The Official Travel Club Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

The Official Travel Club Thread

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am

Have any Gold Members received an application form with a demand for £15? For the past 3 or 4 years it has been free as part of our membership. In addition, being a member of the Away Scheme, means that one is a member of the TC. Has someone slipped up, or, is this another rip-off? I am in the process of getting the info from the club, so, we'll see.

Just spoke to a lovely lady at the club. The forms were sent out in error, so, if you are a gold and receive this form, bin it.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Travel Club

Postby ArsenalMill » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:54 pm

The Golden Phoenix wrote:Have any Gold Members received an application form with a demand for £15? For the past 3 or 4 years it has been free as part of our membership. In addition, being a member of the Away Scheme, means that one is a member of the TC. Has someone slipped up, or, is this another rip-off? I am in the process of getting the info from the club, so, we'll see.

Just spoke to a lovely lady at the club. The forms were sent out in error, so, if you are a gold and receive this form, bin it.

Wait I'm a gold member but never got tickets to away games as i didn't have enough 'away points'
ArsenalMill

Travel Club

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:02 pm

The Golden Phoenix wrote:Have any Gold Members received an application form with a demand for £15? For the past 3 or 4 years it has been free as part of our membership. In addition, being a member of the Away Scheme, means that one is a member of the TC. Has someone slipped up, or, is this another rip-off? I am in the process of getting the info from the club, so, we'll see.

I`m a Gold Member but didn`t get a form which is hurtful even if it was sent out in error
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Travel Club

Postby Smudge » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm a gold and travel club member (from when I was a red member, all my away points are on that and not my ST). Still no letter.
Gold (Block 126) & Travel Club Member
Smudge

Travel Club

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 am

Rainham Red wrote:

I`m a Gold Member but didn`t get a form which is hurtful even if it was sent out in error

Phone the Box Office, and, ask for one.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 am

Smudge wrote:I'm a gold and travel club member (from when I was a red member, all my away points are on that and not my ST). Still no letter.

You should get them transferred to your Gold. If we ever get to a semi, or, a final ( :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: ) it may be vital.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Smudge » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 am

Got the letter in the post today. With a deadline of Friday 22nd July... Only the 22nd is a Monday and that's only six days away. Are they taking the piss?
Smudge

Postby Allgunsblazin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:15 am

Smudge wrote:Got the letter in the post today. With a deadline of Friday 22nd July... Only the 22nd is a Monday and that's only six days away. Are they taking the p**s?

No letter for me Smudge, thanks for the deadline day!
Total disorganised bunch by the sounds of it!
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:52 am

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Smudge wrote:Got the letter in the post today. With a deadline of Friday 22nd July... Only the 22nd is a Monday and that's only six days away. Are they taking the p**s?

No letter for me Smudge, thanks for the deadline day!
Total disorganised bunch by the sounds of it!

Total disaster! Don't pay or complete form, if you are a Gold or Plat.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby 79Clockender » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm a TC member and I've received zilch as yet, i do recall they was always the last memberships to be sent out
Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent - David Rocastle
79Clockender

Postby Allgunsblazin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:45 pm

79Clockender wrote:I'm a TC member and I've received zilch as yet, i do recall they was always the last memberships to be sent out

Same as, but I have near always had to chase up these beggars as far back as I can remember.
Last season the new cards had no expiry dates on, or the ugly mug shots to save cash!
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Travel Club

Postby Allgunsblazin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Received the form today, and as Smudge stated Friday 22nd July is the deadline!!
I have a feeling there has been a huge ballsup!!! :clown: :smackbum:
Ring 0844 277 3625 should you have not received your form!
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I would think that they have been working overtime on season ticket renewals / non take ups.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Allgunsblazin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 pm

potter wrote:I would think that they have been working overtime on season ticket renewals / non take ups.

And they have buggered up Silver Waiting List!
Its a complete mess by all accounts...... :D
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby 79Clockender » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Received mine today. Just out of curiousity, have they stopped taking new applications?
Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent - David Rocastle
79Clockender

Postby Smudge » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 am

79Clockender wrote:Received mine today. Just out of curiousity, have they stopped taking new applications?

Yeah, Travel Club closed a few seasons ago. The cynic in me thinks that's why they are so lax with renewals so they can wind it up and just use Gold/Silver/Red memberships.

I ended up renewing online. Something the form doesn't state either. I emailed the club after I posted on here and they told me to call the regular travel number, they then put me through to a different number and left me on hold. The pre-recorded message said something about all memberships are renewable online so I gave it ago. Logged in today and it's all up to date. My precious away points down to 18. :(
Smudge

Travel Club

Postby Allgunsblazin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:04 pm

All done :pint: on the 0207 tel no, could not locate TC renewals on Ars.com
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Travel Club

Postby Allgunsblazin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:13 pm

When is our first awayday Phoenix......?? :tongue2:
Can you edit this with title being The Official Travel Club Thread and stickie it....?
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Travel Club

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Allgunsblazin wrote:When is our first awayday Phoenix......?? :tongue2:
Can you edit this with title being The Official Travel Club Thread and stickie it....?

Your wish, is my command. First charabanc ride is a foreign one on the 28th September!
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Travel Club

Postby Allgunsblazin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:07 pm

The Golden Phoenix wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:When is our first awayday Phoenix......?? :tongue2:

Your wish, is my command. First charabanc ride is a foreign one on the 28th September!

Good girl....This way we can keep close tabs on those retrobates in the Ivory Tower who wish to decimate the Travel Club Society when renewals are due!... :thumbs:
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Arsenal Chat