think it just grates that this slightly sub-standard bunch are demanding HUGE wages. A huge wage that obviously doesn't go far enough for Mr Joe Hart, as he feels the needs to ruin my evening with his poxy shampoo adverts. TW*T !!
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

England v Spain

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:04 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:How bad were we and what sort of team did England put out? At one point four Spurs players were on the pitch, Delph can`t even get in Manchester City`s team, Carrick is way past it and as for Jones his face might frighten opponents but that`s about all and if Lallana can play for England then so can I. Two great goals from the Spanish boys though including our little genius.

They're up against a higher calibre of footballer. We need to accept where we are in the global pecking order I think, RR. I saw about 20 minutes of the match and it was nothing less than I was expecting. The number of top quality English players is a lot less than we'd all like to think. A funny comment on the radio this morning - Someone texted in saying that our national team has more English players in it than any premiership side, so it should be no surprise that we're sh*t (Well I thought it was funny :? )

ALL of the players you've referenced in your above post, RR, are way short in terms of the ability needed to compete with the likes of Santi, Iniesta etc. Fact. Ten wins out of ten in qualification ain't bad though ! It's not all bad. I think it just grates that this slightly sub-standard bunch are demanding HUGE wages. A huge wage that obviously doesn't go far enough for Mr Joe Hart, as he feels the needs to ruin my evening with his poxy shampoo adverts. TW*T !!

That IS funny :D
What is not funny though is the standard of English football. Rooney is usually described as our greatest player but Man Utd fans can`t wait for him to leave so if his own Clubs fans want him out he must be bad.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: England v Spain

Postby potter » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:38 pm

As long as the get stuck in mentality prevails English players will never get the skills they need to play at the top level. If you watch park football at the under 10 level you can hear the cries of the parents telling their kids to knock it long , get in there , stop him etc. This is where the injury regime starts before the kids are picked up by the academies .We play a game of get into their faces, Until we get the Allardyce , Pulis mentality out of our game and improve the coaching , we won't ever achieve our expectations.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Re: England v Spain

Postby I Believe Overall » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:26 pm

potter wrote:As long as the get stuck in mentality prevails English players will never get the skills they need to play at the top level. If you watch park football at the under 10 level you can hear the cries of the parents telling their kids to knock it long , get in there , stop him etc. This is where the injury regime starts before the kids are picked up by the academies .We play a game of get into their faces, Until we get the Allardyce , Pulis mentality out of our game and improve the coaching , we won't ever achieve our expectations.

I'm with you there - but I'm seeing improvements at grassroots and more academies are following the likes of Southampton who teach a technical game from very young ages. However, the best players currently still come from the slums of South America so maybe an element of fight is still needed somehow.

Let's not get it wrong though - Rooney was top draw in his pomp and spoken about across the world as a player....but he's lost his dynamic pace now and is probably past it.

I'd like to see some Ian Wrights come through - players with real heart and desire to boss a game whatever it costs. Football can be too nice these days. Players like Coquelin stand out but they really shouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Return to Football From Around The World