Gazidis gone

Discuss all things Arsenal

Gazidis gone

Postby Tenbob » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Ivan Gazidis has left his role as Arsenal chief executive to join Italian club AC Milan.

The 53-year-old, who helped appoint Unai Emery in May as Arsene Wenger's successor as manager, will begin his new role on 31 October.

Gazidis said that the decision to leave after 10 years at the Gunners was "the hardest of my life".

"Change and succession is not only inevitable for a club like Arsenal - it is necessary," he said.

Raul Sanllehi, who was head of football relations at Arsenal has been appointed head of football, and Vinai Venkatesham moves from chief commercial officer to managing director.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Gazidis gone

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Gazidis was with us 10 years which was not a particularly successful period for us so I don`t think he will be greatly missed.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Gazidis gone

Postby Red Snapper » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 pm

I think he did less than Steve Bould. The new people are a bit of a mystery to me. Bring back Dennis Hill Wood and David Dean I say!
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Gazidis gone

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Of all the hero`s in Arsenal`s illustrious history one man stands above all others, that man is Sir Henry Norris. Without him we still may be a minor club in South East London on a par with Leyton Orient.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Gazidis gone

Postby FOYS » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:55 am

Rainham Red wrote:Of all the hero`s in Arsenal`s illustrious history one man stands above all others, that man is Sir Henry Norris. Without him we still may be a minor club in South East London on a par with Leyton Orient.

:applaude:
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Return to Arsenal Chat