****Arsenal vs Chelsea****FA Cup-Final-Official Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Fri May 19, 2017 2:24 pm

The countdown begins. 8 days to go. Who will be victorious? With Antony Taylor as ref, anything can happen. Where will you be watching the game?
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I`ll be watching at Wembley. I have a strong feeling we are going to win this
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: ****Arsenal vs Chelsea****FA Cup-Final-Official Thread

Postby ROCK GOONER » Sun May 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Rainham Red wrote:I`ll be watching at Wembley. I have a strong feeling we are going to win this

I had that feeling until today. No kos, no Gabriel, dodgy alexis

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby ArsenalMill » Sun May 21, 2017 9:58 pm

My sentiments exactly, I'm not sure it was a red but I'm not convinced it's a decision the FA would overturn anyway. I'd say with Chelsea Saturday we should appeal SO we may have kos otherwise with no Paulista, Kos or Sanchez we may as well not turn up at Wembley and avoid being thrashed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ArsenalMill

Postby BF1 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:17 am

I remember the day I got my first ever ticket to a FA Cup final against Sheffield Wednesday and couldn't believe I was going to a FA Cup let alone for the team I support.

So different a feeling to the one I am going to on Saturday where I feel I am just going to see a team win the double.

What on earth was Koscienly thinking?
BF1

Postby BF1 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:18 am

ArsenalMill wrote:My sentiments exactly, I'm not sure it was a red but I'm not convinced it's a decision the FA would overturn anyway. I'd say with Chelsea Saturday we should appeal SO we may have kos otherwise with no Paulista, Kos or Sanchez we may as well not turn up at Wembley and avoid being thrashed

It was as red as I'll ever see. Maybe you didn't get the chance to view a replay but even from the North bank I knew straight away he was going.
BF1

Postby ArsenalMill » Mon May 22, 2017 6:38 am

BF1 wrote:
ArsenalMill wrote:My sentiments exactly, I'm not sure it was a red but I'm not convinced it's a decision the FA would overturn anyway. I'd say with Chelsea Saturday we should appeal SO we may have kos otherwise with no Paulista, Kos or Sanchez we may as well not turn up at Wembley and avoid being thrashed

It was as red as I'll ever see. Maybe you didn't get the chance to view a replay but even from the North bank I knew straight away he was going.

No I didn't I only saw it in passing as I wasn't watching the game fully cause I had family round. If that's the case Kos should get the hair dryer treatment

ArsenalMill

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon May 22, 2017 7:08 am

ROCK GOONER wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:I`ll be watching at Wembley. I have a strong feeling we are going to win this

I had that feeling until today. No kos, no Gabriel, dodgy alexis

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I thought " it's the chavs for the double ", but, I hoped. Now I know it's the chavs for the taking. Kos in headless chicken mode, Gabe, and, Alexis crocked! I'll be going, but, I already have my virtual white flag. Chavs must be celebrating already.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 22, 2017 7:55 am

Stop all this defeatist talk. Chelsea probably are very confident of victory maybe too confident but if our fans get behind our boys and give them non-stop support we can win.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Tue May 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Hopefully it all passes off peacefully from a security perspective and all attendees return home safely.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed May 24, 2017 8:09 am

Thynker wrote:Hopefully it all passes off peacefully from a security perspective and all attendees return home safely.

I should imagine Wembley on Saturday will be the safest place in England
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 am

Not sure that I would fancy the queue to Wembley Park station after the match.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed May 24, 2017 9:23 am

potter wrote:Not sure that I would fancy the queue to Wembley Park station after the match.

I assume you mean a terrorist could detonate a bomb that's true but he could also detonate a bomb in a supermarket when you are doing your shopping or blow up your plane when you are going on holiday. You could lock yourself in your house and never go out but that means the jihadist have won. The people of Manchester have shown two fingers to the jihadist and that`s what the rest of us should do.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed May 24, 2017 4:29 pm

I've got a lot of confidence in this one. Chelsea players checked out mentally a few weeks ago and have their minds on the beach. I think a relatively easy 2-0 win with both goals in 1st half.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Wed May 24, 2017 5:43 pm

I think 3-1 against us sadly : a makeshift defence and our star albeit soon to be ex-player likely to me patched together for one game. If Sanchez has one eye on Bayern he won't risk a longer term injury

ArsenalMill

Postby ArsenalMill » Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am

Screening at Emirates now cancelled, Arsenal will use any excuse to keep the protests away. Every other venue in the country has the attitude of not giving in to terrorism

ArsenalMill

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 25, 2017 9:59 am

ArsenalMill wrote:Screening at Emirates now cancelled, Arsenal will use any excuse to keep the protests away. Every other venue in the country has the attitude of not giving in to terrorism

The Police have enough on their plate than to have to use valuable resources in guarding the Emirates. That is why Chelsea have cancelled their victory parade on Sunday and Arsenal will do the same if they win the Cup
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 pm

ArsenalMill wrote:Screening at Emirates now cancelled, Arsenal will use any excuse to keep the protests away. Every other venue in the country has the attitude of not giving in to terrorism

It has absolutely nothing to do with protests. And it's ridiculous to suggest so imo.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Thu May 25, 2017 3:50 pm

ForeverRed wrote:

It has absolutely nothing to do with protests. And it's ridiculous to suggest so imo.

It's not like Arsenal and specifically the leech don't have enough money to pay for the extra security measures.

Victory parade is fair enough but the screening ? Why don't we cancel the Epsom Derby as well and all the concerts at the O2 while where at it ?

ArsenalMill

Postby NickF » Thu May 25, 2017 10:20 pm

ArsenalMill wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

It's not like Arsenal and specifically the leech don't have enough money to pay for the extra security measures.

Victory parade is fair enough but the screening ? Why don't we cancel the Epsom Derby as well and all the concerts at the O2 while where at it ?

I'd prefer they didn't cancel the concerts at the o2 as I'm there for Iron Maiden on Saturday night!!
Seriously though, I assume you have to have a police presents at the Emirates for football events which is why it was cancelled
NickF
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Arsenal Chat