Wenger Agrees New 2 Year Contract

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby BF1 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Nothing short of what we expected.
BF1

Re: Wenger Agrees New 2 Year Contract

Postby Tenbob » Tue May 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Got to hit next season running or the boo boys will be out early.
Would have liked him to go but will get behind him and the team next season as it still our Club.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Tenbob wrote:Got to hit next season running or the boo boys will be out early.
Would have liked him to go but will get behind him and the team next season as it still our Club.

I agree entirely with Tenbob.

I'm going for a little lie down now.....
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby BF1 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:23 pm

It has to be accepted by all that he is here for two more seasons and everyone must get behind him and the team.
I have not enjoyed seeing our own fans fighting amongst each or seeing banners and protests against the manager.

It is what we have previously seen at other clubs and been thankful that it wasn't ours.

Arsenal Football Club has always been regarded as a club who do things with class and professionalism and despite their recent successes, and I say recent because they forget they existed prior to Abramovich, Chelsea are a horrible, tasteless and classless club who have shown no commitment to their managers and back-room staff who are sacked at the slightest hint of discontent and even without in the case of Di Matteo.
BF1

Postby ROCK GOONER » Tue May 30, 2017 8:50 pm

BF1 wrote:It has to be accepted by all that he is here for two more seasons and everyone must get behind him and the team.
I have not enjoyed seeing our own fans fighting amongst each or seeing banners and protests against the manager.

It is what we have previously seen at other clubs and been thankful that it wasn't ours.

Arsenal Football Club has always been regarded as a club who do things with class and professionalism and despite their recent successes, and I say recent because they forget they existed prior to Abramovich, Chelsea are a horrible, tasteless and classless club who have shown no commitment to their managers and back-room staff who are sacked at the slightest hint of discontent and even without in the case of Di Matteo.

It does not have to be accepted at all and if you did not enjoy the infighting and banners last season then there is worse to come the minute wenger starts flagging BF. Fans are crying out for change and the kroenke decides to give him another 2 years despite all that has happend this season. You see this is the problem, give him 2 more years cos they know "everyone must get behind him" as you say and once again we are taken for mugs. I don't have a season ticket but I would full understand the grief that will come his way if we start failing again where we have been failing for years. In fact, he won't need to wait for the season to start, cos if he don't sign anybody of note before the start of the season there will be trouble even before the KO

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby NickF » Tue May 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Tenbob wrote:Got to hit next season running or the boo boys will be out early.

No it isn't our club, It's Wengers club to do with as he pleases. He can do whatever he likes with no recrimination whatsoever.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby 79Clockender » Wed May 31, 2017 9:50 am

Disappointing but inevitable. The Cup win had no bearing on this either i believe, unlike the Hull win. My hunch is that Kroenke was pleading with him due to no plan in place and Wenger wanting to prove a point.
Just hope (in vain) that Kroenke made it very clear that this season gone overall was unacceptable.
Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent - David Rocastle
79Clockender

Return to Arsenal Chat