****Burnley vs Arsenal****Premier League-Official Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:21 am

I won't say much about this match, until, I have seen who plays tomorrow. Burnley are not doing too badly, so, this promises to be quite a challenging game.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Re: ****Burnley vs Arsenal****Premier League-Official Thread

Postby potter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 am

This has got standard Arsenal banana skin written all over it. Beat Spurs,and then foul up.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

Burnley are only behind us on goal difference it will be a very difficult game but if we play like we did against Spurs we should come away with a win. However, as potter says it`s a possible banana skin
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby German_Gooner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 pm

I think we will win that match, it will be close, but I assume Wenger will rotate the entire team tomorrow, so our big guns should be sharp on Sunday.
:afcbanner: :afcbanner: :afcbanner:
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:40 pm

German_Gooner wrote:I think we will win that match, it will be close, but I assume Wenger will rotate the entire team tomorrow, so our big guns should be sharp on Sunday.
:afcbanner: :afcbanner: :afcbanner:

Sharp, or, half asleep?
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:49 am

Time for people to stand up now. If we are to believe the reports from Catalunya that Ozil is signed sealed and delivered to Barca then it's time to bring Wilshere back and see if he can really cut it now. I think it's interesting that the attitude of the established support ( pre Wenger ) has changed whereas there are those that still believe that we should roll over teams , the pre Wengerites are beginning to look at the kids coming through and looking there for solace.
The Bate game is a dead rubber so we need to know if Eddie can do it for an hour not 5 minutes to save the world again. Whether Dragomir can play for the other 30 . Have we anything happening that enables us to ship out the average midfielders we have :- Coquelin , Elneny , both back up players but unlikely to be match changers. What do we have to replace Debuchy , ? We know that Mertesacker is finished next year will Chambers and Holding be able to step up as centre backs not fill in fullbacks ?
Then we have Walcott and Giroud and Sanchez all question marks for next year , will Akpom break through or is he another Alladiere a shirt filler that's always around ?
This is where my mind is going and I am sure probably are many of yours too. I want to see the Bate game used to develop players to get a picture of their abilities.
All this of course ignores the elephant in the room , The manager himself.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat