For or Against

For
34%
Against
66%

Total votes : 58

Re: Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby NickF » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:13 am

potter wrote:Shenanigans ? No evidence but rumour has it that there is a split on the way forward. The official announcement although leaked beforehand was scheduled for the morning , put back to lunchtime and eventually made mid afternoon. Was that because they were sipping their after dinner brandies ? or could it be because they were persuading members of the board to put up a united front ?: Smoke without fire ? he may have won the battle but the war will continue and a poor set of early results will put the pressure straight back on him and his North American backer.

Do you think either of them really give a sh*t what anyone think?
The fact he is given a new contract despite finish 5th (18 points behind Chelsea, 11 behind Spurs) and yet another champs league humiliation, says all you need to know about the ambition of this club.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 pm

If the noise is loud enough , yes. Already Wenger has said it was disgraceful which means it got to him, it can only get worse if things go wrong and the pressure rises up again.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:05 pm

potter wrote:If the noise is loud enough , yes. Already Wenger has said it was disgraceful which means it got to him, it can only get worse if things go wrong and the pressure rises up again.

Between the supporters with blind unquestioning loyalty to Arsenal who never ask themselves if another manager could do better and the "I have too much respect for Wenger", there will never be enough to make a difference. This is pretty much why he was able to sign a new contract this time, can't see any circumstances that would change this. If people haven't said anything to this point, they ain't likely to anytime soon.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby Allgunsblazin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Mr 70% Kroenke gave Wenger his blessing, Mr 30% no seat on the Board Usmanov gave him his blessing earlier...
With that backing it will be business as usual...
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 pm

potter wrote:If the noise is loud enough , yes. Already Wenger has said it was disgraceful which means it got to him, it can only get worse if things go wrong and the pressure rises up again.

Maybe it did get to Wenger. And maybe it encouraged him to take more risks when looking at recruitment. This could end up being a positive or a negative. Who knows ? Any sane supporter goes into a new season with positivity, especially when signings are being made. Life's too short to listen to some of the hate-filled idiots congesting the internet.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:59 am

NickF wrote:

Between the supporters with blind unquestioning loyalty to Arsenal who never ask themselves if another manager could do better and the "I have too much respect for Wenger", there will never be enough to make a difference. This is pretty much why he was able to sign a new contract this time, can't see any circumstances that would change this. If people haven't said anything to this point, they ain't likely to anytime soon.

I do think that the majority aren't at the polarised ends of the argument. Phrases like 'blind unquestioning loyalty' isn't representative IMO. This year we've heard a massive number of people expressing dissatisfaction but without succumbing to the hatred spewed from a minority. The argument from many was that AW was incapable of change, that he was satisfied with a Cup. This summer is showing something else - sure he still has faults but lack of loyalty or resilience are not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:11 am

NickF wrote:

I do think that the majority aren't at the polarised ends of the argument. Phrases like 'blind unquestioning loyalty' isn't representative IMO. This year we've heard a massive number of people expressing dissatisfaction but without succumbing to the hatred spewed from a minority. The argument from many was that AW was incapable of change, that he was satisfied with a Cup. This summer is showing something else - sure he still has faults but lack of loyalty or resilience are not one of them.

me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:57 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:
NickF wrote:

What do you feel this summer is showing us then?
As far as loyalty and resilience goes, don't make me laugh, 8m per year with no requirement to actually compete. That would buy most people's loyalty.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm a Wenger out, but it's not going to happen anytime now so it's full support as it's a new season and where there's hope there's a chance.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Tenbob wrote:I'm a Wenger out, but it's not going to happen anytime now so it's full support as it's a new season and where there's hope there's a chance.

I think Wengers success should be measured in maintaining the team as well as trophies.

Letting 8 players runs down their contracts to this point is not good management. Letting 3-4 of your top players enter their final year of contract is not far off gross negligence, Sanchez, Ozil & Ox should have had their contracts renewed and extended last summer rather than waiting to last minute.

As far as I'm concerned if Arsenal loose Sanchez & Ozil for peanuts or on a free and can't replace them, Wenger should be charged with gross misconduct and sacked just like any other Executive or senior manager outside of football would be..
ArsenalMill

Postby 8 years of fa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am

More lies from Wenger.
Sanchez injury
Posted at
9:10
More now from Arsene Wenger on the abdominal injury sustained by Alexis Sanchez that will keep him out for the Premier League's opening fixture against Leicester on Friday - and perhaps longer.

"He was injured in training before he came to Wembley (for last weekend's Community Shield) and he had a scan two days ago," Wenger explained. "I don't know if it will be two weeks or one more week but I don't think he will play at Stoke (on 19 August). Sanchez is always loss but we have all the other players prepared and they are ready."
Your team, your failure, your resignation!
8 years of fa
Forum Supporter

Postby 8 years of fa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:23 am

funny the number of " injuries" that occur! when players clearly dont want to be at the club.
Your team, your failure, your resignation!
8 years of fa
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 am

6 years ago today 2-8 at OT , Thierry has broken ranks saying something along the lines of its been the same for 10 years , the board wont drive change , it falls to the support to go in the bowl & let them know .

Postby Tenbob » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 am

Should be sacked and not even be given the decency to resign.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby ROCK GOONER » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 am

595 wrote:6 years ago today 2-8 at OT , Thierry has broken ranks saying something along the lines of its been the same for 10 years , the board wont drive change , it falls to the support to go in the bowl & let them know .
Absolutely, enough of this "we have to support the team" bollocks because it is that mantra, that has us in this position. I am a gooner and have been for 46 years and I will support the club no matter what but I would do anything to get that arrogant senile prick out of our great club. I would do it for my club!!!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Did AW put that team out on purpose knowing it would fail? Maybe the club isn't backing him in the transfer market?

me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby ROCK GOONER » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:Did AW put that team out on purpose knowing it would fail? Maybe the club isn't backing him in the transfer market?

Maybe the club isn't backing him in the transfer market?. Ozil, sanchez, mustafi, perez, xhaka to mention but a few and they did not go cheap. Over 200 million since 2013 and yiu think the board don't help him in the transfer market? Had klopp been in charge of our lot against Liverpool he would have done a dam sight better.

ROCK GOONER

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:50 pm

ROCK GOONER wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:Did AW put that team out on purpose knowing it would fail? Maybe the club isn't backing him in the transfer market?

Maybe the club isn't backing him in the transfer market?. Ozil, sanchez, mustafi, perez, xhaka to mention but a few and they did not go cheap. Over 200 million since 2013 and yiu think the board don't help him in the transfer market? Had klopp been in charge of our lot against Liverpool he would have done a dam sight better.

I think IBO probably meant the Board are not backing AW this transfer window.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:44 am

We were the laughing stock after Sunday's debacle and here we are today the laughing stock of the back pages.

What has changed over the last 5 days? The Board have got a reduction in the wage bill; Wenger- no doubt - will get a bonus for saving money; the players have lost some mates as well as no improvement in their motivation to succeed; and we the fans can look forward to paying over the odds for the quality on offer whilst watching the lost cause on the bench sitting on their hands!

Thank goodness there is no match this week - my nerves are in tatters; my morale is low ; but my loyalty to this Club remains rock solid! Such a disgrace that the loyalty shown by the fans to Arsenal is not matched by the Board, Management and so many 'turn up for the money' players!
gunnerrob

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 pm

The 66/34 % on the poll is probably incorrect. I would think that some who voted in favour of the Deluded One, have moved on. I wonder what the true poll is.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat