Transfers

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: Transfers

Postby ArsenalMill » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:I see Draxler is being sidelined at PSG. Could we offer Alexis in return? Would be a fair swap IMO. Could we swap Chambers and Walcott for Van Dyke at Southampton?

Cech
VanDyke, Kos, Monreal
Bellerin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Sead
Ozil
Lacazette, Draxler

Power, pace, skill, medals

I totally agree but sadly le prof doesn't have the intellect to see these things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ArsenalMill

Postby Steve » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Oxlade Chamberlain on his way out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

Postby ArsenalMill » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 am

Steve wrote:Oxlade Chamberlain on his way out

Yeh and watch how well Chelsea use him to destroy us when we meet. AW can't use players properly, that and the arrogance are his biggest weakness.
ArsenalMill

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 am

According to Sky Sports City are going to offer Raheem Sterling in part exchange for Sanchez. Watching Nigel Winterburn being interviewed on Sky he didn`t seem too far away from tears (like me)
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby gunnerrob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:08 am

Rainham Red wrote:According to Sky Sports City are going to offer Raheem Sterling in part exchange for Sanchez. Watching Nigel Winterburn being interviewed on Sky he didn`t seem too far away from tears (like me)

Why does anyone in their right minds want Sterling given the many problems we have.

Our priority is to address the issue that in three games we have had 8 goals scored against us and need some good defence.

Having said that we could buy the best defence in the world only for Wenger to mess it up by his tampering and I know best philosophy.
gunnerrob

Transfers

Postby ArsenalMill » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:43 am

gunnerrob wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:According to Sky Sports City are going to offer Raheem Sterling in part exchange for Sanchez. Watching Nigel Winterburn being interviewed on Sky he didn`t seem too far away from tears (like me)

Why does anyone in their right minds want Sterling given the many problems we have.

Our priority is to address the issue that in three games we have had 8 goals scored against us and need some good defence.

Having said that we could buy the best defence in the world only for Wenger to mess it up by his tampering and I know best philosophy.

Buying defender is fine, but when you loose your entire front line due to an Incompetent manager who has let.

Alexis Sanchez (KEY PLAYER), Mesut Ozil (KEY PLAYER) , Santi Cazorla (KEY BUT OLD), Jack Wilshere (KEY PLAYER IF FIT), Kieran Gibbs, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (KEY PLAYER), Joel Campbell

I'm sorry but having 1 major player is attrocious but to have 3-4 important first team player on their final year is negligence. Lets buy defenders and then moan when we have not midfielders or wingers left to score goals shall we ?
ArsenalMill

Postby gunnerrob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Of course we need players of quality in many parts of the field. Unfortunately Wenger has got this Club in a real mess - the need to prune the existing bunch which nobody wants; players trying to match their personal terms in order to go; and with a core of really good players that want away because success gets further and further away and mid table mediocrity looks to be our likely future. I also firmly believe that man-management has been appalling and Wenger's fixation with 'my way or no way' has cost us many players that could have gone on to great things with this Club.

I pinpoint defence simply because we have had well over a decade + of crap defence due to player quality and abysmal tactics which are failings blindingly obvious to us, the fans, but beyond the Board or Wenger's comprehension.

I know it's obvious but we have to have a defence that sole aim is to keep clean sheets and a midfield that not only feeds the front line (and chips in with goals as well) but willingly runs back to help the defence when needs arise. It's called Teamwork!!!

This we do not do and low morale; with too many average players that think they are better than they are; some quality players that no longer try; and failure to take chances with youth(look at Liverpool, Man U and Everton this season) are all down to Wenger. The height of his animation when things go wrong is to sit on his hands - a response you don't see from Conte, Klopp, Pep and many others.
gunnerrob

Postby CaptainOoermrs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Look I feel Wenger's best days are behind him, but surely contracts of players and their wages need to be sorted out by some one other than him.
I think the Board are happy for this idea that AW runs the club from top to bottom as it means they can hide from responsibility when it all comes crashing down, meanwhile for some egotistical or honourable reason AW is happy to be the shield.
If a player is not doing his job you should blame the player and the manager.
If a manager is not doing his job , surely the Manager and the Board need to take responsibility
If a manager is not doing someone else job - surly it can only be the board we blame!
CaptainOoermrs
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:35 am

I would buy two of Evens,Van Dijk (use Walcott in the deal) ,Sakho ( use ox in the deal )all tough no nonsense experience prem defenders.
Nick calvaho off West Ham .
Take the Sanchez Stirling deal more for the value if it doesn't work out on a resale value.
Cash in on Xhaka,Ramsey and Ozil and give Wilshere another chance.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:14 am

Gibbs has signed for WBA for £7m so good luck to him. He was no Kenny Sansom or Ashley Cole but he always gave his best and never complained (in public anyway)when he was out of the side.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Tenbob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 am

Rainham Red wrote:Gibbs has signed for WBA for £7m so good luck to him. He was no Kenny Sansom or Ashley Cole but he always gave his best and never complained (in public anyway)when he was out of the side.

Liked him but thought he was another one that didn't fulfill his potential .
Interesting to see if pulis improves him.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Transfers

Postby Dangarys Corinthians » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Rainham Red wrote:Gibbs has signed for WBA for £7m so good luck to him. He was no Kenny Sansom or Ashley Cole but he always gave his best and never complained (in public anyway)when he was out of the side.

Could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing, I for one am glad to see the back of him - Happy to sit on the bench or not even in the 18 and collect his salary. He was massively overpaid which was why its taken us so long to move him on as no other club would touch his salary.

In my opinion it's good riddance, we need less of his type at the club. Serial bottler in the big games if he wasn't injured and never showed passion or fight.
Dangarys Corinthians

Transfers

Postby gunnerrob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Dangarys Corinthians wrote:

Could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing, I for one am glad to see the back of him - Happy to sit on the bench or not even in the 18 and collect his salary. He was massively overpaid which was why its taken us so long to move him on as no other club would touch his salary.

In my opinion it's good riddance, we need less of his type at the club. Serial bottler in the big games if he wasn't injured and never showed passion or fight.

At first read I thought this was harsh but on reflection it is a description that fits a good number of the current squad. Happy to take the money; happy to be on the outside looking in; and happy to bear no responsibility. A perfect 'Wenger ' player of the last decade - overpaid, undertrained, averagely talented.
gunnerrob

Transfers

Postby Dangarys Corinthians » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:51 pm

gunnerrob wrote:
Dangarys Corinthians wrote:

At first read I thought this was harsh but on reflection it is a description that fits a good number of the current squad. Happy to take the money; happy to be on the outside looking in; and happy to bear no responsibility. A perfect 'Wenger ' player of the last decade - overpaid, undertrained, averagely talented.

Agreed, it could be harsh but its too true. Theo is the same, he can't get a game, it's a world cup year why is he not making noises to move? Because he's happy on his 120k a week keeping the bench warm.

I saw a tweet - Arsenal the first club in history where a manager has lost the dressing room so the club decide to sell the team rather than ship the manager out. It's so funny but it's so true.

The club is rotten from top to bottom and the longer it goes on the longer it will take for the next man to fix it.
Dangarys Corinthians

Postby Why You So Mad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Might as well sell Alexis. We're not going to win the league with him anyway.

It's just been confirmed that a fee has been agreed with Liverpool for the Ox. I didnt particularly want him to stay anyway but it's the fucking lies that annoy me. Why have the club left it to today until the sell our full team! There's no way we're going to get that many replacements in.

Read on twitter that finances due to missing out on the CL have been an issue with us paying CL wages. You couldn't make it up.
Why You So Mad

Postby gunnerrob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Ox going to Anfield! On his performance last Sunday, I would, if I was a scouser, be scratching my head as to why do we want him?

If he responds to the Klopp style of management - rather than the cushy, cuddly style - it will clearly demonstrate the root cause of our troubles - Wenger!

A few months ago we were told that the Ox would be integral to our future yet now we see what a money grabbing bunch of no marks run this Club with totally no interest in football and success. Worst of all, no regard for this Club or the people who have supported it all their lives. If my Dad and Grandad are looking down now they must be totally bewildered and greatly saddened!
gunnerrob

Transfers

Postby 595 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Early August , in for Mbappe ,Lemar almost done , Carvalho possible , Benzema if Mbappe stalls , August 30th actually theres no fucking warchest , The Arsenal starting to look irretrievably broken.

Transfers

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 am

The £92m offer for Lemar was a cosmetic con just to placate the fans. AW knew that Lemar was playing for France and there would be no time for a medical and discuss personal terms before the 23.00 hours deadline. As it happens Lemar turned us down anyway and who could blame him. I suggest all those going to the Emirates tomorrow week take their tin hats the atmosphere will be toxic and if we don`t win which is a distinct possibility there will be a riot.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Apparently the club are well pleased with the much improved squad after the transfer window has closed.
Even keeping Sanchez didn't mean much to me as he wanted to go.
As RR said Lemar was just cosmetic and we had no real intention of buying anyone as we are nearly out of budget concerning our transfer pot.
One of the richest clubs in the world has no money to buy payers.
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Steve » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:16 am

Looks like Lemar will be joining in January after agreeing £250k a week. Let's hope he's worth it

Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
Steve
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat