Per Mertesacker

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Per Mertesacker

Postby louder » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm

radford149 wrote:
louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:
louder wrote:Does this go some way to proving that he was no 'panic buy' by AW ??????????

er, he was a panic buy, only you are too much a a wengerite to acknowledge it, which is just tiresome.

I don't think he was a panic buy at all, due to the rumour that the deal was being lined up months before he actually joined . Although you obviously KNOW that he was :roll:
And I would be happy for either three of our centre backs to start for us.

to be hinest its be proven that the golden paring are not the best combination. its the BFG and .......for me it should be kos


If we're being honest then (and here comes a criticism !) I worry about BFG and I'm very surprised that nobody has skinned him yet. Maybe it shows his class or maybe he's just been lucky so far. I hope it's the former, but as I said, his lack of pace makes me nervous. In fact I think his selection goes against everything I would expect to see in a Wenger type CB, and again it surprises me.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Per Mertesacker

Postby Tenbob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Thynker wrote:He's definitely improved this season.

Still not as dominant in the air as a man of his size should be


my thoughts too
has learnt from last seson and now knows what is required in the Prem
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
User avatar
Tenbob
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Per Mertesacker

Postby Gunnersaurus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 pm

His brain seems up to speed in the league now though, last year he always seemed one step behind, he seems sharp now and intercepts a lot.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Per Mertesacker

Postby radford149 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:22 am

louder wrote:If we're being honest then (and here comes a criticism !) I worry about BFG and I'm very surprised that nobody has skinned him yet. Maybe it shows his class or maybe he's just been lucky so far. I hope it's the former, but as I said, his lack of pace makes me nervous. In fact I think his selection goes against everything I would expect to see in a Wenger type CB, and again it surprises me.


being a centre half is not just about pace, the BFG was thrown to a degree thrown into the deepend when he was signed after the batterring at old toilet. straight off the plane and into the side. the likes of TV5 and the french pole have the pace to compliment his defensive brain.
radford149
 
Posts: 9600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

Per Mertesacker

Postby louder » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 am

radford149 wrote:
louder wrote:If we're being honest then (and here comes a criticism !) I worry about BFG and I'm very surprised that nobody has skinned him yet. Maybe it shows his class or maybe he's just been lucky so far. I hope it's the former, but as I said, his lack of pace makes me nervous. In fact I think his selection goes against everything I would expect to see in a Wenger type CB, and again it surprises me.


being a centre half is not just about pace, the BFG was thrown to a degree thrown into the deepend when he was signed after the batterring at old toilet. straight off the plane and into the side. the likes of TV5 and the french pole have the pace to compliment his defensive brain.


Looking at Wenger's player selection, you would appear to be right with regard to the highlighted !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby seamoisalegend » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:59 am

Gosh I wish he had started today.
User avatar
seamoisalegend
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby wilko331984 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm

seamoisalegend wrote:Gosh I wish he had started today.


+1
User avatar
wilko331984
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby chubby_cheese » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:55 pm

wilko331984 wrote:
seamoisalegend wrote:Gosh I wish he had started today.


+1


+200000
chubby_cheese
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby chunky_monkey » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:10 pm

another fuck up by Wenger, changing a solid defence. i know in hindsight Kos and Tv5 had a shocker, but he should of stayed loyal to mertersacker.
User avatar
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby seamoisalegend » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Usually most people can argue the benefit of hindsight but this one was obvious from the start. I couldn't believe it when I saw Wenger had dropped him and unfortunatly it ended about as badly is could have. TV giving away both free kicks in a very cheap way and then Kos fuckin them both up. Poor. Very poor. Wenger and only Wenger can shoulder the blame for this. Also a more commanding keeper may have dealt with those free kicks.
User avatar
seamoisalegend
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Per Mertesacker

Postby Tel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:31 pm

An unbelievable decision to drop Per today. The blame for today's shambles lies firmly at Dear Leader. Per did nothing to warrant being dropped and should be restored immediately on Wednesday.
Tel
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 am

Per Mertesacker

Postby Denten » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't think anyone could argue about dropping Per.Kos has been great for us but today he was poor.Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Podolski Cazorla were poor as well.

GIbbs was our MOTM he kept Hazard quiet until he ran out of steam towards the end.



Arteta ,Gibbs,Jenks and Gervinho did well.

We never deserved to lose or indeed win but a draw would've been a fair result.
Specialists in FA cup wins.Enjoy the moments.
Denten
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Barnet

Per Mertesacker

Postby Thynker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Shocking decision to drop him today
Wenger out!!
User avatar
Thynker
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5554
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Per Mertesacker

Postby Friscoslug » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:04 pm

It's a tough call. On balance I would have taken Per and TV5. I'd like to know Wenger's reasoning.
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby potter » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Arteta ,Gibbs,Jenks and Gervinho did well.

I can agree with three of those but apart from his goal Gervinho was not up to scratch in my opinion.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby wilko331984 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 pm

potter wrote:Arteta ,Gibbs,Jenks and Gervinho did well.

I can agree with three of those but apart from his goal Gervinho was not up to scratch in my opinion.


Gervinho needs to release the ball earlier. he holds up the play so much that the opposition are all back covering.
User avatar
wilko331984
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Bristol

Per Mertesacker

Postby Gunnersaurus » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing as you say but its shown us all that it should be Mertersacker and one more.

Wenger will know this now.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Per Mertesacker

Postby jiggygunner4Life » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:11 pm

wilko331984 wrote:
potter wrote:Arteta ,Gibbs,Jenks and Gervinho did well.

I can agree with three of those but apart from his goal Gervinho was not up to scratch in my opinion.


Gervinho needs to release the ball earlier. he holds up the play so much that the opposition are all back covering.

And ramsey????? :headbutt: should not be starting games full-stop.
Thingz may look cloudy right now but will become clearer in August!!!!!!!!
User avatar
jiggygunner4Life
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 am
Location: London

Per Mertesacker

Postby doritobrother » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 am

I would have played Koscielny and Vermaelen too against Torres. Kos just happened to have a rubbish game.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
User avatar
doritobrother
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Per Mertesacker

Postby radford149 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 am

Denten wrote:I don't think anyone could argue about dropping Per.Kos has been great for us but today he was poor.Hindsight is a wonderful thing.Podolski Cazorla were poor as well.

GIbbs was our MOTM he kept Hazard quiet until he ran out of steam towards the end.



Arteta ,Gibbs,Jenks and Gervinho did well.

We never deserved to lose or indeed win but a draw would've been a fair result.


oh come off it mate, nothing to do with hindsoght. i have said all along that the "dream" parring of kos and TV5 is flawed. the BFG might not be pretty but he is effective. AW had a complete shocker.
radford149
 
Posts: 9600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

PreviousNext


Return to Player Reviews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron