The Official Travel Club Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: The Official Travel Club Thread

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:28 am

potter wrote:The Deluded One would not want us to be on the same plane as him, and, his players.

Maybe if you run along the runway they will stop and pick you up ,

:Catfight: :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby oldherd » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Is that right that Dan from the travel club is no more at Arsenal?
oldherd

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:47 am

oldherd wrote:Is that right that Dan from the travel club is no more at Arsenal?

Yes. He was treated very badly. He was told that his job was being re-vamped, and, he could take voluntary redundancy or re-apply for his job. He opted for the latter, put in his application, and, didn't even get an interview, so compulsory redundancy. That was after working for the club for twenty years. :oldgit:
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 am

The Golden Phoenix wrote:
oldherd wrote:Is that right that Dan from the travel club is no more at Arsenal?

Yes. He was treated very badly. He was told that his job was being re-vamped, and, he could take voluntary redundancy or re-apply for his job. He opted for the latter, put in his application, and, didn't even get an interview, so compulsory redundancy. That was after working for the club for twenty years. :oldgit:

Disgraceful. Another F up by the club.

Twenty years of service to the club, he's exactly the person that should be doing it.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby oldherd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:22 am

I saw his job advertised and genuinely thought he was being promoted. I know he was not happy the way they did it.

Sorry to say it but the club is rotten from the top downwards.
oldherd

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:24 am

oldherd wrote:

I saw his job advertised and genuinely thought he was being promoted. I know he was not happy the way they did it.

Sorry to say it but the club is rotten from the top downwards.

+1
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Smudge » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 am

What's the chances the club put a coach on for Dortmund away?

I travelled by coach last season to Gelsenkirchen, although it was a bit of a rough experience it was fairly cheap. Looking at the Marseille travel club options doesn't fill me with much hope.
Gold (Block 126) & Travel Club Member
Smudge

Postby ashford gooner » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Smudge wrote:What's the chances the club put a coach on for Dortmund away?

Well I hope they have already booked a hotel as loads have no availability for that night... We are having to stay in Bochum. So hopefully they will run coaches.

Just hope this goes to reds
ashford gooner

Postby Smudge » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Looks like they are doing coaches for Dortmund.

http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/arsenal-european-travel

Although that link suggests coach places go on sale the same day as match tickets. Tickets go on sale as from tomorrow and that page only has a 'potential itinerary' and doesn't even include the price.

The information from the travel club has been really poor and slow so far this season. I emailed the club today to see if they had confirmed information, all I got was to keep checking the website.

Also how can WBA in the League Cup be £20 and then £23 in the League? Coach isn't travelling any further.
Smudge

Postby oldherd » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Tickets all gone :oldgit:
oldherd

Postby Smudge » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 am

Tickets for United away go on sale today and again the club haven't got the coach details on the website. What's changed to make the Travel Club go tits up this year?

Edit - Just phoned them up, despite tickets going on sale today and Arsenal.com saying coach travel goes on sale the same day as tickets. They've still not got it on their system.
Smudge

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Smudge wrote:Tickets for United away go on sale today and again the club haven't got the coach details on the website. What's changed to make the Travel Club go tits up this year?

Edit - Just phoned them up, despite tickets going on sale today and Arsenal.com saying coach travel goes on sale the same day as tickets. They've still not got it on their system.

Because there is no Dan. Pretty poor.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby oldherd » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:34 am

The travel club is an absolute shambles since Dan was shafted.

Disgraceful behaviour. :headbutt:
oldherd

Postby Smudge » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Smudge wrote:Tickets for United away go on sale today and again the club haven't got the coach details on the website. What's changed to make the Travel Club go tits up this year?

It's really starting to annoy me now. The other day I phoned up to book Southampton and the bloke didn't know which coach stopped at Gateway Services, so I had to call back later.

And now I'm wanting to book the coach for Liverpool, the tickets went on sale last week and still no details on the .com it's become an utter farce this season.

Edit- Just checked my emails and there's something about complimentary coach travel.
Smudge

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Smudge wrote:

It's really starting to annoy me now. The other day I phoned up to book Southampton and the bloke didn't know which coach stopped at Gateway Services, so I had to call back later.

And now I'm wanting to book the coach for Liverpool, the tickets went on sale last week and still no details on the .com it's become an utter farce this season.

Edit- Just checked my emails and there's something about complimentary coach travel.

Absolute shambles! The email is free complimentary travel for anyone who has travelled 4 or more times this season ( with the TC ). It says that there will be 2 coaches: 1 from KF via South Mimms. 2) the other coach will be from Emirates via LG. So I booked by email. I then get a reply saying no coach will be going via South Mimms, but, I do qualify. So I emailed to say out of order. The TC manager emailed a sarkie reply saying I should say where I would like to board, Ems or LG. Both of these are totally out for me. In addition she says that I cannot expect them to pick up " a couple of odd people " from All over!!!! :oldgit: There are, at least 15 people who qualify from coach one, but, as far as she is concerned, we are " a couple of odd people ".

For Villa game, I received an email from the TC headed "Parking at South Mimms on Monday ". At the end of the email, it said " see you Saturday "!!!! The coach left SM at 3:15. People at Newport Pagnell received their email saying they would be picked up at 5 p.m !!!!!! Someone who gets on at NP thought this was clearly wrong, so he phoned the club, and was told 5 was right, That's what it said on the email. As we all knew, we got to NP at 4.Because of the TC cock-up, we had to take our break then, Not good.

I wrote to the TC manager about another matter, about 3 weeks ago, She did telephone me on Monday to say she would write to me. Still, I wait, This would not have happened with Dan.

To say that I am disillusioned, is a gross understatement. If I didn't live so far from London, I would change to rail travel. I am trying to find an alternative means of travel. Diabolical :oldgit:
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 am

Received a lovely letter from the club, thanking away supporters, and, giving those of us who travelled on 8+ trips with the official coach. a free trip next season.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 22, 2014 9:29 am

The Golden Phoenix wrote:Received a lovely letter from the club, thanking away supporters, and, giving those of us who travelled on 8+ trips with the official coach. a free trip next season.

Nice touch
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu May 22, 2014 9:30 am

Rainham Red wrote:
The Golden Phoenix wrote:Received a lovely letter from the club, thanking away supporters, and, giving those of us who travelled on 8+ trips with the official coach. a free trip next season.

Nice touch

Agreed. I've renewed my Red Membership for next season. Should finally get to some games next year.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 22, 2014 9:42 am

Assuming Members can choose which Away game they can have free travel Phoenix should choose the CL Final in Berlin
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Fri May 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Rainham Red wrote:Assuming Members can choose which Away game they can have free travel Phoenix should choose the CL Final in Berlin

Yes we can choose, and, I would love to go to Berlin.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat