Giroud

Discuss all things Arsenal

Oli G

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:34 pm

No excuse for that utterly stupid headbutt,he is an experienced International player.What a cretin!
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Oli G

Postby Red Snapper » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:46 pm

And no doubt we'll be shipping Poldi out just when we might need him for three games. That is the ban for violent conduct I believe?
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Red Snapper wrote:And no doubt we'll be shipping Poldi out just when we might need him for three games. That is the ban for violent conduct I believe?

You believe right
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Allgunsblazin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:06 pm

79Clockender wrote:
Swede wrote:
79Clockender wrote:What? You asked the question and some gave their opinions. You think one thing, others think another.

I think that if you're not prepared to admit you were wrong now, you never will.

Some things are debatable (like Wenger). This one has been proven time and again by goals, assists and performances.

You think he's crap. The vast majority disagree with you. Popular player with Arsenal fans and rightly so.

Actually " majority" for me is false assumption. A lot that I know of think he's ok to have as a second striker, not main striker.
I don't think he's 'crap' but he's highly infuriating, as many missed chances and anonymous away performances have shown.

And he seems to think that head butting is acceptable... :headbutt:
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Gunnersaurus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Yet again, he let's the club down.

World class headbut though.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby louder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:18 am

I didn't think it was a red. Why should a player be punished for diving (i.e. simulation) but not for going down unjustifiably (Also simulation). Absolutely no reason for that nosher to dive on the floor the way he did other than to fool the ref', a weak ref' on the day might I add. One big contradiction ! Simulation is simulation, and that bellend is guilty of simulation. Diving and going down the way he did yesterday are so embarrassing for the game. Just imho of course.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Pickles » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:34 am

I know what youre saying L, Rio gripping someone by the neck is a far more violent action than going nose to nose, Giroud is a big wimp would he ever lay the nut on anyone?

However, I do think it was a red, but Rio's was also. And a yellow for simulation/trying to get someone sent off.
Pickles

Oli G

Postby ForeverRed » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:07 pm

louder wrote:I didn't think it was a red. Why should a player be punished for diving (i.e. simulation) but not for going down unjustifiably (Also simulation). Absolutely no reason for that nosher to dive on the floor the way he did other than to fool the ref', a weak ref' on the day might I add. One big contradiction ! Simulation is simulation, and that bellend is guilty of simulation. Diving and going down the way he did yesterday are so embarrassing for the game. Just imho of course.

He did make a massive meal of it I agree. But Giroud shouldn't have stuck his head in. Idiot (Olivier of course not you L ;) )
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby louder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:56 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:I didn't think it was a red. Why should a player be punished for diving (i.e. simulation) but not for going down unjustifiably (Also simulation). Absolutely no reason for that nosher to dive on the floor the way he did other than to fool the ref', a weak ref' on the day might I add. One big contradiction ! Simulation is simulation, and that bellend is guilty of simulation. Diving and going down the way he did yesterday are so embarrassing for the game. Just imho of course.

He did make a massive meal of it I agree. But Giroud shouldn't have stuck his head in. Idiot (Olivier of course not you L ;) )

I wouldn't call someone an idiot for momentarily losing their temper. A yellow would've been sufficient as there were actually no consequences to Giroud's actions other than the need for the referee to impose his authority. If the pansy hadn't've milked it by going down then Giroud probably wouldn't have walked. This simulation sh*t needs dealing with.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Once the butt was seen he was going off , which is why Onuoha exaggerated it . There is no honour in thieves nowadays . It is something that football needs to get a grip on whilst referees fall for the simulation then players will push to the limits. In the end it always comes down to the ruling body . If they call the original fouls then retaliation is cut down they are so obsessed with possession meaning advantage that they invite a lot of the problem. The PGMO should be forced to publish the referee reports and their influence on the outcome of games needs to be examined. The one thing that came out of MOTD yesterday was the glaring discrepancies in the major decisions that affected the results.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Allgunsblazin » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:21 pm

potter wrote:Once the butt was seen he was going off , which is why Onuoha exaggerated it . There is no honour in thieves nowadays . It is something that football needs to get a grip on whilst referees fall for the simulation then players will push to the limits. In the end it always comes down to the ruling body . If they call the original fouls then retaliation is cut down they are so obsessed with possession meaning advantage that they invite a lot of the problem. The PGMO should be forced to publish the referee reports and their influence on the outcome of games needs to be examined. The one thing that came out of MOTD yesterday was the glaring discrepancies in the major decisions that affected the results.

He could appeal!
Butt the appeal would fail and give him longer in the sin bin...
Violent conduct cannot be diluted, once you throw your head towards someone's head, I'd does not matter whether the contact was slight or no contact was made...
Violent conduct is striking or ATTEMPTING to strike....
Law.... :nodding: :pint:
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:41 pm

potter wrote:Once the butt was seen he was going off , which is why Onuoha exaggerated it . There is no honour in thieves nowadays . It is something that football needs to get a grip on whilst referees fall for the simulation then players will push to the limits. In the end it always comes down to the ruling body . If they call the original fouls then retaliation is cut down they are so obsessed with possession meaning advantage that they invite a lot of the problem. The PGMO should be forced to publish the referee reports and their influence on the outcome of games needs to be examined. The one thing that came out of MOTD yesterday was the glaring discrepancies in the major decisions that affected the results.

Years ago I remember an Italian coach explaining the why Italians exaggerate a foul.
Basically said that a player should let the ref know he's been fouled.
Be it by screaming or clutching their leg as a Ref does not see everything in a game and needs help.
If Onuocha just stood there and not move it possibly would not had been a issue and Girould would have wrongly stayed on the pitch.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Tenbob wrote:

Years ago I remember an Italian coach explaining the why Italians exaggerate a foul.
Be it by screaming or clutching their leg as a Ref does not see everything in a game and needs help.
If Onuocha just stood there and not move it possibly would not had been a issue and Girould would have wrongly stayed on the pitch.

But if the bloke had no need to move then what the heck would Giroud have been sent off for ? Making an angry face ? You've said it yourself, the only reason Giroud went off was because the melt, well, melted. Shame on the game, Tenbob, shame on the game.
louder
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Pickles » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:05 pm

It is staggering the amount of high profile games (title contenders, European places, relegation 6 pointers) that are adversely affected by poor referring.

Of course we have to allow for human error, but the annoying thing about it is officials remain largely unpunished, and there is a needless show of solidarity between ex refs and the media, killing any discourse. We might get an Alan Shearer spending 10 seconds saying "bad decision" on a Saturday night but that's where it stops. Where is the sustained scrutiny that managers and players rightly experience? Take the case of Lee Mason, who doesn't have the skill or character to referee top flight football and has demonstrated this in every match I've seen him take charge of this season, yet he is afforded final ruling on events that cost clubs dearly. Something needs to change in my opinion.
Pickles

Postby Tenbob » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:57 pm

louder wrote:
Tenbob wrote:

But if the bloke had no need to move then what the heck would Giroud have been sent off for ? Making an angry face ? You've said it yourself, the only reason Giroud went off was because the melt, well, melted. Shame on the game, Tenbob, shame on the game.

It's a sad sign of the modern game, If Giroud had thrown himself to the ground when Ferdinand grabbed his neck he would have properly been sent off too.
I just wished the refs would consistantly give pens for shirt holding in the area.
At least we would never give any away with the way we set up.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby louder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:28 pm

I'm not keen on blaming Referees for making mistakes and I'm not keen on letting dick face Onouha (If that's how you spell it) get away with such play-acting. Referees are bound to make mistakes as the players are cheating c*nts these days. The players effect the outcome of games far more than any ref' does, but still the man in black gets the sh*t for doing a job that I and most of us wouldn't want. I'll rarely blame a referee for one of our results and yesterdays officials are little to do with us just holding on against QPR or getting led a merry dance by Liverpool.
louder
Forum Supporter

Oli G

Postby Tenbob » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:32 pm

louder wrote:I'm not keen on blaming Referees for making mistakes and I'm not keen on letting dick face Onouha (If that's how you spell it) get away with such play-acting. Referees are bound to make mistakes as the players are cheating c*nts these days. The players effect the outcome of games far more than any ref' does, but still the man in black gets the sh*t for doing a job that I and most of us wouldn't want. I'll rarely blame a referee for one of our results and yesterdays officials are little to do with us just holding on against QPR or getting led a merry dance by Liverpool.

Agree
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Whether or not we put blame on referees unfortunately they are the only ones that can stop players cheating , whilst they remain complicit players will push the boundaries. All the pundit panels which are mainly made up of ex pros all make excuses for players they look for the slightest touch to confirm the fouls that often incredibly weak.. I am certain that pressure is put on them to keep the game as a t.v. spectacle and if serial foulers and consistent cheats were sent off and teams were reduced it might be a switch off to their audience. So it comes down to the PGMO to be strong and cut it out.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:41 pm

potter wrote:Whether or not we put blame on referees unfortunately they are the only ones that can stop players cheating , whilst they remain complicit players will push the boundaries. All the pundit panels which are mainly made up of ex pros all make excuses for players they look for the slightest touch to confirm the fouls that often incredibly weak.. I am certain that pressure is put on them to keep the game as a t.v. spectacle and if serial foulers and consistent cheats were sent off and teams were reduced it might be a switch off to their audience. So it comes down to the PGMO to be strong and cut it out.

Maybe it does come down to the highlighted but it doesn't come down to individual referees, as you've said as much above. Just to add, as well as the referees going some way to stop cheating, so can the Managers, the supporters, the TV companies, the media, the sponsors aaaannnndddd eeerrrrm THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES ! All guilty as charged. Some more so than others.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:07 pm

However my point is that as the Managers, the supporters, the TV companies, the media, the sponsors and the players will not, only the referees can.

potter
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat