Kroenke :- Big game hunter.

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby potter » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Seems that he is launching a Tv programme dedicated to hunting and killing endangered species . I have no problem with hunting for food ,but trophy killing is in my eyes wrong and shows a callous disregard for any other creatures . Once the animal liberation groups get to grips with this , by association , The Arsenal will get dragged into it and yet another stick to beat us with will be found.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 am

[quote="potter"]Seems that he is launching a Tv programme dedicated to hunting and killing endangered species . I have no problem with hunting for food ,but trophy killing is in my eyes wrong and shows a callous disregard for any other creatures . Once the animal liberation groups get to grips with this , by association , The Arsenal will get dragged into it and yet another stick to beat us with will be found.[/quote

I agree with you potter people who kill wild animals for fun sicken me.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Kroenke :- Big game hunter.

Postby G's Gooners » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am

The Press have been quick to associate The Arsenal with this and they will now be dragging us through mud. The vast majority of people in this country will have no interest in this channel so not sure why he would want to air it here in any case.
G's Gooners

Postby 595 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm

lets be crystal on this the only trophies this bewigged fool should be hunting are the CL & PL the saddest thing is our support has become so gentrified that I doubt there will be a murmur of dissent.

Postby louder » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:21 pm

The majority of football fans don't have the intelligence or self-awareness to let an issue like this effect their purchasing of a ticket. The Press do more to shape the game than the fans ever will. How depressing.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 am

louder wrote:The majority of football fans don't have the intelligence or self-awareness to let an issue like this effect their purchasing of a ticket. The Press do more to shape the game than the fans ever will. How depressing.

The majority of fans have already purchased their ST`s you can hardly expect them (including me) to write off hundreds or thousands of pounds.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 am

595 wrote:lets be crystal on this the only trophies this bewigged fool should be hunting are the CL & PL the saddest thing is our support has become so gentrified that I doubt there will be a murmur of dissent.

There was plenty of dissent over AW so I don`t see why there won`t be over Kroenke
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 am

I despise hunting - but in the US its a large part of their culture and has been for years - this isn't news. Kronke's company own a share in a TV channel that occasionally shows ''''ethical hunting'''. These are hunts that are setup by the game parks as a funding exercise because they can't afford to run the parks and beat off the poachers without it. I think we should probably take a look at ourselves as well when we are unable to create a society that can't prevent itself from murdering animals just to make money.

Feel free to donate to the World Wildlife Fund if you really feel its an important thing to support so that the hunting element have any legitimacy taken away from them.

Or feel free to show massive outrage on social media - one of them will help, the other probably won't.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 am

Won't have an impact but it's worth making sure the message is delivered to the club
https://www.change.org/p/arsenal-footba ... tball-club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ArsenalMill

Postby louder » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:The majority of football fans don't have the intelligence or self-awareness to let an issue like this effect their purchasing of a ticket. The Press do more to shape the game than the fans ever will. How depressing.

The majority of fans have already purchased their ST`s you can hardly expect them (including me) to write off hundreds or thousands of pounds.

There's not a single fan in that stadium who would need to forfeit hundreds if thousands of pounds. Most would lose about a grand. A small fee considering there are morals to be stood by here. No doubt that, yet again, this section of the human race will be found wanting when it comes to making even the most meaningless of sacrifices. More noise from a vacuous bunch this season. Everything associated with modern football is tasteless. Zero exceptions.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 pm

ArsenalMill wrote:Won't have an impact but it's worth making sure the message is delivered to the club

The modern conscience clearer. Sign a petition that doesn't even require one to leave the sofa, then claim to have made a difference.

Impact ? Lol
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:41 pm

louder wrote:
ArsenalMill wrote:Won't have an impact but it's worth making sure the message is delivered to the club

The modern conscience clearer. Sign a petition that doesn't even require one to leave the sofa, then claim to have made a difference.

Impact ? Lol

I gave up my season ticket 2 years ago when all this nonsense over Kroenke & ambition began so don't even question whether or not I've taken a stand.

Waving a banner in the air doesn't achieve anything it is far better to make your voice heard via decent and official means rather than make be part of a minority that just make themselves look like idiots.

Unless you actually have an intelligent solution to get the objection heard then kindly get back in your box
ArsenalMill

Postby FOYS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 am

Well all the bad press has made wiggy pull the programme from his channel the Outdoor Sportsman Group.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby NickF » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:31 pm

FOYS wrote:Well all the bad press has made wiggy pull the programme from his channel the Outdoor Sportsman Group.

All that means is that they are no longer showing it. Doesn't mean they aren't still trophy hunting....
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:10 pm

ArsenalMill wrote:
louder wrote:

Impact ? Lol

I gave up my season ticket 2 years ago when all this nonsense over Kroenke & ambition began so don't even question whether or not I've taken a stand.
Waving a banner in the air doesn't achieve anything it is far better to make your voice heard via decent and official means rather than make be part of a minority that just make themselves look like idiots.
Unless you actually have an intelligent solution to get the objection heard then kindly get back in your box

How can I have questioned you directly without having known your situation ? Well done you for showing some moral fibre. I would like to just say that while dissent is one way of taking action, the verbal bunch are usually the minority and have still bought a ticket and taken to their seat. A real lame way of making a stand imho.

Intelligent solution ? If you don't like something then don't support it. It's as straight forward as that, buddy.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:13 pm

NickF wrote:
FOYS wrote:Well all the bad press has made wiggy pull the programme from his channel the Outdoor Sportsman Group.

All that means is that they are no longer showing it. Doesn't mean they aren't still trophy hunting....

This debate is completely irrelevant to all things Arsenal. No supporter was ever going to walk away were this channel to continue with it's programme, so there's not a cat in hell's chance that anything will be done because some people trophy hunt.

There are actually people in the world who do make a positive contribution to the planet's problem though !
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:45 am

louder wrote:
NickF wrote:

This debate is completely irrelevant to all things Arsenal. No supporter was ever going to walk away were this channel to continue with it's programme, so there's not a cat in hell's chance that anything will be done because some people trophy hunt.

There are actually people in the world who do make a positive contribution to the planet's problem though !

You could always do what I did which was save my ST money and go visit the big animal sanctuaries and parks across Africa where they actively target poachers and hunters.

I visited 2 in SA and then the Serengeti. I'm sure they found the money very useful

ArsenalMill

Postby ArsenalMill » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 am

louder wrote:
NickF wrote:

You could always do what I did which was save my ST money and go visit the big animal sanctuaries and parks across Africa where they actively target poachers and hunters.

I visited 2 in SA and then the Serengeti. I'm sure they found the money very useful

ArsenalMill

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:40 am

It appears that the Kronk has pulled three episodes only leaving the rest in
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat