Wenger Out Still Wenger Out?

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby BF1 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:54 pm

After a fantastic FA Cup win I wondered whether those wanting Wenger to leave feel the same and still want him to go.
I would not be so disappointed if he extends his contract even though I have in the past said that it is time for a change.
I see what has happened at Man Utd after Ferguson retired and 4 years later they are on their 3rd manager and still a shadow of their former selves.
BF1

Re: Wenger Out Still Wenger Out?

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 am

I think I'd like to see a 1 year extension with a clear mandate to buy players that make his process of winning work. A top striker, another clever midfielder, a general in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Tue May 30, 2017 7:12 am

Purely for stability because I don't think that the club have a clue about replacing him , I would see a one year extension as a solution . I would however have the caveat that things structurally will change and that a new man is to bought in to drop seamlessly into the position . All the prevarication has done the club no good . Board room unrest has spilled into the the players and the fans , the club needs to be very careful now about how they play this out because a United situation is on the cards unless they plan carefully and have Wenger's cooperation.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Re: Wenger Out Still Wenger Out?

Postby German_Gooner » Tue May 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Tuchel?
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Tue May 30, 2017 2:20 pm

BF1 wrote:After a fantastic FA Cup win I wondered whether those wanting Wenger to leave feel the same and still want him to go.

Why do people feel the need to ask this?
Most people who want him gone have views based on years of repetitive failure not on what happened in the last game. FA Cup wins (as nice as they are) shouldn't be used to mask this long term failure.

Anyway it's a moot point now as we are stuck with him until he leaves in a box....
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby BF1 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:29 pm

NickF wrote:
BF1 wrote:After a fantastic FA Cup win I wondered whether those wanting Wenger to leave feel the same and still want him to go.

Why do people feel the need to ask this?
Most people who want him gone have views based on years of repetitive failure not on what happened in the last game. FA Cup wins (as nice as they are) shouldn't be used to mask this long term failure.

Anyway it's a moot point now as we are stuck with him until he leaves in a box....

I asked because I was curious to know if viewpoints had changed. Clearly yours haven't so I'll put you down as a YES.
BF1

Return to Arsenal Chat