Postby potter » Thu May 04, 2017 7:24 am

Kind of obvious really.Sad isn't it.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby louder » Thu May 04, 2017 5:55 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Allegri. Just look at this Juve team tonight, focused, organised, disciplined, well drilled and every player fits the system. A well oiled machine.

They're impressive. They do everything Arsenal don't. Gutting.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Allegri. Just look at this Juve team tonight, focused, organised, disciplined, well drilled and every player fits the system. A well oiled machine.

I have thought about Allegri myself.
But he inherited that defence... he did not create it.

Just like Wenger inherited a great defence when he arrived.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Re: Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby 79Clockender » Wed May 17, 2017 2:16 pm

But Allegri is taking that defence to Italian domination and to CL finals. 2 things Wenger couldn't achieve.
Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent - David Rocastle
79Clockender

Postby German_Gooner » Fri May 19, 2017 12:25 pm

You can read in German papers that Tuchel is not happy at Dortmund,
(sounds like having some serious issues with the board members).

I'm not 100% convinced if he is the right man for Arsenal,
but he is for sure one of the biggest managing talents in Germany,
he knows what the modern game is all about.

What are your thoughts on him?
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri May 19, 2017 1:12 pm

German_Gooner wrote:You can read in German papers that Tuchel is not happy at Dortmund,
(sounds like having some serious issues with the board members).

I'm not 100% convinced if he is the right man for Arsenal,
but he is for sure one of the biggest managing talents in Germany,
he knows what the modern game is all about.

What are your thoughts on him?

It`s very difficult to say whether a Manager who does a great job at one Club can be successful at another. Louis Van Gaal had a fantastic reputation but failed miserably at Man Utd. My preference would be Diago Simone although I think he might frighten the life out of our boys.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Sun May 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Well Wenger the case for you leaving is proved
1. Losing supremacy in North London to Spurs- not narrowly but by 11 points
2. Failing to get a top 4 position
3. Failing to recognise the obvious failings in defence until it was too late.
4. Losing bucket loads of points to bottom half teams.
5. Failing to grasp for many seasons how the modern game was developing.
6. Giving the fans a very poor return for expensive 'experiences'.

Finally, I have had an email from Arsenal to tell me that I have now been promoted to a higher level. More money to pay of course, but - given my position on the list at the end of last season - more a sign that quite a few members in front of me have had enough and walked away!

The Club has a lot of work to do and it is about time the squad was seriously overhauled and big money dished out on good players. Also time the Board stop 'trousering' the money and remembered that the business is Football - fuelled by success and blighted by failure!
gunnerrob

Postby ArsenalMill » Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Let's hope today's result will persuade Kroenke to accept Usmanovs £1.3billion bid

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ArsenalMill

Postby gunnerrob » Mon May 22, 2017 9:11 am

Well, what a surprise! On Sky Sports - Wenger is now blaming us for the poor season. Apparently we were too hostile and affected the players!

We now have Arsene 'teflon' / not my fault Wenger. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious!
gunnerrob

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 pm

gunnerrob wrote:Well, what a surprise! On Sky Sports - Wenger is now blaming us for the poor season. Apparently we were too hostile and affected the players!

We now have Arsene 'teflon' / not my fault Wenger. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious!

I've seen some interviews and I didn't get the impression he was blaming the fans? Do you have a link?
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Tue May 23, 2017 9:33 pm

I think the reference was:

"Overall we played since January in a very difficult environment for different reasons. Some obviously that you know about, and that is very difficult for the group of players to cope with that."

Many would believe that would refer to the period from Bayern to Palace when we were atrocious and were rightfully turned on by the supporters.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 pm

From that transcript looks like there is more going on behind the scenes - there was talk of a fight with Iwobi at the time but I wonder if something else regarding AW future has been promised within a timescale but reneged on? Gazidis is a snake maybe he promised Arsene he'd get him signed very soon and then went missing? Alexis and Ozil especially were talking a lot about AW signing being important to them. Has AW played the players here - did he fall out with them because of that? He did lose the dressing room but all looks well again???? It's a very confusing picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Wed May 31, 2017 1:00 pm

The only thing today's announcement is good for is for us to look forward to continued mediocrity and seeing a Board continuing to pocket loads of cash and only give secondary thoughts to football.

It shows complete lack of ambition. How many seasons have we been fooled by promises of jam tomorrow and ended up fighting for crumbs!

Other clubs will be laughing at us - shooting ourselves in the foot with the old season barely over!

Ugh!!!
gunnerrob

Postby Gunnersaurus » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 pm

The club is finished, the final insult will be Usmanov selling his stock, taking control at Everton and making them a force and push us further down.

This is the day the club gave up.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Dont think anyone is surprised , the right & proper thing would have been for him to announce his retirement after masterminding Saturdays triumph , cant see how he warrants a 2 mill PA pay hike either , more of the same for another two seasons , treated with total contempt by Kroenke & the other lily livered board members , will we be ready in August this year because another poor start will bring the toxin level at the bowl to maximum from early doors , he's an old man & I've seen some stuff on social media from people wishing bad stuff on the man , he should not have put himself in that position again imo.

Postby ROCK GOONER » Wed May 31, 2017 8:07 pm

595 wrote:Dont think anyone is surprised , the right & proper thing would have been for him to announce his retirement after masterminding Saturdays triumph , cant see how he warrants a 2 mill PA pay hike either , more of the same for another two seasons , treated with total contempt by Kroenke & the other lily livered board members , will we be ready in August this year because another poor start will bring the toxin level at the bowl to maximum from early doors , he's an old man & I've seen some stuff on social media from people wishing bad stuff on the man , he should not have put himself in that position again imo.

No sympathy whatsoever if it did happen

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby Gunnersaurus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 am

He's an old man now, don't see how his health could take 2 more years of such hostility, he looks drained as it is.

He needs a strong Summer and fast start, can't be any of this waiting for the last week of the window nonsense, a bad start and it'll be like Villa at home a few years ago.

We've not won an opening game in years, he can't afford for that to happen this year.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am

Two more years of dancing the same old dance to the same old tune , All we can do now is support the players on the pitch and let the board room shenanigans look after themselves . What will be interesting is as Rob indicated season tickets are being abandoned , how many of the people that have been saying don't buy them suddenly cough up as those on the list suddenly find an unexpected grand or so to shell out .

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:04 am

potter wrote:Two more years of dancing the same old dance to the same old tune , All we can do now is support the players on the pitch and let the board room shenanigans look after themselves . What will be interesting is as Rob indicated season tickets are being abandoned , how many of the people that have been saying don't buy them suddenly cough up as those on the list suddenly find an unexpected grand or so to shell out .

What "board room shenanigans"? Wenger decides his own contract and the board are informed of the decision.
It has already been indicated they don't see it as Wenger's last contract.

He is not going anywhere for the forseeable future (unless we crowdfund an assassin. JOKE).

I'm done with this club, they might as well rename it Arsene FC because it is just there to indulge a greedy old man with no life outside football.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:15 am

Shenanigans ? No evidence but rumour has it that there is a split on the way forward. The official announcement although leaked beforehand was scheduled for the morning , put back to lunchtime and eventually made mid afternoon. Was that because they were sipping their after dinner brandies ? or could it be because they were persuading members of the board to put up a united front ?: Smoke without fire ? he may have won the battle but the war will continue and a poor set of early results will put the pressure straight back on him and his North American backer.

potter
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat