leicester v wham

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

leicester v wham

Postby Red Snapper » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:23 pm

I don't know what to make of the refereeing of this game today. When Leicester played at our place Vardy "won" a penalty by initiating contact with a defender but today he got sent off for the same thing. It seemed the ref couldn't wait to show the card. Later a penalty was awarded against the foxes for an offence the like of which had happened previously at every corner in the game. A much worse foul on Huth was ignored in the Hammers penalty area later. I don't know if the ref was told something through his earpiece or if he just decided to even things up but he gave Leicester a penalty right at the death for the most innocuous "foul" I've seen for a long time. I'm pleased Leicester got a point as I couldn't bear for N17 to be champions but it was all a bit curious today IMO.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

leicester v wham

Postby Thynker » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Red Snapper wrote:I don't know what to make of the refereeing of this game today. When Leicester played at our place Vardy "won" a penalty by initiating contact with a defender but today he got sent off for the same thing. It seemed the ref couldn't wait to show the card. Later a penalty was awarded against the foxes for an offence the like of which had happened previously at every corner in the game. A much worse foul on Huth was ignored in the Hammers penalty area later. I don't know if the ref was told something through his earpiece or if he just decided to even things up but he gave Leicester a penalty right at the death for the most innocuous "foul" I've seen for a long time. I'm pleased Leicester got a point as I couldn't bear for N17 to be champions but it was all a bit curious today IMO.

Unfortunately refereeing decisions are increasingly inconsistent. Also penalties are not given for fouls which would clearly be given further up the field.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Re: leicester v wham

Postby Northern Gooner » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Ref's have been a joke all season decisions are so inconsistent.

Vardy deserved the yellow for me though, I still think it was a dive against us and he's done it all season so about time a ref woke up to him.
Northern Gooner

Return to Football From Around The World