****Stoke vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Why You So Mad » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 am

Every other manager in the league is trying to convince the owners to buy some more players and ours is only focussing on letting some of ours go.

Our players arent good enough to win the league. Its pretty simple.
Why You So Mad

Re: ****Stoke vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Postby gunnerrob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 am

Hopes for a good season have been dashed!

Fans have been mugged again by Wenger continuing in post!

He cannot even do a back three without messing about with it - no doubt he is sat at home working out how he can re-phrase his excuses without sounding too familiar to us!

I saw my membership status raised this season but I am not fooled that it is on merit - it is the result of leavers. After 60 odd years leaving might be too difficult for me to do, but I have resigned myself to the fact that this great Club will never reach those heady heights again in my lifetime.

Such a shame that a bunch of money grabbing individuals have so little care for Arsenal - ably assisted by their puppet on the bench.
gunnerrob

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:38 am

Tenbob wrote:Usual bollocks
What dumbfounded me the most was overrated Bellerin at LEFT wing back.
BFG on the bench ?
BFG should have been in the middle,Monreal back to the left and Kolasinac at left wing back.
Xhaka is just not very good and Ozil only stays because no one wants him.
Welbeck for al his efforts is imo a poor player with no ball control at all.
Lacazette must wonder where the service is and taking him off was just a piss take when we needed a goal.
Would snap Milans hand off if they really do want Mustafi.
Oh well Footballs back !!

Agree.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Dangarys Corinthians » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Dangarys Corinthians wrote:Bring the big boys back. Per, Mustafi, Welbeck and Giroud should all be starting.. Would even go as far to start Le Coq too. Wouldn't let Ozil get anywhere near the starting line up for this one.

Cech
Mustafi Per Holding
Bellerin Xhaka Coquelin Kolasinac
Welbeck Giroud Lacazette

Called it before the game, Monreal shocking in the centre, Ramsey shirking his defensive duties and Ozil prancing around like a fairy again. Oh so predictable.
Dangarys Corinthians

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:28 pm

If you were an optimist you could say that we are only three points off the top of the league. Chelsea and Spurs who everyone thinks are the dogs ........ are on the same number of points as us. Against Liverpool we should have Koscielny and Sanchez back so I am fairly confident of a positive result.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Took in Bristol City -Millwall on my way to visit son in Exeter , awful standard of football tbh but ever player on the park gave everything & both sets of supporters got behind their team , usually make the trip to Anfield but really can be arsed at present due to Wenger & the Septics regime , we'll get rolled there again imo.

Postby Thynker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:57 pm

gunnerrob wrote:Hopes for a good season have been dashed!

Fans have been mugged again by Wenger continuing in post!

He cannot even do a back three without messing about with it - no doubt he is sat at home working out how he can re-phrase his excuses without sounding too familiar to us!

I saw my membership status raised this season but I am not fooled that it is on merit - it is the result of leavers. After 60 odd years leaving might be too difficult for me to do, but I have resigned myself to the fact that this great Club will never reach those heady heights again in my lifetime.

Such a shame that a bunch of money grabbing individuals have so little care for Arsenal - ably assisted by their puppet on the bench.

Red to silver?
How long were you waiting?
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Rainham Red wrote:If you were an optimist you could say that we are only three points off the top of the league. Chelsea and Spurs who everyone thinks are the dogs ........ are on the same number of points as us. Against Liverpool we should have Koscielny and Sanchez back so I am fairly confident of a positive result.

They can't defend either.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 am

Thynker wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:If you were an optimist you could say that we are only three points off the top of the league. Chelsea and Spurs who everyone thinks are the dogs ........ are on the same number of points as us. Against Liverpool we should have Koscielny and Sanchez back so I am fairly confident of a positive result.

They can't defend either.

Should be a high scoring game

Watching Spurs v Chelsea yesterday it was like a re-run of our game at Stoke, Spurs had all the possession yet Chelsea scored the goals. Good game to watch though.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Gunnersaurus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Depressing isn't it, can't be many who didn't expect this coming when he signed on again.

The way he set up that defence was mindblowing, two left backs in the back three, a right back at left wing back and three centre backs twiddling their thumbs on the bench or in the stands, he's petrified of dropping the Ox because he's scared of him leaving but is prepared to unbalance the side to please him.

Was never a fan of Monreal as A CB before and even less so now, just because he has legs and can run don't mean anyone can play anywhere, he says Bellerin can play at LB but how many games has he ever played there to start a top level PL game, even more bizarre is because he has three left backs all available.

I've written the next two years off, it's easier then getting angry about it, the club have up when they renewed his contract again.

Stoke were not even that good, there was just no organisation or discipline on our part, Ramsey looked good on the TV but his rampaging Hollywood runs left the midfield exposed when Xhaka gave the ball away again which led to the goal, manager has the front to say that he's not convinced by the defence after, don't pick it like that then.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat