66%

Total votes : 58

Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby 595 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 am

With Wenger at the helm there is no hope , football fans need hope

Postby radford149 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm

louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:so the man that spent time on other forums defending Wenger until he was thrown out now professes that he's now fallen out of love with the game and will only cheer the wins.

pathetic

I'd still defend Wenger if it warranted. And it was one other forum. A forum that encourages verbal, and sometimes violent abuse (Albeit some stuff is very funny - This forum lacks humour btw).

Other than raising a few irrelevant points and brandishing me pathetic (for a change), what are you getting at ? So I'm now of the opinion that Wenger should leave. You'll notice I don't resort to abuse to make my recent change of heart any more valid.

Oh, and I love the game of football, but I ain't spending my hard-earned wage and precious time on those within the game. Even the latter Highbury days were a stretch on the wallet, but the balance has gone too far in the wrong direction, hence why my criticisms are less emotional and more rational. Unlike some others.

you're not a fan, you're a customer
radford149

Postby louder » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm

radford149 wrote:
louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:so the man that spent time on other forums defending Wenger until he was thrown out now professes that he's now fallen out of love with the game and will only cheer the wins.

pathetic

I'd still defend Wenger if it warranted. And it was one other forum. A forum that encourages verbal, and sometimes violent abuse (Albeit some stuff is very funny - This forum lacks humour btw).

Other than raising a few irrelevant points and brandishing me pathetic (for a change), what are you getting at ? So I'm now of the opinion that Wenger should leave. You'll notice I don't resort to abuse to make my recent change of heart any more valid.

Oh, and I love the game of football, but I ain't spending my hard-earned wage and precious time on those within the game. Even the latter Highbury days were a stretch on the wallet, but the balance has gone too far in the wrong direction, hence why my criticisms are less emotional and more rational. Unlike some others.

you're not a fan, you're a customer

What sort of a customer doesn't part with a penny ? I'm too smart to be one of their customers, John. I'm a man who loved Arsenal as a kid and young adult, but now I'm wise enough to know what's what.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:36 am

I do agree Louder hitting them in the pockets would be where it would hurt these days at The Arsenal. But we all know that as soon as someone gives up their season ticket there'll be someone who'll jump straight into that seat for next season. So it's pointless in many ways unfortunately.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 pm

ForeverRed wrote:I do agree Louder hitting them in the pockets would be where it would hurt these days at The Arsenal. But we all know that as soon as someone gives up their season ticket there'll be someone who'll jump straight into that seat for next season. So it's pointless in many ways unfortunately.

A Club the size of Arsenal will always react to tough times, so I'm not certain that angry protests are the real catalyst for change. If the current results and league drifting remain for too long then change will inevitably follow, whether the customers sit in silence or scream and shout.

As for the one-in one-out ST argument, standing by a set of principles is satisfying. That's all I can say.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:43 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:I do agree Louder hitting them in the pockets would be where it would hurt these days at The Arsenal. But we all know that as soon as someone gives up their season ticket there'll be someone who'll jump straight into that seat for next season. So it's pointless in many ways unfortunately.

A Club the size of Arsenal will always react to tough times, so I'm not certain that angry protests are the real catalyst for change. If the current results and league drifting remain for too long then change will inevitably follow, whether the customers sit in silence or scream and shout.

As for the one-in one-out ST argument, standing by a set of principles is satisfying. That's all I can say.

BTW, I've just watched the Milan derby. It was an excellent game.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:04 pm

louder wrote:

Well then write a nice polite letter to Arsene asking him very kindly if he wouldn't mind stepping down if it's not too much trouble...

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=3641
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:21 pm

NickF wrote:
louder wrote:

Well then write a nice polite letter to Arsene asking him very kindly if he wouldn't mind stepping down if it's not too much trouble...
http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=3641

A novel idea, Nick. But if a supporter chooses to write a letter to Arsene only to take to his/her seat for the next game then it's a bit of a hollow gesture that, again, lacks conviction.

