Euro's 2016

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Euro's 2016

Postby ForeverRed » Tue May 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Well it's nearly here folks. This is our Euro's topic for us to discuss it all over the summer.

What's your predictions? Anyone to shock the football world? Let's hope for a cracking tournament.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Re: Euro's 2016

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue May 31, 2016 3:22 pm

I predict Germany to fall flat at the group stages and France to win it with Engerrrrland going out on Pens in the Semis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Thynker » Tue May 31, 2016 6:07 pm

France
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Thynker » Tue May 31, 2016 6:08 pm

N.Ireland got screwed over.

Group winners should have been seeded.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Red Snapper » Tue May 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Thynker wrote:France

Yes, it is in France.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby louder » Tue May 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Red Snapper wrote:

Yes, it is in France.

:D
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Tue May 31, 2016 9:31 pm

How can we have so many scummers and scousers in our 23 and expect to win the competition ?

My verdict - Not a f**king chance of us winning the thing.

Roy's toast.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Thynker » Tue May 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Red Snapper wrote:

Yes, it is in France.

Puerile.

Look it up.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:28 am

louder wrote:How can we have so many scummers and scousers in our 23 and expect to win the competition ?

Roy's toast.

What squad would you have taken?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:30 am

I'm just looking forward to us being there. It'll be a great summer for all of us here, we'll take it game by game and whatever happens happens. I think we're perfectly capable of getting out of the groups, just need to keep the lads fit.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:40 am

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:How can we have so many scummers and scousers in our 23 and expect to win the competition ?
Roy's toast.

TBH I haven't thought about 23 players I would take. For starters though, I ain't keen on Hart in goal, so i'd look elsewhere for a No1. But my biggest problems with the situation atm is Roy trying to be clever with his use of Dier/Dyer (Not sure which spelling). For starters the geezer ain't that good. And secondly, we shouldn't be f**king around with moving midfielders into CD in case something occurs. I think Drinkwater is desperately unlucky. I also have concerns that Roy won't make Vardy an outright first pick and that Rooney will. I do like Kane though, despite the fact he can barely speak.

I'm no more down on this squad than I have been about the last two or three, I'm just nailing my colours up there and saying we can't win the tournament. As long as we do the defensive side well, get Jack on the ball as much as possible and give vardy and Kane the freedom to work then a close semi-final match would be some consolation. We'll see I suppose.
louder
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Red Snapper » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Thynker wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:

Yes, it is in France.

Puerile.

Look it up.

Humourless.

Don't bother.

Just find a mirror.
AFCINMYDNA

Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Thynker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:08 pm

"Puerile" does not mean "humourless."

You should have looked it up.

Now you just look even sillier.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Euro's 2016

Postby Red Snapper » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Thynker wrote:"Puerile" does not mean "humourless."

You should have looked it up.

Now you just look even sillier.

That's more like it! That made me snigger slightly. Almost banter. Well done.
AFCINMYDNA

Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:21 am

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Roy's toast.

TBH I haven't thought about 23 players I would take. For starters though, I ain't keen on Hart in goal, so i'd look elsewhere for a No1. But my biggest problems with the situation atm is Roy trying to be clever with his use of Dier/Dyer (Not sure which spelling). For starters the geezer ain't that good. And secondly, we shouldn't be f**king around with moving midfielders into CD in case something occurs. I think Drinkwater is desperately unlucky. I also have concerns that Roy won't make Vardy an outright first pick and that Rooney will. I do like Kane though, despite the fact he can barely speak.

I'm no more down on this squad than I have been about the last two or three, I'm just nailing my colours up there and saying we can't win the tournament. As long as we do the defensive side well, get Jack on the ball as much as possible and give vardy and Kane the freedom to work then a close semi-final match would be some consolation. We'll see I suppose.

So then how can you slate Roy's team selection if you don't know what team you'd take yourself? What number one would you put instead of Hart? And Dier being swapped around? Sounds familier doesn't it ;)
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:55 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Roy's toast.

So then how can you slate Roy's team selection if you don't know what team you'd take yourself? What number one would you put instead of Hart? And Dier being swapped around? Sounds familier doesn't it ;)

I haven't criticised his team selection, I've criticised elements of his team selection. And if I were to pick a 23 there are bound to be similarities due to the small pool of English players to choose from.

The Hart issue ? Were he fit, Stoke's 'keeper is better. As he isn't available this is not an option. I'd have to have a closer look at the options, but I ain't a Joe Hart fan. I wonder if Pep replaces him over the next year or two.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:20 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Roy's toast.

I haven't criticised his team selection, I've criticised elements of his team selection. And if I were to pick a 23 there are bound to be similarities due to the small pool of English players to choose from.

The Hart issue ? Were he fit, Stoke's 'keeper is better. As he isn't available this is not an option. I'd have to have a closer look at the options, but I ain't a Joe Hart fan. I wonder if Pep replaces him over the next year or two.

Well Butland isnt fit and was ruled out weeks ago. So who would you put as No 1? what options are there?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:38 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:I haven't criticised his team selection, I've criticised elements of his team selection. And if I were to pick a 23 there are bound to be similarities due to the small pool of English players to choose from.

Well Butland isnt fit and was ruled out weeks ago. So who would you put as No 1? what options are there?

And you want me to keep answering your questions ? If you'd bothered to actually read my posts then I may have continued to be civil.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:18 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:I haven't criticised his team selection, I've criticised elements of his team selection. And if I were to pick a 23 there are bound to be similarities due to the small pool of English players to choose from.

And you want me to keep answering your questions ? If you'd bothered to actually read my posts then I may have continued to be civil.

No it's perfectly simple. You said you'd look at other options, so what options are they? It's a very easy question.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:26 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

No it's perfectly simple. You said you'd look at other options, so what options are they? It's a very easy question.

OK. I'll answer it the easiest way I know how and we'll call it a day.

Answer - The options are as many as there are English goalkeepers in the game. Options a plenty.
louder
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Football From Around The World