Germany vs England

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Germany vs England

Postby I Believe Overall » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:17 am

Some massive strides forward last night I thought. For a few years there has been some greenshoots appearing with players able to pass and move with some freedom. I think 1st half especially that was really evident even from players like Cahill who in the past would boot it out rather than trust his ability to pass forwards. Didn't quite run for them in front of goal and Alli especially was wasteful but thats the difference between high quality and world class. Lallana is quickly becoming my favourite player outside of Arsenal. Fantastic engine, good quality on the ball and always seem to be in the right place.

Plenty were berating Southgate for putting Livermore and Keane in the side but I think they showed many reasons why they should be ahead of the likes of Wilshere or Stones - 2 extremely talented players but without real consistency of performance.

I'm not sure we have the quality up front in depth to trouble the winners of tournaments but I think we look likely to give most a game and less likely to make Iceland look worldclass. I think Southgate has found a side and a pattern of play that we could show some pride in and it will be interesting to see how they progress from here in the years ahead. Our younger England teams having been making great strides in recent years and I think it bodes well for the future to see some of those come through into the senior side.

Podolski is a one trick pony but when that trick means smashing a ball that hard with accuracy - well fair play to him. Germany's next crop look pretty mediocre right now but still had the knack of not losing...but I'd imagine Southgate would have more hope for the future of his team than Low.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Germany vs England

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:21 am

England impressed me I thought they were the better team. I think if Kane was playing we may have won (it hurts to say that but you put your rivalry aside when supporting England). What a cracker from Podolski! Very fitting as it was his last game.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Germany vs England

Postby louder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Dele Average is, well, average.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Return to Football From Around The World