Congratulations Leicester City

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Postby Red Snapper » Tue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Well done Leicester City. I imagine Wenger is currently in his study clutching for new excuses because the ones he's used have been totally shown up. Oops :?

Maybe LVG is in his study too.

And mo-po in his.

And Pelligrini in his.

Lord knows where Jose is.......

Ok but none of the others were mentioned were they. Arsene's "resources" excuse has been well and truly shown up. You can't deny that.

Indeed but it doesn't help the "spend some effing money" crew either.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Re: Congratulations Leicester City

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Sorry but Leicester winning doesn't prove one thing or another in relation to Arsenal, AW or Money we've spent or not spent. One blip does not make a trend. Even Blackburn back in the day spent a small fortune buying in players to win the league. Leicester have proven that it can be done but no-one would say that it is now the proven way to win :)

Anyone who has watched football for long enough knows what comes next here. They might do well again next year but it will be largely unsustainable and larger clubs will overtake again - one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Wed May 04, 2016 12:58 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:Sorry but Leicester winning doesn't prove one thing or another in relation to Arsenal, AW or Money we've spent or not spent. One blip does not make a trend. Even Blackburn back in the day spent a small fortune buying in players to win the league. Leicester have proven that it can be done but no-one would say that it is now the proven way to win :)

Anyone who has watched football for long enough knows what comes next here. They might do well again next year but it will be largely unsustainable and larger clubs will overtake again - one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was trying to say but you put it much better! :thumbs:
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Wed May 04, 2016 8:23 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Well done Leicester City. I imagine Wenger is currently in his study clutching for new excuses because the ones he's used have been totally shown up. Oops :?

Maybe LVG is in his study too.
And mo-po in his.
And Pelligrini in his.
Lord knows where Jose is.......

Ok but none of the others were mentioned were they. Arsene's "resources" excuse has been well and truly shown up. You can't deny that.

This is where my problem lies at the moment with all the Wenger Out lot. Wenger has, and rightfully so, blamed resources for not being able to hold on to players and not being able to outbid richer clubs for players (The sort of players that he's taken a pasting for not signing), but I've never heard him say we can't win the league for the same reason. If anything, Wenger has always been consistent in his views that spending money is not the only way to win the league. It is, in part, a reason why he has been labelled delusional and stubborn.

There are a lot of people openly contradicting themselves based on what Leicester have just done, when in fact it proves Wenger right and a lot of the WOB wrong. Not they'll (You'll) admit it. As RS has just said, makes those who yelled 'Spend some f'ing money' look a bit stupid. But they aren't there to be held to account, are they.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Wed May 04, 2016 8:24 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:Sorry but Leicester winning doesn't prove one thing or another in relation to Arsenal, AW or Money we've spent or not spent. One blip does not make a trend. Even Blackburn back in the day spent a small fortune buying in players to win the league. Leicester have proven that it can be done but no-one would say that it is now the proven way to win :)

That's a good'ish post.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Allgunsblazin » Fri May 06, 2016 7:14 am

The dynamics of Leicester are, work hard for each other for ninety minutes, Wengers dynamic is play tippy tippy football with little or no penetration, looking for that defence splitting football...
Leicester=Athletico, hardworking but hard to break down...
Big teams no longer exist, but big egos do!.... :D
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun May 08, 2016 6:49 am

Just watched match of the day. Absolutely unbelievable. The best thing to have happened in footy for a long time and the first time I've ever been genuinely happy and pleased to see another team and another group of supporters celebrating. Amazing. Amazing. Love it !
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun May 08, 2016 7:44 am

louder wrote:Just watched match of the day. Absolutely unbelievable. The best thing to have happened in footy for a long time and the first time I've ever been genuinely happy and pleased to see another team and another group of supporters celebrating. Amazing. Amazing. Love it !

I second that but did you see Villa fans at the end of their match? Considering they are relegated the reaction of their fans in support of the team was incredible.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun May 08, 2016 8:04 am

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:Just watched match of the day. Absolutely unbelievable. The best thing to have happened in footy for a long time and the first time I've ever been genuinely happy and pleased to see another team and another group of supporters celebrating. Amazing. Amazing. Love it !

I second that but did you see Villa fans at the end of their match? Considering they are relegated the reaction of their fans in support of the team was incredible.

I had it on, but just in the background after the Leicester match. I'll take another look.
louder
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Football From Around The World