Subscrition to the Forum.

Anything to do with the forum will be posted here.

Re: Subscrition to the Forum.

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

The Golden Phoenix wrote:
Friscoslug wrote:In looking at the members list I count 30 regulars who are already forum supporters and 16 regulars who are not. Two of the forum supporters are probably not up for it again, for example, Dorito Brother. Where is he I miss his posts.

If all others can be persuaded to contribute then with £4 each we reach our target. Even assuming that the 16 regular forum posters but not supporters have a congenital abhorrence to paying to post the remaining 30 of us could keep the site going with a contribution of £5.75. What are your thoughts?

I agree with you, and have willingly contributed in the past, and, am prepared to do so again. However, I feel resentful that certain individuals feel that they can scrounge of others, especially when those freeloaders are often rude, or, condescending to those of us who do pay our way.

I was going to say this but didn't know what the reaction would be like. Well said. I've just sorted a new car so give it a week or so and I'll donate again.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:54 am

ForeverRed wrote:
Friscoslug wrote:In looking at the members list I count 30 regulars who are already forum supporters and 16 regulars who are not. Two of the forum supporters are probably not up for it again, for example, Dorito Brother. Where is he I miss his posts.

If all others can be persuaded to contribute then with £4 each we reach our target. Even assuming that the 16 regular forum posters but not supporters have a congenital abhorrence to paying to post the remaining 30 of us could keep the site going with a contribution of £5.75. What are your thoughts?

I agree with you, and have willingly contributed in the past, and, am prepared to do so again. However, I feel resentful that certain individuals feel that they can scrounge of others, especially when those freeloaders are often rude, or, condescending to those of us who do pay our way.

I was going to say this but didn't know what the reaction would be like. Well said. I've just sorted a new car so give it a week or so and I'll donate again.

I'm losing patience with freeloaders. I belong to another group where we have the same problem. Even the threat of closure does not make them pay their share. Then the ones who care, and, pay lose an amenity. Like you, I just had a huge, unexpected bill. Need to recover from that, but, will pay my share, before deadline day.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:53 am

ForeverRed wrote:

I'm losing patience with freeloaders. I belong to another group where we have the same problem. Even the threat of closure does not make them pay their share. Then the ones who care, and, pay lose an amenity. Like you, I just had a huge, unexpected bill. Need to recover from that, but, will pay my share, before deadline day.

Amen.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:55 am

Steve wrote:I don't want to make the forum a paid for access only site but it is something I can do.

I think it's something you should consider. A forum with 30 members who are willing to pay, is better than no forum at all.
And the ones on here, who aren't willing to pay have a choice go elsewhere or cough up a fiver. It's not like you are asking everyone to give a hundred quid. ffs it's only 11p a week.
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:16 am

chunky_monkey wrote:
Steve wrote:I don't want to make the forum a paid for access only site but it is something I can do.

I think it's something you should consider. A forum with 30 members who are willing to pay, is better than no forum at all.
And the ones on here, who aren't willing to pay have a choice go elsewhere or cough up a fiver. It's not like you are asking everyone to give a hundred quid. ffs it's only 11p a week.

:applaude:
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:09 pm

I put it to the board (as such), if this is what you want then I will make this happen around the 15th November. I'll make a poll.
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

Postby wilko331984 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:31 pm

@Steve, is there any way of putting a donations option into the tapatalk app? On a totally different forum I use, they have that option?

Balls! I thought you could tag people using the "@" symbol. Could we maybe have that option too if it's easy to do?
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:32 pm

wilko331984 wrote:@Steve, is there any way of putting a donations option into the tapatalk app? On a totally different forum I use, they have that option?

Ooh, I'll have a peek
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

Postby ForeverRed » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 am

Here's an idea, why not just keep it as an open forum but those who pay get subscriber privileges? Like maybe a subs only lounge where all the subs can chat etc? New features for their profile to make them stand out as a subscriber? Smilies exclusive to subscribers? Those are things that can be thought of but you get the idea. This way you have the best of both worlds, an open forum but a special subscription service with it.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:41 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Here's an idea, why not just keep it as an open forum but those who pay get subscriber privileges? Like maybe a subs only lounge where all the subs can chat etc? New features for their profile to make them stand out as a subscriber? Smilies exclusive to subscribers? Those are things that can be thought of but you get the idea. This way you have the best of both worlds, an open forum but a special subscription service with it.

Not a bad idea,do we get free drinks at half time.
Seriously it's a good idea :thumbs:
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby CaptainOoermrs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:06 am

Thank you for the timely reminder and a kick up the ....
I love the site and I should contribute to it. The problem is when the thoughts come to me I am always skint (I normally have money for about the first week of the month before it is all swallowed up)
I have to express my apologies though there is no excuse and I will pop in some to at the start of November ( if someone could remind me again though that would be immensely appreciated)
CaptainOoermrs
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:49 am

Tenbob wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Here's an idea, why not just keep it as an open forum but those who pay get subscriber privileges? Like maybe a subs only lounge where all the subs can chat etc? New features for their profile to make them stand out as a subscriber? Smilies exclusive to subscribers? Those are things that can be thought of but you get the idea. This way you have the best of both worlds, an open forum but a special subscription service with it.

I dont drink :popcorn
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 am

Steve please PM as to when I last paid. I think it's time for me to negotiate PayPal.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Friscoslug » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 pm

For now a few thoughts.

I would rather keep it an open forum. I don't anticipate growth however, any inpulses from outside are welcome. Closed systems eventually die IMO. Controversy and diverse opinion is good.
I do also though have a problem with overly emotional/ agressive posters but only when they attach other posters for holding legitimate opinions simply because the opinion is different from their own. In fact I would go further and say it is the highjacking of most threads with attacks on the manager that irritates me most - because it kills the thread and kills my motivation even to visit the forum and have a read. Which I like to do.
All of us have been on the forum for years now. I think it is fair to say we get it! We know how the haters feel, we know why you feel that way and we know what would make you feel better. I'd like it to stop but it won't. Thus, an idea below.

I like this forum. I don't visit others. I'd like it to stay afloat and I would be prepared to contribute again to it especially if it were to become a site that acknowledges that is has subscribers - customers if you like. I understand others cannot easily, or will not, contribute that's not an issue for me.

Couldn't we though put out heads together and try to tailer it to the subscribers preferences.
Two examples off the top of my head. We could have a dedicated thread to AW- The Manager where the haters can offload their bile and we can choose to contaminate ourselves or ignore it. This would mean more robust policing of other treads by the mods to prune out anyone who didn't respect it.

The other idea would be to have a dedicated thread for Theme of the Week or some such title. My idea here is to create a space that taps the deep knowledge, insights, observations and opinions of our regular posters. Really, one get's glimpses of it before a thread is side-tracked or the wisdom to spread over too many threads. Subscribers could indicate topics they would like to discuss each week in the thread - much like we do with AGB score prediction thread. We could vote and then hopefully contribute and keep a fresh feel. That could be subscribers only perhaps.

I am of course assuming that Steve and the mods are up for it.
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter

Postby Friscoslug » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Ha ha. I expect someone to post a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz any minute.

Sorry, it's a bit long.
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter

Postby Allgunsblazin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Tenbob wrote:

I dont drink :popcorn

That old chestnut! :eek:

There needs to be a bit more commitment from non subscribers, Christ, even if it is 50p a month that would be something towards the upkeep.

Bailing out FARE EVADERS is not the way forward, to move forward you need to restrict their access to read only which is fair as it allows them access to the topics but cannot contribute until they cough up...

Another route to sustain the forum, would be to charge REGISTERED GUESTS to create a new thread..
100 threads per annum @ 70p would bring in £70 well over a third of the annual sum required and would reduce the costs for the regular investors....
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm

CaptainOoermrs wrote:Thank you for the timely reminder and a kick up the ....
I love the site and I should contribute to it. The problem is when the thoughts come to me I am always skint (I normally have money for about the first week of the month before it is all swallowed up)
I have to express my apologies though there is no excuse and I will pop in some to at the start of November ( if someone could remind me again though that would be immensely appreciated)

no probs, i read some where on here even if you cough up a fiver, it's only roughly 10p a week. :thumbs:
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:09 pm

I'm trying to make a payment but I can't connect to paypal from any direction! The connection from here doesn't work nor does trying to connect through a browser. Anyone know if they're having problems at their end?
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Red Snapper wrote:I'm trying to make a payment but I can't connect to paypal from any direction! The connection from here doesn't work nor does trying to connect through a browser. Anyone know if they're having problems at their end?

If it continues to play up RS contact Steve.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Friscoslug » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Steve, I've been trying to reset my password for over a week now. As my help mail explained I cannot find that option in User Control Panel / Profile to do so. Could you help out. Thanks.
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Announcements