Page 1 of 1

Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:32 pm
by louder
Wenger - last 47 PL matches - wins 26/Goals 90/Clean sheet 17.

Emery - first 47 PL matches -wins 25/Goals 86/ Clean sheets 10.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:24 pm
by Tenbob
Unless there is significant change I can't see his contract being renewed in the summer if not sacked before.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:02 pm
by louder
Tenbob wrote:Unless there is significant change I can't see his contract being renewed in the summer if not sacked before.


He must be on shaky ground. Leicester game could be pivotal.

Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 pm
by Rainham Red
Everyone is saying that Leicester will smash us but they also said that the season they won the Premiership. They only lost three matches that season two of which was by our boys home and away.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:38 pm
by louder
Be gone.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:01 pm
by Tenbob
He's lost the plot and looks desperate
Should be put out of his misery and sacked, He's just not suited to the premiership.
Yesterday's team on paper looked solid but there was no plan of idea how they should play.
It's a matter of when not if now.
Who do we get in ?
Poch,Allegri,Or go for a up and coming English manager,

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:48 pm
by Rainham Red
Tenbob wrote:He's lost the plot and looks desperate
Should be put out of his misery and sacked, He's just not suited to the premiership.
Yesterday's team on paper looked solid but there was no plan of idea how they should play.
It's a matter of when not if now.
Who do we get in ?
Poch,Allegri,Or go for a up and coming English manager,



Agree with everything you say. How about Eddie Howe of Bournemouth they are the smallest Club in the Premiership but he has made them a mid-table Club?

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm
by Tenbob
I think Howe might be a one club trick, can't get out of my mind when he left for Burnley and that turned out a disaster.
Thinking about Burnley what about Dyche.
Would we give that type of manager time to get it right though !

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:34 pm
by Rainham Red
Tenbob wrote:I think Howe might be a one club trick, can't get out of my mind when he left for Burnley and that turned out a disaster.
Thinking about Burnley what about Dyche.
Would we give that type of manager time to get it right though !


We really haven`t the time to let a new manager settle in. We need someone who has experience in managing a top club and top players and who has a record of success. What about Carlo Ancelotti he has done the lot and won more trophies than practically anyone else. At present he is Manager of Napoli but maybe we could lure him to the Emirates.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:54 pm
by Tenbob
Ancelotti is a good call, wouldn't even mind Benitez.
Would love to see what the Athletico Madrid manager would do with this lot.
Properly be back to the George Graham days,but I would take that.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:54 pm
by Rainham Red
Tenbob wrote:Ancelotti is a good call, wouldn't even mind Benitez.
Would love to see what the Athletico Madrid manager would do with this lot.
Properly be back to the George Graham days,but I would take that.


He is a bit scary alright but our powderpuff players would be begging for a transfer out of the Club

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:49 pm
by ArsenalMill
I think Emery will be gone before the end of the year, especially if we fail to win in Frankfurt.

There is one good thing, the plague that are the Kroenke's are finally seeing what a lack of investment across the clubs results in, the PL isn't a cash cow like the NFL. Emery is a disaster but the muppets that run the boardroom are no better. How did they sanction £92 for fucking Pepe when a 2 year old can see we should have spent that money sorting out our joke of a defence ?

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:08 pm
by Tenbob
Wolves manager nouno has been backed into favourite for the job.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:26 pm
by ArsenalMill
Tenbob wrote:Wolves manager nouno has been backed into favourite for the job.


I think that'll turn out to be another disaster and would show a complete lack of ambition. If you want to send out a signal to players and transfer targets that's your ambitious you need to get a manager with a track record in turn arounds.

Wenger transformed Arsenal with his revolutionary regimes etc however...

Emery - second rate manager who was available for free, and who only ever had significant success in second rate leagues (winning the French league with PSG isn't an achievement really) and tournaments (if you look at his Europa League successes Sevilla had an easy run-in compared to their opponent in each of those 3 years)

Nuno - his one and only managerial trophy is winning the Championship in the 17-18 season, hardly a glowing resume (unless the AFC Board are expecting us to be in the Championship next season)

We need do far worse than to go after Poch or Allegri, or a ex-invincible who is doing well.

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:46 pm
by Tenbob
Allegri would be a very good and free, Poch not sure and had won nothing but would love him to come and be a success.
Ex player would be my last desperate choice and could end in tears.
Nuno has properly been backed because has been spoken to behind the scenes maybe not directly but to his representatives .

Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 am
by ArsenalMill
Do you think he'll be gone if we fail to beat Frankfurt ?

Re: Do the numbers lie ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:34 pm
by Tenbob
Won't help, but more likely if we don't beat Norwich .
Your stuck between wanting to win both games and losing,which means we get another manager.
Hate the situation but something gotta change.