Arsenal v Man City caribou cup official next match thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Gunnersaurus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:47 am

The worst part about yesterday was the complete denial from Wenger, thinks we were unlucky and hard done by, this mentality runs through the club and if those above have the same views, he'll be manager until he dies.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 am

Schizoid Mark wrote:I have done my time over the years supporting crap teams and lost causes! I was there at the end of the Don Howe era, we had attendances of less than 20,000 at Highbury, at least the Don had a very poor squad 'trying'! This lot look like they couldn't give a shit! (I am letting off Jack, Ramsey, Aubameyang and possibly Kolasinac). Pathetic and embarrassing performance. I would have them all out. Not even a sense of apology or realisation of how bad they were? No apology to the fans? No sense of shame or taking responsibility? Unbelievable.

Spot on!

Sadly, not much in the Press today that will hurt Wenger or that bunch of money grabbing board members. However, the sports websites say it as it is and we should get a photo of that little lad inconsolable at the match yesterday and hang all over the Emirates!

Raw emotion that many of us stifled but certainly felt much the same way. For him he has never known good times and I hope change comes before he gives up on this bunch of money grabbing, dispassionate losers
gunnerrob

Re: Arsenal v Man City caribou cup official next match thread

Postby louder » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm

I'm not sure why some people are making a fuss of this kid crying. Kids cry when their team lose, simple as that. I did the same when we lost to Luton in the final. No harm done.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Agree with louder it's the law for the camera to find a kid crying when their teams losing in a final .
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 pm

gunnerrob wrote:we should get a photo of that little lad inconsolable at the match yesterday and hang all over the Emirates!

For him he has never known good times

Seriously? He was probably at the FA cup last year. The kid is learning a valuable lesson about football in that the hurt of losing a final makes winning one so much better.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:30 am

Some very interesting ‘spin’ on the lad crying but if it was anything like me it wasn’t the losing but more the performance and attitude of the team. Every match will have a loser but very few of them would dream of putting in a display like Arsenal did! We saw him crying but there could have been very few of our fans who didn’t feel the same way!

We have all suffered - and recovered from - embarrassing performances (Peterborough was my earliest memory in 1965) but never has post analysis centred on the type of performance shown on Sunday.

Yet, what we are getting is Wenger in denial - “it was my fault, they blah blah..’ or Wilshire spouting on about poor refereeing decisions. First goal typically an Arsenal farce and no foul and the second Sane was not interfering. Again, as I stress so often, instead of finding excuses and looking for blame - look in the mirror. Who’s to blame is right in front of you!
gunnerrob

Postby potter » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:31 am

One part of life that sport teaches you is how to lose and accept that it happens. He will be stronger for it in the long run and will appreciate the good times should they ever return after the damage of the past few years..
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat