Usmanov and Everton

Discuss all things Arsenal

Usmanov and Everton

Postby Hobart » Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Seems that the Dutch press are suggesting that Usmanov is going to sell up his Arsenal shares and join Moshiri at Everton.

Its come out on the back of Everton appointing Marcel Brands as Director of Football today.

All I can say is that I quite like Usmanov holdig the 30% at Arsenal as it keeps the finances public. I also worry what will happen if Usmanovs wallet appears at another club as it will push us further down the pecking order.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Usmanov and Everton

Postby potter » Thu May 17, 2018 3:41 pm

This has been on the cards for some time. As long as Kroenke ignores him the more likely it is. If the whole lot were to fall into one ownership it would be a sad day for the club. Apparently there is an African magnate that has tried to buy in perhaps he will buy them and keep Kroenke out.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Usmanov and Everton

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 17, 2018 4:42 pm

potter wrote:This has been on the cards for some time. As long as Kroenke ignores him the more likely it is. If the whole lot were to fall into one ownership it would be a sad day for the club. Apparently there is an African magnate that has tried to buy in perhaps he will buy them and keep Kroenke out.


Usmanov has just over 30% while the Kronk has 67%. Even if the African bought Usmanov`s shares he wouldn`t even get a seat on the Board.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Usmanov and Everton

Postby potter » Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm

But he would stop Kroenke having total control and removing us from the markets where he is obliged to publicise accounts and the like.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Usmanov and Everton

Postby Rainham Red » Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 am

potter wrote:But he would stop Kroenke having total control and removing us from the markets where he is obliged to publicise accounts and the like.


Kronk has total control that is the reason Usmanov may move to Everton. I do not quite understand about "removing us from markets where he is obliged to publicise accounts" ?
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Usmanov and Everton

Postby Hobart » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

If Kroenke buys Usmanovs stake he could compulsory purchase all other shares as well. Once he has them all he can de list the club from the stock market. Once we are off the market the level of detail required when publishing accounts and suchlike decreases massively.

For example we wouldn’t see any payments he could make to himself or other companies. He could take loans out on the club and we’d never know, etc etc. In effect one sole owner is not good for public oversight.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Usmanov and Everton

Postby Rainham Red » Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 am

Hobart wrote:If Kroenke buys Usmanovs stake he could compulsory purchase all other shares as well. Once he has them all he can de list the club from the stock market. Once we are off the market the level of detail required when publishing accounts and suchlike decreases massively.

For example we wouldn’t see any payments he could make to himself or other companies. He could take loans out on the club and we’d never know, etc etc. In effect one sole owner is not good for public oversight.


Thanks for the clarification Hobart. I thought potter was referring to the African chap buying the shares. I agree it would be a disaster if 100% of the shares were held by Kronk.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT



Return to Arsenal Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


cron