****Stoke vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

****Stoke vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 pm

A long tiring journey to the land of the orcs, and, leg-breakers. Things are slightly different since that horrible Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuulis departed with his baseball cap. The size of the pitch does not change at a whim, and, the towels no longer make an appearance, but, some things stay the same. They are still a very " physical ", and well built team, and, they still don't take any prisoners. Their supporters are horrible orcs. Not going to be a walk in the park for us, and, we may be minus a few key players. We may also be suffering from fatigue, but, we have the mental strength to take them on.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Re: ****Stoke vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Postby Tenbob » Sun May 14, 2017 9:25 am

Good performance and stood up to them when they got physical.
Holding getting better and better, Monreal should always be the wing back but Bellerin looks lost in that position.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun May 14, 2017 9:37 am

Tenbob wrote:Good performance and stood up to them when they got physical.
Holding getting better and better, Monreal should always be the wing back but Bellerin looks lost in that position.

Agree with all you say. First half was poor but the second half was fiery and I thought we stood up to the bully boys well. Sanchez pass for Ozil`s goal was brilliant and shows why we should do everything in our power to keep him. My man of the match was Monreal.
Why are people wasting their money on hiring planes to fly over towing a banner it isn`t going to make any difference to what AW decides to do. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a Spitfire to shoot the next one down.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Sun May 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Rainham Red wrote:

Agree with all you say. First half was poor but the second half was fiery and I thought we stood up to the bully boys well. Sanchez pass for Ozil`s goal was brilliant and shows why we should do everything in our power to keep him. My man of the match was Monreal.
Why are people wasting their money on hiring planes to fly over towing a banner it isn`t going to make any difference to what AW decides to do. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a Spitfire to shoot the next one down.

Maybe because they believe forcing Wenger Out is the best for our club. Many people want Wenger Out but refuse to do anything so the way to go is things that don't involve fans having to get off their Arsenals. Everything that has been done with the planes, the lorry, the projections has been crowdfunded by people who want him gone. You think it won't make any difference, if that is the case, why hasn't a contract extension already been announced?
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun May 14, 2017 2:12 pm

NickF wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Maybe because they believe forcing Wenger Out is the best for our club. Many people want Wenger Out but refuse to do anything so the way to go is things that don't involve fans having to get off their Arsenals. Everything that has been done with the planes, the lorry, the projections has been crowdfunded by people who want him gone. You think it won't make any difference, if that is the case, why hasn't a contract extension already been announced?

That I don`t know but I guess we will find out after the Cup Final. Personally I think AW should leave hopefully having won the Cup but doing what the outers are doing are making us a laughing stock.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Sun May 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
NickF wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

That I don`t know but I guess we will find out after the Cup Final. Personally I think AW should leave hopefully having won the Cup but doing what the outers are doing are making us a laughing stock.

Evening RR, hope you are well.

I would say the drubbings we've had over the last few years, especially the 10-2 agg defeat to Bayern, have made us more of a laughing stock than anything the outers have done.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby NickF » Sun May 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
NickF wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Think the team and manager are doing a good enough job of that without "the outers".
Especially when in his press conference he comes out with this gem:

“I think we suffered a lot when we went out of the Champions League under special circumstances. If you look at just the first halves, we would have qualified"
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 15, 2017 1:48 pm

FOYS wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
NickF wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Evening RR, hope you are well.

I would say the drubbings we've had over the last few years, especially the 10-2 agg defeat to Bayern, have made us more of a laughing stock than anything the outers have done.

Hope you are okay FOYS. Can`t disagree with you about some of our performances but the planes and signs especially at away grounds really irritate me. Perhaps it`s my age. Anyway roll on next season when we win the double.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm

NickF wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
NickF wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Think the team and manager are doing a good enough job of that without "the outers".
Especially when in his press conference he comes out with this gem:

“I think we suffered a lot when we went out of the Champions League under special circumstances. If you look at just the first halves, we would have qualified"

Afernoon Nick. See my reply to FOYS.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat