Euro's 2016

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Re: Euro's 2016

Postby potter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Did he have to pin the rosette on the bull.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Red Snapper wrote:My great grandfather was mayor of Hereford and that's near Wales so can I be a Wales fan for the night?

I`ve been to Wales a couple of times so that makes me an honourable Welshman and I`m fluent in Welsh ` call me Dai indeed to goodness`
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:58 am

So the dream ends. What an amazing and unforgettable journey we've had. The lads played with heart, passion and fire. They showed the world that we are no one man team. We've built a good platform for Welsh football and long may it continue.

Unmeasurable pride from everyone in Wales.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:33 am

ForeverRed wrote:So the dream ends. What an amazing and unforgettable journey we've had. The lads played with heart, passion and fire. They showed the world that we are no one man team. We've built a good platform for Welsh football and long may it continue.

You have a right to be proud of your team they were brilliant. Although you matched Portugal Wales were undone by the brilliance of Ronaldo, how did he jump so high and hover before he headed an unstoppable goal? I can1`t help thinking things might have been different if Ramsey had played but we will never know.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:42 am

Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:So the dream ends. What an amazing and unforgettable journey we've had. The lads played with heart, passion and fire. They showed the world that we are no one man team. We've built a good platform for Welsh football and long may it continue.

You have a right to be proud of your team they were brilliant. Although you matched Portugal Wales were undone by the brilliance of Ronaldo, how did he jump so high and hover before he headed an unstoppable goal? I can1`t help thinking things might have been different if Ramsey had played but we will never know.

All if's and but's RR. Considering we were written off even qualifying for the tournament we've done unbelievably. It just wasn't to be.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Thynker » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Giroud showing tonight why he is absolutely not a world class striker.

Clear through. Not quick enough to go finish it himself. Not aware enough to lift his head and pass to Griezmann who was in the clear (and who is twice the player Giroud is)
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Honestly I think Giroud is one of the most awkward looking strikers I've ever seen.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:58 pm

He has no pace, he just reminds of a some big bloke to aim the ball to so he can knock it on for someone who has a better touch and is quicker on the ball

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:30 am

Steve wrote:He has no pace, he just reminds of a some big bloke to aim the ball to so he can knock it on for someone who has a better touch and is quicker on the ball

Although Giroud is not top class I think you are being a little unfair in your description of him. He finished the tournament as joint 2nd top scorer and also weighed in with three assists. Having said that we really should be bringing in a striker a couple of grades up from Giroud
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:57 am

He has flashes but is not consistent enough and is not a lone striker. Even Henry laughed at his lack of pace.
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Red Snapper » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:39 am

Giroud is a very good one touch finisher but he needs to be played to his strengths. He's obviously poor when in a position which calls for pace and also seems to be lacking when he has time to think about it. He should be a good partner to another striker who could feed off his knockdowns or meeting crosses from wingers getting round the back but he really needs more variety in his game.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
Steve wrote:He has no pace, he just reminds of a some big bloke to aim the ball to so he can knock it on for someone who has a better touch and is quicker on the ball

Although Giroud is not top class I think you are being a little unfair in your description of him. He finished the tournament as joint 2nd top scorer and also weighed in with three assists. Having said that we really should be bringing in a striker a couple of grades up from Giroud

Exactly, RR. The bloke's had three or four very good games. One average one and he's sh*t all of a sudden. Biased.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby louder » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Thynker wrote:France

Doh !!!!

After the certainty of a Remain vote and the confidence in Gove to become Prime Minister, the home nation were sooooo close........but no cigar.
Not a great year so far for predictions from the irish chap. I just hope (and there's little doubt he will) he wagers on The Arsenal not finishing top !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Football From Around The World