In a nutshell, if football is as life and death as some people like to make out then make a stand. Otherwise, see it for what it is and take the ups and down that come with following a football team i.e. moan when we lose and cheer when we win. But the banners in the ground and the abusive mentality that's found it's way into the Arsenal faithful is such a shame.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:58 pm

The relief on Wenger's face at the end of the City game was great.

Some say he disrespects the F.A cup.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 am

louder wrote:The relief on Wenger's face at the end of the City game was great.

Hardly. Only George Ramsey has won it as many times as AW and that was over a hundred years ago
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Hopefully he''ll land the FA Cup then do the honourable thing & fall on his sword but I'm of the belief that hes already signed the extension

Postby louder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:17 pm

595 wrote:Hopefully he''ll land the FA Cup then do the honourable thing & fall on his sword but I'm of the belief that hes already signed the extension

I agree with all o' that.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby radford149 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:41 pm

louder wrote:The relief on Wenger's face at the end of the City game was great.

the shocking sides he's put out over the years shows he distain for the great cup and the fans. he now sees the cup as his saviour as in 2014 and 2015. the mans a massive see you next Tuesday. and I hate him for what he has done to our great club, the sooner he fucks off the better.
radford149

Postby 595 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:17 am

The Arsenal Football Club is looking like some 2 bob backstreet outfit over this whole Wenger saga either get it out there that he's signed for another 2 years or sack him , thats how simple it is.

Re: Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby potter » Mon May 01, 2017 11:34 am

Quite right , but to come out with the truth means actually fronting up . The present board have never done this and have hidden behind Wenger all the way. He is holding everyone to ransom for his own designs . Just come out with it and see the reaction . Then the club can set it's course either with him or without.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm

What an awful day this is, but I guess many fans of other clubs go through this season after season.

What remains unforegiveable is the pathetic surrender to Spurs when passion , endeavour and talent seemed totally lacking yesterday. Clearly, this current bunch has zero feeling for how much this rivalry means. I feared an onslaught but saved from total humiliation by Cech.

Over the past dozen or so seasons the mistakes that Wenger has made have been growing year on year. We now have a shambolic defence; a total absence of tactics to win; a midfield (and a pretty expensive one at that) that are either too lazy to get involved or lacking in skill; and an attack that fails to deliver time after time. Of course, there are exceptions and I feel sorry for these players who go onto the pitch not knowing which team they are playing with today!

All this is down to Wenger - no ifs, no buts - every time he states that the team didn't want it as much; we were sloppy in defence; or could not finish are all pathetic reasons that mean he is not doing his job!!

From time to time we get one or two of the squad pipe up in support of Wenger- of course they are - where else can you earn loads of money without any pressure to actually do anything?
gunnerrob

Postby 595 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Tel wrote:I'll start the ball rolling, I'm still against as I have been for around 4 years. The reasons are unchanged, making the same mistakes over and over, poor or nonexistent tactics and continual folding in important games. I'm realistic enough to realise he'll probably offered another contract as he doesn't appear to be answerable to anyone at the club.

Almost four years on & the opening post in this thread is still on point.

Postby Allgunsblazin » Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm

I look at the desperation in Wengers face after a defeat and to be honest it must not do his health any good, he looks so so old for his actual years and he is so gaunt and his eyes show nothing but despair...
In actual fact I believe his real reason for not moving on is the fact he is so hooked into football like a druggie waiting for their next fix...
Call it a day or move aside, make it easy for yourself you have nothing to prove, you are making this club a laughing stock, even the scum are deriding your ability as coach by begging you to stay...
Sometimes you have to take stock and take one for the team, now is the time to go with at least some pride intact, and make the announcement before the FA Cup final, where we can give you a decent send off!...
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed May 03, 2017 8:14 am

Has Gazidis resigned ? According to ANR this morning he has lost the battle for change and it looks like the boardroom and training staff revamp is off.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Allegri. Just look at this Juve team tonight, focused, organised, disciplined, well drilled and every player fits the system. A well oiled machine.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat