****Watford vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 am

Cannot wait for Saturday, to get back to proper football. How many injuries will we have sustained during the interlull? Who will we have in defence?

All things being equal, and, despite the Deluded One, I predict a close fought battle with an Arsenal victory.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:27 am

The Golden Phoenix wrote:Cannot wait for Saturday, to get back to proper football. How many injuries will we have sustained during the interlull? Who will we have in defence?

All things being equal, and, despite the Deluded One, I predict a close fought battle with an Arsenal victory.

Mustafi was injured for Germany and his Manager thinks it`s a bad one, however I think we will still come away with a victory
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: ****Watford vs Arsenal****PL-Official Thread

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 am

That is why Claudio wound me up by saying that Elneny would be playing at CB on Saturday. I have been too buying dying from diverticulitis to take much interest in the world around me. I only posted this, because, I didn't want you to get withdrawal symptoms.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:32 pm

TGP there is proper football tonight! A huge game down in Cardiff! ;)
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:45 pm

ForeverRed wrote:TGP there is proper football tonight! A huge game down in Cardiff! ;)

" Proper football" in Cardiff!!! You're having a laugh.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 pm

The Golden Phoenix wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:TGP there is proper football tonight! A huge game down in Cardiff! ;)

Bit harsh.

Well done Ireland and good luck in the play-offs.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:51 am

ForeverRed wrote:

Bit harsh.

Bad luck FR. Unfortunately it was a defeat by a team which included that slimy piece of shit called James McClean. What made it worse he scored the winning goal.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 am

Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

Bit harsh.

Bad luck FR. Unfortunately it was a defeat by a team which included that slimy piece of shit called James McClean. What made it worse he scored the winning goal.

I had a horrible feeling he'd score the winner RR :lol:
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Why You So Mad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Exactly what we deserved. They have hammered us! I don't really see the point in Elneny to be honest. He offers absolutely nothing
Why You So Mad

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm

We got no more than we deserved Watford dominated us the second half and it was just a question of time before they scored.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:19 am

I know he wants to keep Giroud happy but taking Lacazette off every match in a straight swop must undermine both of their confidences. One not good enough to start and the other not good for more than an hour. Why can't he be radical and play both together.
Looks like Sanchez is off and Ozil may be too , if Sanchez goes we need a different plan which I know is not Wenger's best suit but we have to think ahead . Jack has to get time on the pitch and sitting him down to put Holding on will have shattered him too. Looks like Koscielny is going to be an ongoing problem , so the sale of Gabriel makes even less sense than it did at the time. Wonderful thing hindsight, it's just as important as forethought whatever or wherever that may be
The midfield is a problem , Jack would add spark going forward but who do we have to protect the back three ?
I agree at half time when the game started changing by swapping our forwards from a mobile handful to a static filck on with no-one to run on to them , we just fell back invited them on to us , allowed them to bring on bigger more powerful forwards that bullied us and with a handful of luck from a refereeing mistake , Watford did what we all knew in our hearts and could see what would happen .
We are are midtable team scrapping for the Europa league now, the ship with the top table has long ago sailed.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:06 pm

potter wrote:I know he wants to keep Giroud happy but taking Lacazette off every match in a straight swop must undermine both of their confidences. One not good enough to start and the other not good for more than an hour. Why can't he be radical and play both together.
Looks like Sanchez is off and Ozil may be too , if Sanchez goes we need a different plan which I know is not Wenger's best suit but we have to think ahead . Jack has to get time on the pitch and sitting him down to put Holding on will have shattered him too. Looks like Koscielny is going to be an ongoing problem , so the sale of Gabriel makes even less sense than it did at the time. Wonderful thing hindsight, it's just as important as forethought whatever or wherever that may be
The midfield is a problem , Jack would add spark going forward but who do we have to protect the back three ?
I agree at half time when the game started changing by swapping our forwards from a mobile handful to a static filck on with no-one to run on to them , we just fell back invited them on to us , allowed them to bring on bigger more powerful forwards that bullied us and with a handful of luck from a refereeing mistake , Watford did what we all knew in our hearts and could see what would happen .
We are are midtable team scrapping for the Europa league now, the ship with the top table has long ago sailed.

Good analysis potter. I also can`t understand why AW always takes Lacazette off for Giroud with twenty minutes to go, I assume he is trying to keep both happy but it will end with both being unhappy.
Something about Gabriel going and Mustafi also on the point of going but then not going smells I wonder if the two fell out? I understand AW putting Holding on in place of Jack because of the Koscielny injury.

I would certainly play Jack on Thursday and if he does well and doesn`t get injured I would play him against Everton in place of Ozil who,hopefully, will be leaving in January. As for Sanchez if he wasn`t in the team because his head wasn`t right due to Chile being knocked out of the World Cup I would also sell him in January. Everyone in life has bad times but you pick yourself up and get on with it and most of us don`t have the pampered life of a professional footballer earning over a £100k a week.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree with Harry, and, RR, but, I would say that we have to let both Sanchez, and, Ozil go in January. Neither wants to play for us, so, let them go. In addition, I ask what does Iwobi give to the team? He hardly score, gives the ball away constantly, does not do much in defence, so what use is he? Yesterday, I could sense the result right from the beginning. They were up for it. We were going through the motions. I predict that both Everton, and, Citeh will beat us.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm

The Golden Phoenix wrote:I agree with Harry, and, RR, but, I would say that we have to let both Sanchez, and, Ozil go in January. Neither wants to play for us, so, let them go. In addition, I ask what does Iwobi give to the team? He hardly score, gives the ball away constantly, does not do much in defence, so what use is he? Yesterday, I could sense the result right from the beginning. They were up for it. We were going through the motions. I predict that both Everton, and, Citeh will beat us.

Agree
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat