Transfers

Discuss all things Arsenal

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:04 am

These pre-season games mean nothing result wise they are purely to aid conditioning, earning a bit of extra money and trying to get more foreign fans to buy shirts.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Transfers

Postby potter » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:16 pm

"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby FOYS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
ArsenalMill wrote:I'm now done with all the Sanchez saga, if he want's to leave why don't we offer him to a Chinese club send him out there and be done with this drama.

Cash in on the £50m +

Or if going to Man City we'll take Ilkay Gundogan + £30m from them

With the later we can go my Lemar and we'll have gained a solid midfielder who can play a holding role.

We can offer him to Chinese clubs, German clubs, French clubs or Italian clubs but if his heart is set on one club in particular there is nothing we can do.

Apart from keep him until his contract runs out.

And run the risk of him leave on a free ? That would go against being a 'self sustaining' club, as they always like to bang on about.

A lot can happen between now and the end of his contract. I wouldn't say the pursuit of self-sustainability depends on how we handle Sanchez though.

Do we think he'll go ?

No one has said the clubs self sustaining project depends on Alexis, just that if he goes on a free it go against what the club has been saying for years.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:55 pm

potter wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/631936/Arsenal-Transfer-News-William-Carvalho-Sporting-Lisbon-Talks-Gossip

comments on a post card please .

Is Cavalho an upgrade on Elneny?
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:09 am

I Believe Overall wrote:
potter wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/631936/Arsenal-Transfer-News-William-Carvalho-Sporting-Lisbon-Talks-Gossip

I dont reckon so , every season Carvalho is linked to Arsenal , no one else just us ,probably all we need to know .

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:46 am

I Believe Overall wrote:

I think Elneny is under estimated by many fans. He covers a lot of ground his passing is accurate and he has a good shot on him or he did have before AW forbid him to shoot unless he was on the goal-line.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:

I think Elneny is under estimated by many fans. He covers a lot of ground his passing is accurate and he has a good shot on him or he did have before AW forbid him to shoot unless he was on the goal-line

.[/ AW forbid him to shoot unless he was on the goal-line.
:D
I think he's average but better than Xhaka ,but that doesn't mean a lot in my book.
two new monster viera/ Petit types in there and we solve a lot of our problems.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:54 pm

The Vice Chairman of Monaco has said today that Lemar will NOT be sold this transfer window.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby 595 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Rainham Red wrote:The Vice Chairman of Monaco has said today that Lemar will NOT be sold this transfer window.

You have to wonder what goes on with our transfer dealings if City , Chels or Utd wanted him he would be in their colours & playing already , still Carvalho is bound to come & Mbappe wasnt he almost done ?

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:36 am

595 wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:The Vice Chairman of Monaco has said today that Lemar will NOT be sold this transfer window.

You have to wonder what goes on with our transfer dealings if City , Chels or Utd wanted him he would be in their colours & playing already , still Carvalho is bound to come & Mbappe wasnt he almost done ?

It all went wrong when David Dein was ousted, AW wanted a player DD got him
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Why You So Mad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:36 am

Its just as worrying that we cant get rid of some of the guff in the team. It says a lot when no1 is willing to pay over a few million for players that were considered 1st team starters not too long ago.

I cant believe some of the quotes that were going around for the ox's price. I would have snapped at £25m! He's done nothing and is rarely a regular starter for the team. Wenger will keep him and leave him on the bench for a season before leaving for free.
Why You So Mad

Postby ArsenalMill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 am

I'm fed up already, I can't get excited by Lacazette when that French buffoon has put the club in a position where we could lose 3 of our best players for nothing in less than 12 months.

This is GROSS NEGLIGENCE by Arsene Wenger and Dick(head) Law. No respectable football club lets their star players get into a position where they are in their final year of the contract.

My prediction, no CL football for 2018/19 and a complete capitulation of Arsenal, Sanchez, Ozil & Ox will go, the will prompt an Exodus from the club with players such as Ramsey, Lacazette, Iwobi, Xhaka, Holding etc handing in Transfer Requests as they seek to join a club where they are challenging for Silverware. Wenger will be obstinant because that is what he does best and blame everyone but himself. And we the fans will be forced to watch our beloved Arsenal become the new Everton as we dream of a European Cup spot.
ArsenalMill

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 am

ArsenalMill wrote:I'm fed up already, I can't get excited by Lacazette when that French buffoon has put the club in a position where we could lose 3 of our best players for nothing in less than 12 months.

This is GROSS NEGLIGENCE by Arsene Wenger and Dick(head) Law. No respectable football club lets their star players get into a position where they are in their final year of the contract.

My prediction, no CL football for 2018/19 and a complete capitulation of Arsenal, Sanchez, Ozil & Ox will go, the will prompt an Exodus from the club with players such as Ramsey, Lacazette, Iwobi, Xhaka, Holding etc handing in Transfer Requests as they seek to join a club where they are challenging for Silverware. Wenger will be obstinant because that is what he does best and blame everyone but himself. And we the fans will be forced to watch our beloved Arsenal become the new Everton as we dream of a European Cup spot.

Calm down mate you`ll do yourself a mischief. I agree about letting players of the calibre of Sanchez, Ozil and the Ox running down their contracts is disgraceful but do we know the full story? Perhaps we did try to tie them down with new contracts but if they refused there isn`t much the Club can do about it.
As for practically the whole squad handing in transfer requests I don`t think so!
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
ArsenalMill wrote:I'm fed up already, I can't get excited by Lacazette when that French buffoon has put the club in a position where we could lose 3 of our best players for nothing in less than 12 months.

Calm down mate you`ll do yourself a mischief. I agree about letting players of the calibre of Sanchez, Ozil and the Ox running down their contracts is disgraceful but do we know the full story? Perhaps we did try to tie them down with new contracts but if they refused there isn`t much the Club can do about it.
As for practically the whole squad handing in transfer requests I don`t think so!

Your probably right but still I see this ending badly for the club if we don't get this whole mess sorted out. #BringBackDein
ArsenalMill

Transfers

Postby Why You So Mad » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:38 pm

The ox has just about been a squad player in his whole time here but in the last 6 months is considered one of our best players, despite playing backup to a 21 year old right back (i assume the long term future isnt left back as he's been awful there). We didnt even want to give him a new contract until the later stages of last and i dont really blame the club for that. Accept a bid and replace with a player that will compete for a place in the starting 11.
Why You So Mad

Transfers

Postby Gunner Girl » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
595 wrote:

It all went wrong when David Dein was ousted, AW wanted a player DD got him

Spot on with this Rainham
You are my Arsenal my only Arsenal you make me happy when skies are grey you`ll never know dear how much I love you please don`t take my Arsenal away.
Gunner Girl
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Gunner Girl » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Does anyone have the same feeling as me that we are done in the transfer window, I hope I`m wrong cause I think we need a couple more.
You are my Arsenal my only Arsenal you make me happy when skies are grey you`ll never know dear how much I love you please don`t take my Arsenal away.
Gunner Girl
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am

Gunner Girl wrote:Does anyone have the same feeling as me that we are done in the transfer window, I hope I`m wrong cause I think we need a couple more.

I fear you may be right GG
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby ArsenalMill » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 am

Right now I'd take Ozil or Sanchez renewing as enough. I've got my silver membership now but I doubt I'll see a game this season

Just can't handle the stress of knowing that year in year we could challenge with 2 or 3 good signings and yet with Le Retarde we never make those signing instead letting our best players run their contract down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ArsenalMill

Postby I Believe Overall » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:16 pm

I see Draxler is being sidelined at PSG. Could we offer Alexis in return? Would be a fair swap IMO. Could we swap Chambers and Walcott for Van Dyke at Southampton?

Cech
VanDyke, Kos, Monreal
Bellerin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Sead
Ozil
Lacazette, Draxler

Power, pace, skill, medals
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat