Put all your player reviews from each match here

Podolski

Postby FOYS » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:20 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Podolski was a fantastic player before he came to us. He has made a slow decline since being with us. Sad fact but true. Arshavin ring any bells?

Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.
AA23 was a waster btw.

We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.

That's great to know. Doesn't explain why we got him ahead of the usual others if he's that fantastic though :shrug:

He preferred London to Manchester.

I'm sceptical about that. RVP didn't seem to mind the shift :shrug: . Are you in these blokes' pockets from day to day :tongue2:

Hardly surprising that you're sceptical about, seeing as Wenger hasn't said it. As for RVP, two different people.....
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Podolski

Postby louder » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 am

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:Are you sure he was 'fantastic' ? If so, how did WE get him and for the price we did ? Surely there's a good chance he would've gone elsewhere and for a lot more than the money paid for him. If Wenger can use him in the right way all the time he's with us then that the best I can expect.
AA23 was a waster btw.

We got him for that price because of the relegation clause in his contract.

That's great to know. Doesn't explain why we got him ahead of the usual others if he's that fantastic though :shrug:

He preferred London to Manchester.

I'm sceptical about that. RVP didn't seem to mind the shift :shrug: . Are you in these blokes' pockets from day to day :tongue2:

Hardly surprising that you're sceptical about, seeing as Wenger hasn't said it. As for RVP, two different people.....

It takes more than just Wenger saying it as he obviously shapes what he says when facing the media. Your last point is cracking.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: Podolski

Postby Friscoslug » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:02 am

So, Poldi has made his frustrations clear in the German press. He won't mention or have mentioned AW's name according to an article in FAZ. We now know he is not injured as he played 90 minutes on Friday. He had two assists and pressured for the own goal in this German team. He's made it clear he wants more playing time. Löwe has supported him verbally and needs him to be playing more for Arsenal before the Euros.

Interesting that of late we find out more about our players physical and mental state from the national team set-up and media in the nations they play for than here in England.

Podolski would appear to be a victim of the club's cash outlay difficulty, lack of communication and not enough (any) players of the type that take some pressure off shot takers / attackers to come back and defend regularly.

Regardless of ability I think it sad that a player can be damaged by the circumstances surrounding a club rather than their own actions. I think it even sadder that it happens at Arsenal FC.
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Friscoslug wrote:So, Poldi has made his frustrations clear in the German press. He won't mention or have mentioned AW's name according to an article in FAZ. We now know he is not injured as he played 90 minutes on Friday. He had two assists and pressured for the own goal in this German team. He's made it clear he wants more playing time. Löwe has supported him verbally and needs him to be playing more for Arsenal before the Euros.

Interesting that of late we find out more about our players physical and mental state from the national team set-up and media in the nations they play for than here in England.

Podolski would appear to be a victim of the club's cash outlay difficulty, lack of communication and not enough (any) players of the type that take some pressure off shot takers / attackers to come back and defend regularly.

Regardless of ability I think it sad that a player can be damaged by the circumstances surrounding a club rather than their own actions. I think it even sadder that it happens at Arsenal FC.

Can't say I blame him. The team is playing shite and yet the bench still doesn't get a proper chance to impress. What's the point in staying when you have a manager that doesn't dare change things in the starting Xl
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 pm

I think Podolski is victim of coming to a club with an intransigent manager who buys proven players and tries to mould them into his own desired system rather than find a way to use them to the best of their abilities.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:22 pm

potter wrote:I think Podolski is victim of coming to a club with an intransigent manager who buys proven players and tries to mould them into his own desired system rather than find a way to use them to the best of their abilities.

Surprise surprise.

Plodolski needs to knuckle down and lose the chirpy chappy attitude.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

louder wrote:
potter wrote:I think Podolski is victim of coming to a club with an intransigent manager who buys proven players and tries to mould them into his own desired system rather than find a way to use them to the best of their abilities.

Surprise surprise.

Why? Just cos he likes to be positive doesn't mean he doesn't try?

He's certainly a player that IMO, needs to get a proper chance. There's too many that can take it for granted that they'll start, whether they can be arsed or not.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 am

wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:

Surprise surprise.

He's certainly a player that IMO, needs to get a proper chance. There's too many that can take it for granted that they'll start, whether they can be arsed or not.

I'm in the not sure camp with Podolski. When he is fully engaged he looks a fine player, deadly, fast, powerful. But that can be 2 minutes a game. Even in his best periods of play he can look disinterested in formation, jogs into positions, lets people run away from him. Either he is lazy or unable to understand whats required of him. But then he goes and smashes one in and I think - yeah that was great. Its up to him to work it out and force his way into the team - not the management to pick him if they don't feel confident that he'll do what he is told. But it still feels a waste...
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 am

I Believe Overall wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:

Surprise surprise.

I'm in the not sure camp with Podolski. When he is fully engaged he looks a fine player, deadly, fast, powerful. But that can be 2 minutes a game. Even in his best periods of play he can look disinterested in formation, jogs into positions, lets people run away from him. Either he is lazy or unable to understand whats required of him. But then he goes and smashes one in and I think - yeah that was great. Its up to him to work it out and force his way into the team - not the management to pick him if they don't feel confident that he'll do what he is told. But it still feels a waste...

But what does that tell you? Wenger doesn't seem confident with any of his back up players. If he did, he would pick them. So why on earth has he not done something about it?
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:32 pm

wilko331984 wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:

Surprise surprise.

But what does that tell you? Wenger doesn't seem confident with any of his back up players. If he did, he would pick them. So why on earth has he not done something about it?

He does, He just doesn't pick some of them. TR7 generally gets a run out during the second half of the season. Bit odd that. But Wenger does make substitutions you know, Wilko.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 pm

louder wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:

Surprise surprise.

He does, He just doesn't pick some of them. TR7 generally gets a run out during the second half of the season. Bit odd that. But Wenger does make substitutions you know, Wilko.

Yes, normally way too late
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:26 pm

wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:Surprise surprise.

In some peoples' opinions. In others', a substitute made too early could mean the wrong team was picked in the first place. I don't think 70 minutes is too late to make a change.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 pm

louder wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
louder wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
wilko331984 wrote:[quote="louder"]
Surprise surprise.

In some peoples' opinions. In others', a substitute made too early could mean the wrong team was picked in the first place. I don't think 70 minutes is too late to make a change.[/quote]
Well if we are playing crap or being spanked, he needs to take a hit, admit he was wrong and make the change.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

has never been given a real chance, always played second fiddle to Giroud and now Welbeck
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:54 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:has never been given a real chance, always played second fiddle to Giroud and now Welbeck

Third fiddle now then? :D
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Good 90 minutes under his belt , scored at the beginning and at the end. Should get used more often
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:21 am

potter wrote:Good 90 minutes under his belt , scored at the beginning and at the end. Should get used more often

He is our best finisher by a mile
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Podolski

Postby louder » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 am

Played well. Two lovely goals. Well played !
louder
Forum Supporter

Podolski

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Said it a million times. Best finisher at the club. Has been for years. Not been given a chance by Wenger.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Podolski

Postby louder » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Said it a million times. Best finisher at the club. Has been for years. Not been given a chance by Wenger.

Wenger said he was the best finisher at the club. He was given a big chance when he joined us but wasn't as effective as some would have us believe. Amazing how good a player becomes when he isn't playing.
louder
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews