****Arsenal vs Everton****PL-Official Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Wed May 17, 2017 7:32 am

Last game of a really awful season, as Arsene Wenger's " I will lead the club to compete with the big clubs " fails dismally, and, his fragile barque drifts ever closer to the Ropey League, and, mid-table obscurity. No worries however, as the money-making machine continues to churn out profits.

So, on to the Everton game. Does anyone care? Will there be even less bodies in the bowl? Will the Arsenal players get back from their beach holidays? To be honest, I am as apathetic as the majority. The only thing that I am certain about is that, if I attend, I will take my kindle with me, so that, I am not totally bored.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Re: ****Arsenal vs Everton****PL-Official Thread

Postby potter » Wed May 17, 2017 7:55 am

I will be going possibly for my last visit . There are many reasons, the manager , the team , the style of play, the corporate atmosphere and probably most of all now the way it impacts on family life. This season 4 only Saturday 3 pm matches as TV screws any hope of forward planning . Sunday matches are particularly difficult family wise and midweek night games the 250 mile return trip to Norfolk at 2.00a.m takes time to recover from and I can't see the Thursday /Sunday regime making things any easier.
Perhaps after 50 plus years of going it's time to give it up , decision time in June I suppose.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Wed May 17, 2017 10:04 am

potter wrote:I will be going possibly for my last visit . There are many reasons, the manager , the team , the style of play, the corporate atmosphere and probably most of all now the way it impacts on family life. This season 4 only Saturday 3 pm matches as TV screws any hope of forward planning . Sunday matches are particularly difficult family wise and midweek night games the 250 mile return trip to Norfolk at 2.00a.m takes time to recover from and I can't see the Thursday /Sunday regime making things any easier.
Perhaps after 50 plus years of going it's time to give it up , decision time in June I suppose.

Alway sad to read things like this.

I have done nearly 30 years and decided that after United at home I wouldn't go again until Wenger goes, basically for exactly the same reasons you have listed above (manager, team, style and corporate atmosphere). United matches used to be one of the seasons highlights but the other week it was like a morgue in there. I have been asked by the protest group to do banners one last time on Sunday but I really don't want to go as I couldn't take seeing our players cavorting round the pitch like we have won the league if we sneak fourth.

Hopefully the club will get that much needed change soon and we can all get back to enjoying our football again.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed May 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Thanks Nick , It's hard , maybe we can find someone that wants two for a season and then see how we get along. Perhaps if we get get in the habit of going we might let them go altogether or maybe we will want them back . Who knows ?

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Brilliant game today! I thought our performance in the first half was terrific but although the second half was one way traffic we defended really well especially as we were down to ten men then lost Sanchez. Ramsey`s goal was a beauty.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Today was very good. A bunch of quality players playing top draw attacking football. They showed they can grind it out as well as continue to keep looking forwards....which makes this season all the more frustrating.

We desperately need a couple of leaders in this pack to prevent a bad day turning into a bad month or two.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Finally the Top 4 finish cycle has been broken, hopefully this might be the kick up the arse that is required to make the changes that are desperately needed.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 am

Agree about the leaders although it was interesting to see Mertesacker coaching Holding when he came on.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 22, 2017 8:00 am

potter wrote:Agree about the leaders although it was interesting to see Mertesacker coaching Holding when he came on.

Holding needs coaching, three times he tried to dribble his way out of defence and three times he was disposed putting us under even more pressure. I like Holding and think he will make a very good player but sometimes the right course is to put the ball into the Stands.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat