The Future of Football

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

The Future of Football

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: The Future of Football

Postby Red Snapper » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:50 pm

The worry is that China will hoover up all the best players with unimaginable wages leaving Europe with the second tier players. Could be a good thing in the long run. The mercenaries will all be gathered in one place so leagues like Spain and Germany may have more than two possible winners. Where is all this money coming from in China? Do they have a league comparable to European or South American ones? It seems to have become an issue very quickly.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
User avatar
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: friern barnet

Re: The Future of Football

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Red Snapper wrote:The worry is that China will hoover up all the best players with unimaginable wages leaving Europe with the second tier players. Could be a good thing in the long run. The mercenaries will all be gathered in one place so leagues like Spain and Germany may have more than two possible winners. Where is all this money coming from in China? Do they have a league comparable to European or South American ones? It seems to have become an issue very quickly.


Your right snappy China seem to have come from nowhere. I read today that Man Utd and Man City are playing a friendly there in the close season so obviously they feel the Chinese market will be right for exploitation . I also read and this may be rubbish that the Chinese will try to entice Rooney over there with a salary of £500k A WEEK
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: The Future of Football

Postby potter » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 pm

I always thought that either football in England would grow until it ate itself or until a bigger fish would come along . Seems the fish is arriving . We can expect a number of big name players to be linked with moves and tempted by high salaries and a feeding frenzy from their agents and the press pointing as many poisoned arrows at us as they can. Already both Alexis' and Ozil's agents are jockeying for position . This will happen to us and it will happen to every big club in Europe , the ones that pay up will keep their players and those that don't will slip down their respective pecking orders , it's no different to that which happened when Abramovic changed the situation here . Money has already ruined the game and now is getting ready to burn it's heritage.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6727
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

The Future of Football

Postby Thynker » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:06 pm

It will go the way of American Football with franchises and regularly changing team rosters, as I predicted years ago.
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

The Future of Football

Postby louder » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Rainham Red wrote:Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?


Mma and drone racing are the future !!! :-)
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10218
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

The Future of Football

Postby ForeverRed » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:37 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?


Mma and drone racing are the future !!! :-)



All jokes aside UFC is becoming absolutely massive. I've loved it for a long time but it's really gathering legs now. I love my boxing, but with amount of shit champions (Mayweather, Fury) it's showing that boxing is not what it was, UFC is far more entertaining.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

The Future of Football

Postby louder » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:57 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?


Mma and drone racing are the future !!! :-)


All jokes aside UFC is becoming absolutely massive. I've loved it for a long time but it's really gathering legs now. I love my boxing, but with amount of shit champions (Mayweather, Fury) it's showing that boxing is not what it was, UFC is far more entertaining.


Thompson ' s demolition of big rig at the weekend is a fine example of martial arts done properly. Add to the stand-up that was on show, as well as what Cruz, Condit and Dillashaw bring, to the bjj of Brian Ortega and Tony Ferguson and the courage that Matt Brown, Lawler and Edgar show and you've got a far superior sport to boxing.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10218
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

The Future of Football

Postby Thynker » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:33 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?


Mma and drone racing are the future !!! :-)



All jokes aside UFC is becoming absolutely massive. I've loved it for a long time but it's really gathering legs now. I love my boxing, but with amount of shit champions (Mayweather, Fury) it's showing that boxing is not what it was, UFC is far more entertaining.


Mayweather is one of the greatest ever
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

The Future of Football

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 am

Thynker wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?


Mma and drone racing are the future !!! :-)



All jokes aside UFC is becoming absolutely massive. I've loved it for a long time but it's really gathering legs now. I love my boxing, but with amount of shit champions (Mayweather, Fury) it's showing that boxing is not what it was, UFC is far more entertaining.


Mayweather is one of the greatest ever



No. He isn't.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

The Future of Football

Postby Thynker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:21 am

ForeverRed wrote:
Thynker wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Football as we know it started in 1863 with the with the formation of the Football Association and since then thanks to the British Empire was brought to the rest of the world and no other sport comes close to it in popularity. It`s becoming more popular in the USA although for some reason Americans seem to prefer Rounders or American Rugby but China is the latest Country to become football mad and are spending enormous amounts of money in trying to attract top players.
So where do you think football will end up, will it get stronger and even more popular or will it start to decline and be overtaken by some other sport?


Mma and drone racing are the future !!! :-)



All jokes aside UFC is becoming absolutely massive. I've loved it for a long time but it's really gathering legs now. I love my boxing, but with amount of shit champions (Mayweather, Fury) it's showing that boxing is not what it was, UFC is far more entertaining.


Mayweather is one of the greatest ever



No. He isn't.


Absolute rubbish.
An undefeated, 5 weight world champion?

Tell me why he isn't great.
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: The Future of Football

Postby NickF » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:06 am

Let's face it Mayweather and Fury are despicable people but in Mayweather case his record speaks for itself and in Fury's case he won the title fair and square.
User avatar
NickF
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Southend

Re: The Future of Football

Postby Red Snapper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:46 am

So, which is the future of football, Mayweather or Fury?
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
User avatar
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: friern barnet

The Future of Football

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:50 pm

This thread is about the future of football not boxing or any other sport. Do you think that football will still be going strong a hundred years from now?
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

The Future of Football

Postby Thynker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Rainham Red wrote:This thread is about the future of football not boxing or any other sport. Do you think that football will still be going strong a hundred years from now?


It will bear little resemblance to now
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

The Future of Football

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Thynker wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:This thread is about the future of football not boxing or any other sport. Do you think that football will still be going strong a hundred years from now?


It will bear little resemblance to now


Probably played by robots
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

The Future of Football

Postby Thynker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
Thynker wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:This thread is about the future of football not boxing or any other sport. Do you think that football will still be going strong a hundred years from now?


It will bear little resemblance to now


Probably played by robots


and watched by them
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: The Future of Football

Postby NickF » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Be interesting to see what happens with the Chinese money. You will get the mercenaries going over there.
But lets face it, winning the title in one of the major European countries would hold a lot more prestige than winning the Chinese league.
User avatar
NickF
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Southend

Re: The Future of Football

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:23 am

NickF wrote:Be interesting to see what happens with the Chinese money. You will get the mercenaries going over there.
But lets face it, winning the title in one of the major European countries would hold a lot more prestige than winning the Chinese league.


Maybe but earning £500k a week in China trumps earning £300k a week in Europe
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: The Future of Football

Postby potter » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Not if your team is Tiananmen Square Rovers.

Training every day running the great wall .
living on a diet of ?? chicken ?? and noodles.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6727
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Next


Return to Football From Around The World



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


cron