Hillsborough verdict

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Hillsborough verdict

Postby 8 years of fa » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:51 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36138337
To conclude that " fans" did not contribute to this disaster is ridiculous! Now its rumbles on. I see another witch hunt of Cops and officials. Whilst i feel for the victims and their families. This exonoration of the " fans" is wrong. Maybe the victims of Heysel, that conveniently forgotten distant memory will get " justice" some day.
Your team, your failure, your resignation!
8 years of fa
Forum Supporter

Hillsborough verdict

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 am

8 years of fa wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36138337
To conclude that " fans" did not contribute to this disaster is ridiculous! Now its rumbles on. I see another witch hunt of Cops and officials. Whilst i feel for the victims and their families. This exonoration of the " fans" is wrong. Maybe the victims of Heysel, that conveniently forgotten distant memory will get " justice" some day.

This is probably just the start I expect a criminal investigation will begin and there will be civil lawsuits flying about
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Hillsborough verdict

Postby 8 years of fa » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Some families asking for the current Chief Constable of South Yorks to resign..Why??? WTF has it got to do with him. 27 years have passed. Some muppet reporter just said as the Chief finished his press admission. " there are some calls for the South Yorkshire Police to be disbanded" WTF? Are these twat reporters for real. Yeah lets disband one of the biggest forces in the country. I said there would be a witch hunt.
Your team, your failure, your resignation!
8 years of fa
Forum Supporter

Hillsborough verdict

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:01 pm

8 years of fa wrote:Some families asking for the current Chief Constable of South Yorks to resign..Why??? WTF has it got to do with him. 27 years have passed. Some muppet reporter just said as the Chief finished his press admission. " there are some calls for the South Yorkshire Police to be disbanded" WTF? Are these twat reporters for real. Yeah lets disband one of the biggest forces in the country. I said there would be a witch hunt.

Yes it`s ridiculous but I think they will definitely be after Chief Superintendent Dukenfield who was Commander of the Police presence at ther game.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Hillsborough verdict

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:15 pm

I feel so much for the families and friends of those poor people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were vilified in the press for years with lies told that suited the authorities at the time. It was believable. But now when you look back it's really unbelievable. The whole thing was a shambles but rather than take some responsibility for the decisions taken they tried to cover it up. Where were the sane voices that day? It was easy to dehumanise football fans back then but it shouldn't of been.

This whole thing needs to be wrapped up quickly so that everyone can try and move on. The only action I've heard requested from the Justice campaign is that they want those who took decisions that led to the deaths and those who decided to cover up their actions should accept responsibility personally for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Hillsborough verdict

Postby Thynker » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:27 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:I feel so much for the families and friends of those poor people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were vilified in the press for years with lies told that suited the authorities at the time. It was believable. But now when you look back it's really unbelievable. The whole thing was a shambles but rather than take some responsibility for the decisions taken they tried to cover it up. Where were the sane voices that day? It was easy to dehumanise football fans back then but it shouldn't of been.

This whole thing needs to be wrapped up quickly so that everyone can try and move on. The only action I've heard requested from the Justice campaign is that they want those who took decisions that led to the deaths and those who decided to cover up their actions should accept responsibility personally for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is fair.
We also should remember why fences went up initially, and point out that Liverpool fans jumped the turnstiles in Istanbul
RIP the 96
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Hillsborough verdict

Postby radford149 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:22 am

no one should go to a football match and not return.

the lies and the subsequent cover up and intimidation should be dealt with by giving those involved custodial sentences.

i struggle to see that no blame should be shouldered by the fans. ticket-less fans at a major event dose not in itself cause a problem think us in paris and the celtic fans in lisbon. however, should those fans then try and gain entry then the whole picture changes.
radford149

Re: Hillsborough verdict

Postby potter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Leppings Lane was a disaster waiting to happen . All it needed was large numbers of fans pushing and shoving at one time in the restricted area to create havoc. Sure the police handled things badly but to completely exonerate the people that pushed their way into the back and crushed those at the front is an unfathomable decision.
However watch this video and see some of the comments from 8 years earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Re: Hillsborough verdict

Postby Thynker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:32 pm

potter wrote:Leppings Lane was a disaster waiting to happen . All it needed was large numbers of fans pushing and shoving at one time in the restricted area to create havoc. Sure the police handled things badly but to completely exonerate the people that pushed their way into the back and crushed those at the front is an unfathomable decision.
However watch this video and see some of the comments from 8 years earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0

I never knew about this incident until now.

So they actually had prior warning of the dangers?

Fuck1ng disgraceful it was allowed to happen. Caging in people. Sad, sad times
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Return to Football From Around The World