Giroud.

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Giroud.

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
radford149 wrote:to all those that slagged him off. eat your words

I think everyone agrees he works hard,holds the ball up well,brings team mates into play so he is a good all round player with one exception he misses too many chance.I`m not saying he should be dropped but he must become more clinical then he would be one of the best.

Every striker misses chances Henry missed his far share and he's the best striker we've ever had! Most strikers wouldn't even get the chances he gets because they wouldn't work as hard to find the space or hold the ball up to create their own chance.
Northern Gooner

Giroud.

Postby Swede » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Great player
Swede

Giroud.

Postby louder » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 am

Sublime finish.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Giroud.

Postby FOYS » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:00 pm

louder wrote:Sublime finish.

Controlled it well, shame about the easier chance in the first half.
Last edited by FOYS on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Giroud.

Postby louder » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:58 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:Sublime finish.

Controlled it well, same about the easier chance in the first half.

Finished it confidently too. Added to the neat control, that's a double positive !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: Giroud.

Postby Northern Gooner » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm going to continue to stick up for him, he's a good player just needs better service and another striker in squad fighting for his place and so he can be rested. Getting treated far to harshly.
Northern Gooner

Postby FOYS » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Northern Gooner wrote:I'm going to continue to stick up for him, he's a good player just needs better service and another striker in squad fighting for his place and so he can be rested. Getting treated far to harshly.

Better service??? Most of his goals are served up on a plate for him!!
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:16 pm

FOYS wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:I'm going to continue to stick up for him, he's a good player just needs better service and another striker in squad fighting for his place and so he can be rested. Getting treated far to harshly.

Since Ozil and Rambo got injured he's had very little service and no runners helping by taking away defenders, 20 goals is not a bad return for a season.
Northern Gooner

Postby I Believe Overall » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:41 pm

FOYS wrote:

I think that's a little unfair. I'd like him to be less poncey when battling with defenders but otherwise he's a decent option for us. Would love other real options to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby radford149 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:54 pm

what the frenchie does not do is cause enough problems for the defenders. he needs to put himself about a bit more, he's a bit of an iron hoof to be honest
radford149

Giroud.

Postby rolypoly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

aka THELUMBERING OAF

its impossible to win league without a quality striker almost certain to score 20 league goals.

outside of sumo wrestling the oaf must be theslowest professional sportsman . we need him injured before transfer window closes in hope even our deranged manager does other than promote sanobloodyuseless to no 1 striker choice.
rolypoly

Postby wilko331984 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:54 pm

rolypoly wrote:aka THELUMBERING OAF

its impossible to win league without a quality striker almost certain to score 20 league goals.

outside of sumo wrestling the oaf must be theslowest professional sportsman . we need him injured before transfer window closes in hope even our deranged manager does other than promote sanobloodyuseless to no 1 striker choice.

Bit harsh but we do need a more consistent threat in front of goal. Giroud is really pissing me off with his give up attitude when he cocks up or loses the ball.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

wilko331984 wrote:

Bit harsh but we do need a more consistent threat in front of goal. Giroud is really pissing me off with his give up attitude when he cocks up or loses the ball.

I agree Wilko.

We need someone a lot better than Giroud. We wont challenge without a prolific striker, solid CM and a quality centre half.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:59 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:

I agree Wilko.

We need someone a lot better than Giroud. We wont challenge without a prolific striker, solid CM and a quality centre half.

Giroud would be better off taking part in The Walking Dead as one of the Zombies he wouldn`t even have to act
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:

I agree Wilko.

Giroud would be better off taking part in The Walking Dead as one of the Zombies he wouldn`t even have to act

:lol:

In all seriousness I don't think Giroud is a terrible striker, I just don't think he benefits from the system we play. He would be best in a two man attack.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:07 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:

I agree Wilko.

In all seriousness I don't think Giroud is a terrible striker, I just don't think he benefits from the system we play. He would be best in a two man attack.

I think that's pretty much "nail on head". The way that we play, we need another Henry type. There's no point in having loads of crosses from our wide men that have bombed it to the line to then find out Giroud isn't even up there with them.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 pm

wilko331984 wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:

I agree Wilko.

I think that's pretty much "nail on head". The way that we play, we need another Henry type. There's no point in having loads of crosses from our wide men that have bombed it to the line to then find out Giroud isn't even up there with them.

Loads of crosses from our wide men ? Have I stumbled onto the wrong forum ??

I think Giroud is more than effective if he stays busy and the midfield get to work playing around and off him. Better to be clever in his position/role than quick.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:57 pm

louder wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:[quote="rolypoly"]aka THELUMBERING OAF

I agree Wilko.

I think Giroud is more than effective if he stays busy and the midfield get to work playing around and off him. Better to be clever in his position/role than quick.[/quote]
Must be the wrong forum you're on cos I'm pretty sure we put in a fair few straight into an empty box.

Be my guest and prove me wrong
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 pm

louder wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:[quote="rolypoly"]aka THELUMBERING OAF

I agree Wilko.

I think Giroud is more than effective if he stays busy and the midfield get to work playing around and off him. Better to be clever in his position/role than quick.[/quote]
Must be the wrong forum you're on cos I'm pretty sure we put in a fair few straight into an empty box.

Be my guest and prove me wrong
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Giroud is just a good back up striker, someone to bring on with 20 to 30 mins to go when things aren't happening or he might nick a late head goal.

the only time i am happy to see him, is when Wenger is dragging off Sanogo after 65 minutes and bringing Giroud on
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews