Arsenal v Man City PREM official next match thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Tenbob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:22 pm

So here it begins a new chapter in our glorious history.
New season,new manager,new optimism .
What a game to start with at home to the defending champions and by far the best team in England.
Pre season has been ok and it's about getting off to a good start ,win would be great but avoiding defeat would also be acceptable .
Ozil to shine,Dortmund boys to dominate,Lacazette to fill his boots,
Let the season begin
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Despite all the new things to look forward to this season, it's Aubameyang I look forward to watching.

Time will tell with the rest.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Re: Arsenal v Man City PREM official next match thread

Postby Tenbob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm

First reaction the old guard let us down, Ozil, Xhaka(what's the point),Ramsey, Mickey waste of time.
Czech no chance if we continue playing from the back.
Plus points Hair boy in the middle , leichestein ,the midget when he came on.
Long hard season ahead but we won't play city (different class ) every week.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Tempting to say same shit different faces but it was obvious they're not all on each other's wavelengths yet. As Tenbob says, Sideshow Bob and the midget both looked good and Cech was OK except playing from the back is not his forte and he passed it straight out for a corner for Christs sake! I'm not discouraged but I'm not enthused yet.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 am

If we were under the impression that once Wenger had gone all we needed was a quick fix then that was blown up yesterday . One of the benefits is that we won't be playing City again this side of Christmas. Accepting that they may well be the best team we will face this season our level will be clearer after Chelsea and West Ham . Yesterday we were light years behind them they were better all over the pitch and off of it too.
Emery needs days like that to learn and we need to have them too so that we can assess whether he can sort it and to lower the expectation of a sudden ressurgence .
I think the Wenger years should be remembered for the euphoria of the early part but tempered with the realisation that the second part was a gradual spiral of decline. Yesterday we saw just how far that spiral has taken us
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 am

I saw some interesting things and remain pretty neutral about the season.
No collapse when we could have been destroyed.
We carved a few opportunities when many other teams haven’t against them. Finishing would have got us back level and then who knows.
Too many players lacking confidence in their own game and each other - will take time or a spark to change that.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see gradual introduction of other younger players this season so Emery can mould a style a bit quicker. Old dogs new tricks can take too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat