Walcott

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Re: Walcott

Postby louder » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:In all fairness to Benteke, his season has been plagued by injury.

I think Michu has had a similar season. Both unable to get going due to injury but good players nonetheless. Thought Benteke has still looked good, especially taking into account the players he has around him. Thought he was good last night too.

He is a real handful and would give any defence a hard time but not on the same planet as Suarez.Aguero or Negredo


Suarez and Aguero are different types and they don't grow on trees. If we are going to compare every siging with these two then we're always going to be on a downer. Negredo is a good player but there's nothing to say that Giroud or Benteke can't match him. Again, the calibre of player that one is surrounded by can make a huge difference.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Walcott

Postby potter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Benteke may have an argument that his back up players are not up to much but Giroud can't really complain about his midfield back up , albeit he would possibly desire a better feed from the wings.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Walcott

Postby louder » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm

potter wrote:Benteke may have an argument that his back up players are not up to much but Giroud can't really complain about his midfield back up , albeit he would possibly desire a better feed from the wings.


What's your point, Potter ?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Walcott

Postby potter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Mainly that there's not a lot wrong with our midfield skill wise but their directness could be upped a bit which I am sure would benefit Giroud.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Walcott

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:39 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:In all fairness to Benteke, his season has been plagued by injury.

I think Michu has had a similar season. Both unable to get going due to injury but good players nonetheless. Thought Benteke has still looked good, especially taking into account the players he has around him. Thought he was good last night too.

He is a real handful and would give any defence a hard time but not on the same planet as Suarez.Aguero or Negredo


Suarez and Aguero are different types and they don't grow on trees. If we are going to compare every siging with these two then we're always going to be on a downer. Negredo is a good player but there's nothing to say that Giroud or Benteke can't match him. Again, the calibre of player that one is surrounded by can make a huge difference.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Walcott

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:44 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:In all fairness to Benteke, his season has been plagued by injury.

I think Michu has had a similar season. Both unable to get going due to injury but good players nonetheless. Thought Benteke has still looked good, especially taking into account the players he has around him. Thought he was good last night too.

He is a real handful and would give any defence a hard time but not on the same planet as Suarez.Aguero or Negredo


Suarez and Aguero are different types and they don't grow on trees. If we are going to compare every siging with these two then we're always going to be on a downer. Negredo is a good player but there's nothing to say that Giroud or Benteke can't match him. Again, the calibre of player that one is surrounded by can make a huge difference.


Negredo has really impressed me he is a natural goalscorer which Giroud isn`t.I admire the job he does for us but the only thing he has over Nagredo is his song.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Walcott

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 am

On his retirement from media workAlan Hansen said his biggest regret was describing Theo Walcott as not having a football brain
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Walcott

Postby Red Snapper » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 am

Rainham Red wrote:On his retirement from media workAlan Hansen said his biggest regret was describing Theo Walcott as not having a football brain

Well you'll never win anything with kids.
I'd have thought his biggest regret was taking up punditry. Oh hang on, £40000 a week for being a miserable, dour git, that may be why he took it up!
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
User avatar
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4011
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: friern barnet

Walcott

Postby Friscoslug » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Red Snapper wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:On his retirement from media workAlan Hansen said his biggest regret was describing Theo Walcott as not having a football brain

Well you'll never win anything with kids.
I'd have thought his biggest regret was taking up punditry. Oh hang on, £40000 a week for being a miserable, dour git, that may be why he took it up!


:nodding:
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Walcott

Postby Friscoslug » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:29 am

Just read that Theo won't be back in full training for two to three weeks (announced on 11.09.).

I thought he was earmarked for a return in the Spurs game.

Anyone have any detail as to what's going on there?
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Walcott

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:40 am

Friscoslug wrote:Just read that Theo won't be back in full training for two to three weeks (announced on 11.09.).

I thought he was earmarked for a return in the Spurs game.

Anyone have any detail as to what's going on there?


Just a guess but I'd say they are making sure he doesn't travel with England and get injured again.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Walcott

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 am

Friscoslug wrote:Just read that Theo won't be back in full training for two to three weeks (announced on 11.09.).

I thought he was earmarked for a return in the Spurs game.

Anyone have any detail as to what's going on there?


I read an article by Theo a couple of weeks ago saying he definitely would not be back for the Spurs game but hoped to be back after the next Internationals.Could be available for the Hull match maybe.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Walcott

Postby FOYS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Friscoslug wrote:Just read that Theo won't be back in full training for two to three weeks (announced on 11.09.).

I thought he was earmarked for a return in the Spurs game.

Anyone have any detail as to what's going on there?


The club said right from the start it would be October time when Walcott would be back.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS
 
Posts: 6037
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: GODS COUNTY KENT,BIRTHPLACE OF THE ARSENAL

Re: Walcott

Postby wilko331984 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 am

I miss Theo playing. I think with him back. We'll see Ozil sticking in a central role and hopefully a more direct style of play.
User avatar
wilko331984
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Walcott

Postby Friscoslug » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:24 am

Wenger only goes in for famine these days, feasting is off the menu.
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Walcott

Postby Red Snapper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Nice to see him back last Saturday. Good he got ten minutes under his belt. I think he worries defenders more than anyone else.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
User avatar
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4011
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: friern barnet

Re: Walcott

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 pm

with his new bald head, and 14 on his back. He reminded me of TH14 yesterday
User avatar
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Walcott

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Looked really sharp yesterday. Chuffed to have him back.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Walcott

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:38 am

[quote="Red Snapper"]Nice to see him back last Saturday. Good he got ten minutes under his belt. I think he worries defenders more than anyone else.[/quote
The fans forums of the opposition who we are due to play are always relieved if Theo is not playing
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Walcott

Postby Friscoslug » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:07 am

Hope Theo is benefiting from training with the national team. Wasn't used yesterday. Hope he isn't used against the Scots either.
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

PreviousNext


Return to Player Reviews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


cron