Podolski

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Podolski

Postby SmudgersBeak » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

louder wrote:
SmudgersBeak wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Whatever anyone thinks of him, he absolutely loves this club.

Just telling you what you want to hear, FR. #moneyfornothing

If he is not played or not given a run of games this is not entirely his fault. Wenger bought him to the Arsenal then does not select him he has not had a bad return since he has joined and I do not think that you could possibly know what he thinks and neither do I but as a fellow Arsenal supporter I find your cynicism for the player strange :shrug:
Whatever is wrong with you is no small thing :thumbs:


Smudger, whatever Podolski is doing is not enough to impress the manager. That's my only problem with the player. To not get picked is enough reason, imo, for a player not to be happy, but this guy's over the moon on a daily basis. Now this is strange !

The odd Tweet claiming an undying love for Arsenal is not all a player should need to do to gain favour with the supporters, and it doesn't with me.


So how's that gain favour as you put it :podolski:
Ockham's razor
Irritation free
SmudgersBeak
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Podolski

Postby SmudgersBeak » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 pm

SmudgersBeak wrote:
louder wrote:
SmudgersBeak wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Whatever anyone thinks of him, he absolutely loves this club.

Just telling you what you want to hear, FR. #moneyfornothing

If he is not played or not given a run of games this is not entirely his fault. Wenger bought him to the Arsenal then does not select him he has not had a bad return since he has joined and I do not think that you could possibly know what he thinks and neither do I but as a fellow Arsenal supporter I find your cynicism for the player strange :shrug:
Whatever is wrong with you is no small thing :thumbs:


Smudger, whatever Podolski is doing is not enough to impress the manager. That's my only problem with the player. To not get picked is enough reason, imo, for a player not to be happy, but this guy's over the moon on a daily basis. Now this is strange !

The odd Tweet claiming an undying love for Arsenal is not all a player should need to do to gain favour with the supporters, and it doesn't with me.


So how's that gain favour as you put it :podolski:


Come on wooden top admit you are wrong for once.....remember who you are and what you represent :afcbanner:
Ockham's razor
Irritation free
SmudgersBeak
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Podolski

Postby louder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:41 am

SmudgersBeak wrote: Come on wooden top admit you are wrong for once.....remember who you are and what you represent :afcbanner:


Wrong ? If all it took was a four yard tap in to make everything alright then this forum would be a much happier place.

Here's a comparison for you, Smudger - Podolski knocks one in from four yards and he's back in the good books. Wenger wins The F.A. Cup but he still deserves dogs abuse. Balance, man. Balance.

That's the least Pod should be doing for The Club given the rewards he enjoys.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Podolski

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 am

louder wrote:
SmudgersBeak wrote: Come on wooden top admit you are wrong for once.....remember who you are and what you represent :afcbanner:


Wrong ? If all it took was a four yard tap in to make everything alright then this forum would be a much happier place.

Here's a comparison for you, Smudger - Podolski knocks one in from four yards and he's back in the good books. Wenger wins The F.A. Cup but he still deserves dogs abuse. Balance, man. Balance.

That's the least Pod should be doing for The Club given the rewards he enjoys.

What, sitting on the bench every game?
Steve - Creator and all round nice guy!
User avatar
Steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:21 pm
Location: Hornchurch, Essex

Re: Podolski

Postby louder » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:55 am

Steve wrote:
louder wrote:
SmudgersBeak wrote: Come on wooden top admit you are wrong for once.....remember who you are and what you represent :afcbanner:


Wrong ? If all it took was a four yard tap in to make everything alright then this forum would be a much happier place.

Here's a comparison for you, Smudger - Podolski knocks one in from four yards and he's back in the good books. Wenger wins The F.A. Cup but he still deserves dogs abuse. Balance, man. Balance.

That's the least Pod should be doing for The Club given the rewards he enjoys.

What, sitting on the bench every game?


I'm talking about the other rewards that many people would give their right arm for. And for someone who rarely plays, he's a very cheerful boy. Is he bovered ?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Podolski

Postby Friscoslug » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 am

You could say rather he is a very positive guy. Perhaps his learning from his experience at Bayern is what we're seeing. Put him on the pitch and let's judge him on his performances anything else is just plain bias. And don't forget he is promotion and profiling AFC on the back of his social media savvy. So he continues to add value.
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Podolski

Postby Friscoslug » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:23 am

louder wrote:
SmudgersBeak wrote: Come on wooden top admit you are wrong for once.....remember who you are and what you represent :afcbanner:


Wrong ? If all it took was a four yard tap in to make everything alright then this forum would be a much happier place.

Here's a comparison for you, Smudger - Podolski knocks one in from four yards and he's back in the good books. Wenger wins The F.A. Cup but he still deserves dogs abuse. Balance, man. Balance.

That's the least Pod should be doing for The Club given the rewards he enjoys.



Poldi came on late, scored an important goal in an important game. I'd say that is meeting his job description and what he is paid to do.

The fact that he is not getting the opportunity to do it regularly is down to Wenger. That decision, as with many others by our manager, is baffling. Wenger should put him on the pitch and let him fail if he feels he has made a mistake in buying him.
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Podolski

Postby louder » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 am

Friscoslug wrote:You could say rather he is a very positive guy. Perhaps his learning from his experience at Bayern is what we're seeing. Put him on the pitch and let's judge him on his performances anything else is just plain bias. And don't forget he is promotion and profiling AFC on the back of his social media savvy. So he continues to add value.


Well that clears me of any bias on this particular subject then, as I was saying how Podolski was one of three weak links in the starting eleven around 18+months ago. The other two were Arteta and Per btw. The rest of the footballing world eventually catch up to my forward thinking ;) . There are the ODD exceptions though.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Podolski

Postby Red Snapper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Will they have to replace that goalpost?? He has the hardest shot I've seen since Sammels or Jimmy Robertson.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
User avatar
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4011
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: friern barnet

Re: Podolski

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:13 pm

that bloke can hit a ball, i'd hate to be in a wall with him taking a free kick
User avatar
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Podolski

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Podolski

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:41 am

Red Snapper wrote:Will they have to replace that goalpost?? He has the hardest shot I've seen since Sammels or Jimmy Robertson.


It was a tremendous shot if it had gone straight to the Goalie he would have landed up in Row Z
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Podolski

Postby louder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?


Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.

AA23 was a waster btw.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Podolski

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Podolski was a decent player for a long time - he's also a decent player when he plays for us I'd like to see him more often but there must be something else not right - maybe he doesn't train as well as he could? Maybe he doesn't respond well to advice about how he should play when on the pitch? Or maybe the other options available are better prepared?
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Podolski

Postby FOYS » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:53 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?


Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.

AA23 was a waster btw.


We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS
 
Posts: 6037
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: GODS COUNTY KENT,BIRTHPLACE OF THE ARSENAL

Podolski

Postby louder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:Podolski was a decent player for a long time - he's also a decent player when he plays for us I'd like to see him more often but there must be something else not right - maybe he doesn't train as well as he could? Maybe he doesn't respond well to advice about how he should play when on the pitch? Or maybe the other options available are better prepared?


Decent is a long way from fantastic, but I think you could be right one of your other suggestions. Saying that, I wasn't keen on his attitude when he was being picked regularly. Each to our own I suppose.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Podolski

Postby louder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:45 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?

Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.
AA23 was a waster btw.

We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.


That's great to know. Doesn't explain why we got him ahead of the usual others if he's that fantastic though :shrug:
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Podolski

Postby FOYS » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:50 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?

Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.
AA23 was a waster btw.

We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.


That's great to know. Doesn't explain why we got him ahead of the usual others if he's that fantastic though :shrug:


He preferred London to Manchester.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS
 
Posts: 6037
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: GODS COUNTY KENT,BIRTHPLACE OF THE ARSENAL

Podolski

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:41 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?

Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.
AA23 was a waster btw.

We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.


That's great to know. Doesn't explain why we got him ahead of the usual others if he's that fantastic though :shrug:


He preferred London to Manchester.



There`s a surprise
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Podolski

Postby louder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:57 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?

Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.
AA23 was a waster btw.

We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.

That's great to know. Doesn't explain why we got him ahead of the usual others if he's that fantastic though :shrug:

He preferred London to Manchester.


I'm sceptical about that. RVP didn't seem to mind the shift :shrug: . Are you in these blokes' pockets from day to day :tongue2:
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

PreviousNext


Return to Player Reviews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


cron