Giroud

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: Oli G

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:37 pm

louder wrote:Giroud is a top class player. He fits the role perfectly. All we need is the defenders t get their sh*t together which will allow the midfield to relax and do their thaang and give Giroud the support he needs to, in turn, play the scorer/provider multi-role he can. It's a team game fellas and hopefully Wenger is the man to mould them.

I do like Giroud, he puts in a shift and can score goals. Would be nice if he did it consistently away from home. I wouldn't quite go as far to say he's a top class striker though.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:39 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:Giroud is a top class player. He fits the role perfectly. All we need is the defenders t get their sh*t together which will allow the midfield to relax and do their thaang and give Giroud the support he needs to, in turn, play the scorer/provider multi-role he can. It's a team game fellas and hopefully Wenger is the man to mould them.

I do like Giroud, he puts in a shift and can score goals. Would be nice if he did it consistently away from home. I wouldn't quite go as far to say he's a top class striker though.

I didn't say Striker. To call him such would be underplaying his very demanding role.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Giroud is an integral part of the squad and carries out his duties really well. He's not in the Aguero class but useful in the way we play. I totally agree that it is a team game but the duties of a midfielder works both ways ,it's not just their responsibility to give the forwards the freedom to do their thing , they have to work to assist the defence as well. This season our problems have been in the back four they need the midfield to bale them out as much as the forwards.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Gunnersaurus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:01 am

Eh :shrug:
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:30 pm

potter wrote:Giroud is an integral part of the squad and carries out his duties really well. He's not in the Aguero class but useful in the way we play. I totally agree that it is a team game but the duties of a midfielder works both ways ,it's not just their responsibility to give the forwards the freedom to do their thing , they have to work to assist the defence as well. This season our problems have been in the back four they need the midfield to bale them out as much as the forwards.

As much as I'd say 'help them out' rather than 'bale them out', I agree with you, P.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:36 pm

I think the front three of Giroud,Wellbeck and Sanchez looks really threatening and they all complement each other attributes.
A run of games could see the trio improve even more and get an understanding of each other's game.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Tenbob wrote:I think the front three of Giroud,Wellbeck and Sanchez looks really threatening and they all complement each other attributes.
A run of games could see the trio improve even more and get an understanding of each other's game.

Agreed, looking quite promising.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Gunnersaurus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 pm

I would rather see Welbeck, Giroud and Walcott with Sanchez behind, with 2 proper holding midfielders behind those 4 we could have a stunning second half of the season.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Tenbob » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Gunnersaurus wrote:I would rather see Welbeck, Giroud and Walcott with Sanchez behind, with 2 proper holding midfielders behind those 4 we could have a stunning second half of the season.

Sounds good too.
Just think the work rate of Welbeck and sanchez and their movement pulls the defences all over the place.
This allows Giroud more space and time and less likely to be so tightly marked.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Gunnersaurus wrote:I would rather see Welbeck, Giroud and Walcott with Sanchez behind, with 2 proper holding midfielders behind those 4 we could have a stunning second half of the season.

With Koscielny out for God knows how long we need to bring in a top class CD and then I would agree with you about a stunning 2nd half
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Gunnersaurus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Agreed, said that in the other thread. We need proper centre half (not someone that will do) and one, possibly two holding midfielders and we got a chance.

The CL draw has been kind, I would hate to think that Wenger will sit on his hands and do nothing and hope for the best.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Swede » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 am

What I've really enjoyed about this thread is that without admitting they were wrong, the previous folk slagging Giroud off have toned their language down so much and some have disappeared.

Would be so much better if you behaved like men and either defended your previous view or admitted you were wrong.
Swede

Oli G

Postby NickF » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Swede wrote:What I've really enjoyed about this thread is that without admitting they were wrong, the previous folk slagging Giroud off have toned their language down so much and some have disappeared.

Would be so much better if you behaved like men and either defended your previous view or admitted you were wrong.

Why the need to try and bait people?
You clearly think he's the new Thierry Henry, others don't.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, that's what a forum is for...
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 pm

Great control for Liverpool's goal

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Didnt put a shift in today.

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

I love Giroud he doesn't deserve the stick he gets he works so hard for the team often with very little help, we missed his ability to hold the ball up when he was injured and if he can form a partnership with Alexis I'm sure he'll score a lot more goals.
Northern Gooner

Oli G

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:55 am

He took his goal very well.I hope we aren`t going to call him OliG when we laughed at Liverpool calling Gerrard StevieG
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Scored a good one and gave one away. But we are better with him than without.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:33 pm

????????!!!!!

potter
Forum Supporter

Oli G