Who should go ? Besides the Manager ;-)

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby louder » Thu May 04, 2017 6:04 pm

In my opinion, no one should be allowed to leave at the end of this season, whether they're thought of as good enough or not. None of this embarrassing lot should be allowed to scuttle out the back door having performed the way they have this season.

Make them take responsibility for the dire effort and lack of ability they've shown. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER is better than they've demonstrated for the past few months and they should sort their acts and come back with a set of bollocks between their legs.

The Manager isn't getting the best out of this bunch and he should hold his hands up for all to see. If he does this then the fans should go easier on everything Arsenal come next season.

It's simple imho, they need to work much fucking harder to get anywhere, despite the 'Talent' they possess.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: Who should go ? Besides the Manager ;-)

Postby Red Snapper » Thu May 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Nothing to disagree with there. If he can't get a tune out of this squad he should let someone else try. Per has been a waste of a salary this season but most need better coaching. Cazorla was a big miss but at his age he can't be the answer for much longer.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Fri May 05, 2017 6:43 am

Easier for me to say who should stay.
Kos,Holding,Monreal,Sanchez,Martinez,Carzola,
Would not bother me if the rest went .

I would personally piggyback both Xhaka and Ozil to where ever that want to go.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby 79Clockender » Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

I've been reluctant to criticise the players too much this season as i still believe this is a talented squad that's massively underachieved.
The issue for me is the manager and coaching methods that are clearly out of date. Under a more modern manager, i strongly believe there's an extra 12-15 points in this squad.
Yes people can blame players all they want and with some justification too, but history clearly dictates that when the right manager comes in, the players perform better or a lot better. Leicester and Chelsea are the instant clubs to name here. I still think we have a more talented bunch that Tottenham too. I think they're overachieving, it's just they have a excellent modern coach.
When players lose faith in the manager, you get declines and results like ours, and you get situations like Leicester, Chelsea and thousands of others down the years.
Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent - David Rocastle
79Clockender

Postby ROCK GOONER » Sun May 07, 2017 6:45 pm

79Clockender wrote:I've been reluctant to criticise the players too much this season as i still believe this is a talented squad that's massively underachieved.
The issue for me is the manager and coaching methods that are clearly out of date. Under a more modern manager, i strongly believe there's an extra 12-15 points in this squad.
Yes people can blame players all they want and with some justification too, but history clearly dictates that when the right manager comes in, the players perform better or a lot better. Leicester and Chelsea are the instant clubs to name here. I still think we have a more talented bunch that Tottenham too. I think they're overachieving, it's just they have a excellent modern coach.
When players lose faith in the manager, you get declines and results like ours, and you get situations like Leicester, Chelsea and thousands of others down the years.

Totally agree

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby Gunner Girl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm

STAN "WIGGY" KROENKE!!!!!!
You are my Arsenal my only Arsenal you make me happy when skies are grey you`ll never know dear how much I love you please don`t take my Arsenal away.
Gunner Girl
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat