England v France

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

England v France

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:36 am

Tonight`s game will be one of the most emotional games ever and one where the result doesn`t matter but playing the game does. Only about 100 fans have asked for a refund but 10,000 tickets have been bought since the atrocity so there will be around 80,000 giving a V sign to the terrorists.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

England v France

Postby louder » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Rainham Red wrote:Tonight`s game will be one of the most emotional games ever and one where the result doesn`t matter but playing the game does. Only about 100 fans have asked for a refund but 10,000 tickets have been bought since the atrocity so there will be around 80,000 giving a V sign to the terrorists.

I'd liked to have gone along myself.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

England v France

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:46 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Tonight`s game will be one of the most emotional games ever and one where the result doesn`t matter but playing the game does. Only about 100 fans have asked for a refund but 10,000 tickets have been bought since the atrocity so there will be around 80,000 giving a V sign to the terrorists.

I'd liked to have gone along myself.

Me too
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: England v France

Postby Red Snapper » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Roy Hodgson has asked England fans to respect the minute's silence tonight. What on Earth makes him think they wouldn't?
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Re: England v France

Postby louder » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:46 am

Red Snapper wrote:Roy Hodgson has asked England fans to respect the minute's silence tonight. What on Earth makes him think they wouldn't?

I think Roy lost sight of what respect was due when, during the post match interview with the BBC, he highlighted how important these last two games have been for England and how impressed he was with the performance of our players, the way they carried out what he'd asked of them AND with the result.

Am I be the only one who thinks that these three 'positives' are the least important part of what last nights match represented. It ceased to be a match of any importance, in terms of football, and became far more when that event happened in Paris.

Poor show, Roy.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Return to Football From Around The World