Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby Thynker » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:05 pm

They won't have Mourinho
Guardiola looking like he's off to City
Ancelotti will be at Bayern
Klopp is at Liverpool

the only one left realistically is Simeone, and he's relatively inexperienced
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5541
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:01 am

Thynker wrote:They won't have Mourinho
Guardiola looking like he's off to City
Ancelotti will be at Bayern
Klopp is at Liverpool

the only one left realistically is Simeone, and he's relatively inexperienced


I think Arsene is in the frame
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby louder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:52 am

Klopp still has a lot to prove.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10225
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby potter » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:57 am

Whoever comes in to replace Wenger will have a decent squad to start with , perhaps with a few tweaks and a couple of signings the extra step that we keep faltering on can be made.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby NickF » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Read somewhere that Mrs Guardiola's preference was London rather than Manchester.
Obviously would hope it was to us rather than Chelski.
User avatar
NickF
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Southend

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby louder » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:07 pm

potter wrote:Whoever comes in to replace Wenger will have a decent squad to start with , perhaps with a few tweaks and a couple of signings the extra step that we keep faltering on can be made.


I guarantee you any Manager who comes in will want to spend £50 - £80 million. Wenger will do the same over the next two windows so, as he's the one who's done the difficult years ( What you would call the 'faltering' years) he should be the one to get the first crack of the whip.

Why you, and a few other herberts, persistently ignore the issues The Club has faced since the move is the most confusing phenomenon to have hit The Arsenal since the year dot. Possibly the most confusing in football history..................
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10225
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby potter » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:55 pm

I guess our support are split in many ways. There are those that buy into the money angle and are prepared to accept the austerity excuse and hide behind the stadium to justify their position. There are others that look at the players that we have had on the pitch and realise that none of them were really poor and that they could have been managed differently with perhaps different results. CouLd Rvp Cesc Nasri Clichy be considered not good enough or did we just fail to get the best from them?
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby louder » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:01 am

potter wrote:I guess our support are split in many ways. There are those that buy into the money angle and are prepared to accept the austerity excuse and hide behind the stadium to justify their position. There are others that look at the players that we have had on the pitch and realise that none of them were really poor and that they could have been managed differently with perhaps different results. CouLd Rvp Cesc Nasri Clichy be considered not good enough or did we just fail to get the best from them?


Not hiding behind any 'money' argument. It's a fact that our finances weren't comparable with that of the Clubs who were finishing above us.

RVP was injured for most of his time with us. Nasri was very young while he was with us, which was only 5 minutes in the grand scheme - not sure he was made of title winning stuff anyway. Clichy was, and still can be, considered a lightweight LB. Cesc I can't argue with. I think we got the best out of those players that we could. There have been many players over that period of time who I think were used to there maximum and few went on to do much elsewhere.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10225
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby NickF » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:35 am

louder wrote:
potter wrote:Whoever comes in to replace Wenger will have a decent squad to start with , perhaps with a few tweaks and a couple of signings the extra step that we keep faltering on can be made.


I guarantee you any Manager who comes in will want to spend £50 - £80 million. Wenger will do the same over the next two windows so, as he's the one who's done the difficult years ( What you would call the 'faltering' years) he should be the one to get the first crack of the whip.

Why you, and a few other herberts, persistently ignore the issues The Club has faced since the move is the most confusing phenomenon to have hit The Arsenal since the year dot. Possibly the most confusing in football history..................


Will he? He certainly didn't spend anything like that in the last window.
User avatar
NickF
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Southend

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby louder » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:03 am

NickF wrote:
louder wrote:
potter wrote:Whoever comes in to replace Wenger will have a decent squad to start with , perhaps with a few tweaks and a couple of signings the extra step that we keep faltering on can be made.

I guarantee you any Manager who comes in will want to spend £50 - £80 million. Wenger will do the same over the next two windows so, as he's the one who's done the difficult years ( What you would call the 'faltering' years) he should be the one to get the first crack of the whip.
Why you, and a few other herberts, persistently ignore the issues The Club has faced since the move is the most confusing phenomenon to have hit The Arsenal since the year dot. Possibly the most confusing in football history..................

Will he? He certainly didn't spend anything like that in the last window.


IMO, YES. (I did say the next TWO windows btw) I'm certainly not silly enough to think that what happened in the last window will happen in the next. Not sure why anyone would think that. Is this how you think things work, Nick ?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10225
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby NickF » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:36 am

louder wrote:
NickF wrote:
louder wrote:
potter wrote:Whoever comes in to replace Wenger will have a decent squad to start with , perhaps with a few tweaks and a couple of signings the extra step that we keep faltering on can be made.

I guarantee you any Manager who comes in will want to spend £50 - £80 million. Wenger will do the same over the next two windows so, as he's the one who's done the difficult years ( What you would call the 'faltering' years) he should be the one to get the first crack of the whip.
Why you, and a few other herberts, persistently ignore the issues The Club has faced since the move is the most confusing phenomenon to have hit The Arsenal since the year dot. Possibly the most confusing in football history..................

Will he? He certainly didn't spend anything like that in the last window.


IMO, YES. (I did say the next TWO windows btw) I'm certainly not silly enough to think that what happened in the last window will happen in the next. Not sure why anyone would think that. Is this how you think things work, Nick ?


All I know is that despite being told by the chairman that we could afford any player other than Ronaldo and Messi, Wenger couldn't find a single outfield player that would improve us.

Also in the past Wenger's always said players aren't available in January. Still, hoping we will add a couple of players so we can push on and win the title this season.
User avatar
NickF
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Southend

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby potter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:34 am

Probably he felt that his squad was good enough which in some ways it was. What he didn't factor in was the injury record of many of his back up players he failed to react probably due to erroneous medical advice , something the club seriously need to look at again and again until they get it right.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby NickF » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:11 pm

potter wrote:Probably he felt that his squad was good enough which in some ways it was. What he didn't factor in was the injury record of many of his back up players he failed to react probably due to erroneous medical advice , something the club seriously need to look at again and again until they get it right.


Not really sure how he would come to that conclusion given that we finished 12 points behind Chelsea and got knocked out the champs league early (as usual).
User avatar
NickF
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Southend

Re: Realistically, will Chelsea be able to get in a world class manager for next season?

Postby potter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Possibly he looked at the points gained from the last 18 games Jan1st on to the end of the season.
Chelsea played 18 gained 41 points. Whereas Arsenal got 42 , Man city , Manutd and Liverpool 33 each and the Totts 30.

It should be remembered that during December 2014 we had 13 first teamers out that came back in the new year.
It's the recurring problem that he doesn't seem to take in.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads



Return to Football From Around The World



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron