Transfers

Discuss all things Arsenal

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 15, 2017 4:54 pm

It appears that Arsenal are signing a Bosnian/German Left Back called Sead Kolasinac age 23. He plays for Schalke and will be leaving them on a free transfer. I have never heard of him but hope he is a good player. I should imagine if true that Gibbs will go but I`m not sure about Monreal who has been playing well lately.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Wed May 24, 2017 10:06 am

The Chilean FA have released the names of their squad for a forthcoming International and Sanchez is listed as playing for Bayern Munich
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Tenbob » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Rainham Red wrote:It appears that Arsenal are signing a Bosnian/German Left Back called Sead Kolasinac age 23. He plays for Schalke and will be leaving them on a free transfer. I have never heard of him but hope he is a good player. I should imagine if true that Gibbs will go but I`m not sure about Monreal who has been playing well lately.

We need German Gooner view on this fellow Sead Kolasinac.
Will he fit into the new back three or as a wing back and is he any good ?
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby German_Gooner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Tenbob wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:It appears that Arsenal are signing a Bosnian/German Left Back called Sead Kolasinac age 23. He plays for Schalke and will be leaving them on a free transfer. I have never heard of him but hope he is a good player. I should imagine if true that Gibbs will go but I`m not sure about Monreal who has been playing well lately.

We need German Gooner view on this fellow Sead Kolasinac.
Will he fit into the new back three or as a wing back and is he any good ?

Hi Gentlemen,
I would say our first signing is a good one.
He is a tough and agressive defender, good technique, looks dangerous going forward,
so I would assume his role is mor the wing back, but with Arsene you never know :D

Who else will come?
I guess the young super talent from Monaco is only a dream :pigfly:
Let's wait and see
:popcorn
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Re: Transfers

Postby I Believe Overall » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Seen today Arsen says he will play Monreal in back 3 and New guy at wingback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:Seen today Arsen says he will play Monreal in back 3 and New guy at wingback

If AW is going to play a back three and Monreal is one of the three and I assume Koscielny whio will be the 3rd Holding or Gabriel, hopefully Holding?
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:12 pm

I think the most positive thing for me is sticking with the back 3 for now - too often he has reverted to a new shape to try at the beginning of a season to accommodate more midfielders or attackers. Let's get better attackers and keep the solidity we've found. It also releases the need to play a defensive midfielder and allows Xhaka to play his natural ball playing role - hopefully with less last gasp tackles that get him booked.

I'd like to see a couple more positions improved:-

LW - we are playing Alexis there but its not the best for me
CF - need proper backup for Alexis - not just a plan B - I think Welbeck has been poor since he came back.
RW- none of our current crop are world-class wingers. OX has a chance but I'd prefer to see him operate in the middle....thats speed and power left, right and in the middle.

Holding, Kos, Moneal
Bellerin, Xhaka, OX, Kols
RW, Ozil, LW
Alexis
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:I think the most positive thing for me is sticking with the back 3 for now - too often he has reverted to a new shape to try at the beginning of a season to accommodate more midfielders or attackers. Let's get better attackers and keep the solidity we've found. It also releases the need to play a defensive midfielder and allows Xhaka to play his natural ball playing role - hopefully with less last gasp tackles that get him booked.

I'd like to see a couple more positions improved:-

LW - we are playing Alexis there but its not the best for me
CF - need proper backup for Alexis - not just a plan B - I think Welbeck has been poor since he came back.
RW- none of our current crop are world-class wingers. OX has a chance but I'd prefer to see him operate in the middle....thats speed and power left, right and in the middle.

Holding, Kos, Moneal
Bellerin, Xhaka, OX, Kols
RW, Ozil, LW
Alexis

You must be pretty confident not playing a Goalie
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:56 pm

power of a back 3 :)
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 am

Rainham Red wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:Seen today Arsen says he will play Monreal in back 3 and New guy at wingback

If AW is going to play a back three and Monreal is one of the three and I assume Koscielny whio will be the 3rd Holding or Gabriel, hopefully Holding?

Mustafi.
Monreal has excelled on the left side of the 3
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Thynker wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Mustafi.
Monreal has excelled on the left side of the 3

You know I completely forgot about Mustafi. You are right the back three will be Mustafi, Kos and Monreal with Kosasinac as the left wing back but who will be the right wing back Bellerin or the Ox?
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Steve » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 am

Sanchez is off to City by the looks of it.
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:09 am

Steve wrote:Sanchez is off to City by the looks of it.

I hope that`s not true AW stated categorically that Sanchez wouldn`1t be sold to another Premiership club.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby ArsenalMill » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:06 am

I think the club are being too slow off the mark again in showing ambition through their signings. One player do for me has not signalled intent. We need to stengthen the team in all areas and make sure we have a good squad in place.

I am certain a large part of the Sanchez contract issues is him trying to see what Arsenal's intention are going into the next campaign, are they just trying to crack back into Top 4 or are they going out to win the title and making signing that show the intention.....
ArsenalMill

Postby louder » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm

The Ox being sold to Liverpool ?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Gibbs for £15m ?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 am

louder wrote:The Ox being sold to Liverpool ?

They won't sell Ox to liverpool not after he was a huge part of saving AW's backside with his stellar performances all over the pitch toward the end of the season.
ArsenalMill

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:07 am

ArsenalMill wrote:
louder wrote:The Ox being sold to Liverpool ?

They won't sell Ox to liverpool not after he was a huge part of saving AW's backside with his stellar performances all over the pitch toward the end of the season.

True!
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 am

Arsenal and Manchester City are considering a straight swap deal involving 28-year-old Chile forward Alexis Sanchez and Argentina striker Sergio Aguero, 29. (Daily Star)

Best solution for me
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Tenbob wrote:Arsenal and Manchester City are considering a straight swap deal involving 28-year-old Chile forward Alexis Sanchez and Argentina striker Sergio Aguero, 29. (Daily Star)

Best solution for me

Aguero and £50m I would think about it.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Arsenal Chat