Put all your player reviews from each match here

Per Mertesacker

Postby louder » Sat May 24, 2014 10:59 am

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:Very little mention of the BFG nearly blowing it with his clumsy footwork and collapse. Watching him try and get himself up in what seemed like super-slow-mo was one of the most difficult parts of the match. Hopefully we invest in a better option over the summer.

Yes he is slow but he reads the game brilliantly thats why he has so many Caps for Germany and Germany do not Cap rubbish players.All players make mistakes even the God Like Steven Gerrard and his falling over probably cost Liverpool the Premiership.

I didn't call him rubbish, RR. The guy is a good CB and the international game suits him. But the football in this country, particularly at the top of the PL, is different to international footy. He's much like Arteta imo - holds his own against the also-rans but we need a better option when playing the top sides. Or he needs a better protector in front of him.

The same could be said about Wenger.

Only you and a few choice others would compare replacing a slow, 30-something midfielder with replacing a Manager. Straight out of the tottscum book of how to run a football club.

You really need to go to bed earlier louder, as you're beginning to see things that aren't there.

Nah.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Per Mertesacker

Postby FOYS » Sat May 24, 2014 8:53 pm

louder wrote:
Nah.

Yeah.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Per Mertesacker

Postby radford149 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:49 am

voted 2nd player of the season and rightly so
radford149

Per Mertesacker

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:39 pm

radford149 wrote:voted 2nd player of the season and rightly so

I would say Kos but was a close call, he's a quality defender and hopefully will improve again next season.
Northern Gooner

Per Mertesacker

Postby louder » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:39 am

So you wouldn't say 2nd place is first loser in this scenario then ? Wonder who took top spot ???
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby wilko331984 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 am

louder wrote:

So you wouldn't say 2nd place is first loser in this scenario then ? Wonder who took top spot ???

can diaby be in it? I'm not sure if he qualified due to lack of games AGAIN! :P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Per Mertesacker

Postby louder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Drop Per, win the top prize.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Only if you are going to play with a defensive line at halfway. If you are defending deep his intelligence makes up for the lack of pace rather as Simpson's did with McLintock.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:46 pm

potter wrote:Only if you are going to play with a defensive line at halfway. If you are defending deep his intelligence makes up for the lack of pace rather as Simpson's did with McLintock.

That's a fair shout. A one dimensional back four based around one player isn't great though. A back four that plays high can be a plus too, and we have ( or will have when we buy a RB) three players across the back line who can do this. They shouldn't need to be limited because of one players' lack of pace. I think Wenger will stick with Per as a first choice next season, but I disagree with this decision.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 pm

He can move a bit though https://33.media.tumblr.com/1b9d9e17813 ... r1_500.gif Practising the Tony Adams offside appeal.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:46 am

potter wrote:Only if you are going to play with a defensive line at halfway. If you are defending deep his intelligence makes up for the lack of pace rather as Simpson's did with McLintock.

I'm not sure we play deep to accommodate slow players though :) I thought it was to create and retain space for a passing game. Our transition used to be Goalie to big lad up front and spring attacks down the wings. We now go left right or middle ( and sometimes long)
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:00 am

I Believe Overall wrote:

I'm not sure we play deep to accommodate slow players though :) I thought it was to create and retain space for a passing game. Our transition used to be Goalie to big lad up front and spring attacks down the wings. We now go left right or middle ( and sometimes long)

I think you're right on the highlighted bit, but, as far as training manuals go, this is when we are in possession of the ball. When we lose it the general idea is to push up and tighten that space to force mistakes and gain possession. Unless this isn't the aim. Although this would be strange given the increasing number of teams in the PL who are adopting a close-passing and move style.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Having a terrible start to the season seems as if he's still in Brazil, looks half a sleep and just not keeping up with play. He needs to wake up don't think it helps knowing he can't lose his spot with our lack of back up. He needs to find the form he showed last season.
Northern Gooner

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 am

Northern Gooner wrote:Having a terrible start to the season seems as if he's still in Brazil, looks half a sleep and just not keeping up with play. He needs to wake up don't think it helps knowing he can't lose his spot with our lack of back up. He needs to find the form he showed last season.

On yesterdays showing you could say that about the whole team
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Per Mertesacker

Postby louder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Had his number a long long time ago.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Merslacker is crap, and i have said it many times
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Per Mertesacker

Postby FOYS » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:54 pm

louder wrote:Had his number a long long time ago.

Landline or mobile......
What did she wear......

FOYS

Per Mertesacker

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:56 pm

I feel the good result has deflected attention from Per. Was so poor last night. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team imo. I don't like to say that because I love the guy's passion and love for The Arsenal. But performances come first.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Per Mertesacker

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:54 am

ForeverRed wrote:I feel the good result has deflected attention from Per. Was so poor last night. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team imo. I don't like to say that because I love the guy's passion and love for The Arsenal. But performances come first.

As we have only conceded seven goals in nine Prem games he must be doing something right. However, I believe this will be his last season certainly as first choice as I think that Kos and Gabriel will be our regular pairing from next season.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Great performance from Per against Munich.
What did she wear......

FOYS

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews