That new home jersey is...

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Thynker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:56 pm

..fucking awful.

I just saw it in all its glory on the new guy.

Just so, so bad.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:50 am

I couldn`t care less about our new colours. The main thing is to have a good season, win something and qualify for the Champions League.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: That new home jersey is...

Postby louder » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:19 am

I just read somewhere how an Arsenal supporter has just bought his son the Home AND away kit because he 'collects' them. Wow ! I remember when kids collected star wars figures, stamps, yoyos etc and a football kit was a main Christmas present that you slept in for a week. How things have changed. With spoilt kids like this running around is it any wonder the club's a raking it in.

Bring back the good ol' days :-)
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Not really fussed about the shirt, just hope the players that wear it do it justice.

I noticed we now have a sleeve sponsorship, Visit Rwanda, and upon reading up on it, it would seem it's caused a bit of an uproar... maybe I should start a thread about it.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby potter » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 am

It would turn quickly into a political argument on the justification of foreign aid . Then again as the forum boesn't want to discuss things Arsenal anymore perhaps that's a good thing.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 am

The Club may have shot itself in the foot by accepting sponsorship of £30m over three years from a country with very dodgy human rights. Our Government sends Rwanda millions in aid and although the department of overseas aid says the assistance they provide is nothing to do with the Arsenal sponsorship money it doesn`t show Arsenal in a very good light. However, I would be surprised when Arsenal or any other Club gets approached regarding sponsorship if they didn`t seek advice from the Government department concerned.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Not sure that most of our government departments know what day it is .They are not Bathing in glory at the moment.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:20 pm

potter wrote:It would turn quickly into a political argument on the justification of foreign aid . Then again as the forum boesn't want to discuss things Arsenal anymore perhaps that's a good thing.

I'm not sure this is a forum any more.

Maybe things will pick up as the season gets going. For the first time in a long time though, I'm ruddy excited to see how things go. Not excited enough to plough a single penny into The Club though. They're rich enough.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm

louder wrote:
potter wrote:It would turn quickly into a political argument on the justification of foreign aid . Then again as the forum boesn't want to discuss things Arsenal anymore perhaps that's a good thing.

Maybe things will pick up as the season gets going. For the first time in a long time though, I'm ruddy excited to see how things go. Not excited enough to plough a single penny into The Club though. They're rich enough.

It`s because of people like you that they can only afford a £50m transfer pot ;)
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:

It`s because of people like you that they can only afford a £50m transfer pot ;)

Ouch, RR !

Where's Wenger to take the heat when you need him ? :-)
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Perhaps Kroenke and the board might find out soon.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:59 am

potter wrote:Perhaps Kroenke and the board might find out soon.

That's a bit pessimistic at this current, semi-positive time, P.

If those on the football side do the job they're capable of doing then those on high should have an easy ride. Seems to me there have been some good decisions made recently and it'll be difficult for anyone to say 'told you so' if the season doesn't go well. Other than the AKBs of course.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 pm

I used to criticise Wenger for his tactics as opposed to his running of the club. I believe that he acted as a shield to protect the old guard board and deflected much of the criticism away from them. I doubt that Emery will give them that luxury.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:07 pm

potter wrote:I used to criticise Wenger for his tactics as opposed to his running of the club. I believe that he acted as a shield to protect the old guard board and deflected much of the criticism away from them. I doubt that Emery will give them that luxury.

Other than backing Wenger, what did the board deserve criticism for ?
louder
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat