Gervinho

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Gervinho

Postby doritobrother » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:04 am

Did anybody see him in the Cup of Nations? He was supposed to be playing quite well.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Gervinho

Postby radford149 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 am

doritobrother wrote:Did anybody see him in the Cup of Nations? He was supposed to be playing quite well.

yea against some of the worst teams on the planet. joke teams and one huge joke competition
radford149

Re: Gervinho

Postby doritobrother » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 am

radford149 wrote:
doritobrother wrote:Did anybody see him in the Cup of Nations? He was supposed to be playing quite well.

yea against some of the worst teams on the planet. joke teams and one huge joke competition

Cheers for answering the question.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby JLAS » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm

One of Wenger's worst signings. Missed sitters against Bradford and Blackburn, can't stand the useless tw*t
Jens Lehmann Appreciation Society
JLAS

Postby Hobart » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Truly crap today.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 am

Hobart wrote:Truly crap today.

Like most days :roll:
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby 16ewasko » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 am

It's difficult to describe how bad he is, easily Wenger's worse signing.
16ewasko

Gervinho

Postby Tel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 am

I truly despise this player, everything about him is shit. £10m and countless millions in wages down the toilet on him. :headbutt:
Tel

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 pm

i've heard we are going to do a swap deal in the summer - Gervinho for Anichibe from Everton
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Gervinho

Postby doritobrother » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 am

I actually thought he started off brightly, he was causing their defenders some problems on the left. If he had have put away that chance Rosicky gave him the game could have turned out very differently.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Gervinho

Postby Hobart » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 am

doritobrother wrote:I actually thought he started off brightly, he was causing their defenders some problems on the left. If he had have put away that chance Rosicky gave him the game could have turned out very differently.

Gervinho flattered to deceive unfortunately. He does some good things but follows them up with mistakes.

For example.

At one point in the game he beat his man out wide (good), cut inside and beat another man (very good), he then drove at their back 4 (really good), spotted a run from a team mate (superb), and then passed the ball behind him and straight out for a corner.

So the outcome is; 1. a tired fullback who has overlapped. 2. a tired forward who has made a great run. 3. a goal kick to the opposition.

He would have been better off passing it inside to Arteta or lumping it into touch as at least then he wouldn't have made our players run half the length of the pitch.

Unfortunately for us he does this sort of thing all the time. Looks pretty (football not his face and hair) but achieves little.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 am

Hobart wrote:
doritobrother wrote:I actually thought he started off brightly, he was causing their defenders some problems on the left. If he had have put away that chance Rosicky gave him the game could have turned out very differently.

Gervinho flattered to deceive unfortunately. He does some good things but follows them up with mistakes.

For example.

At one point in the game he beat his man out wide (good), cut inside and beat another man (very good), he then drove at their back 4 (really good), spotted a run from a team mate (superb), and then passed the ball behind him and straight out for a corner.

So the outcome is; 1. a tired fullback who has overlapped. 2. a tired forward who has made a great run. 3. a goal kick to the opposition.

He would have been better off passing it inside to Arteta or lumping it into touch as at least then he wouldn't have made our players run half the length of the pitch.

Unfortunately for us he does this sort of thing all the time. Looks pretty (football not his face and hair) but achieves little.

I think that's spot on. He needs to be replaced. To play like he does is league 1 stuff at best. These are the kind of players we need shut of but I don't think he has been our worst signing. I just wish he had a final product to go with his energy.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby doritobrother » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Hobart wrote:

For example.

Whilst I agree that if there is no end product then the move is wasted plenty of people (including myself) were defending Giroud when he was missing sitters because he was getting in good positions in the first place.

A couple of years ago Theo could generally run past defenders yet his finishing and final decision were often lacking. Now he has improved those aspects of his game he looks a decent player. I guess what I'm saying is I genuinely think if Gervinho sorts those 2 things out he would be a good asset for the team. Unfortunately I don't think he will.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby The Golden Phoenix » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm

doritobrother wrote:
Hobart wrote:

For example.

Whilst I agree that if there is no end product then the move is wasted plenty of people (including myself) were defending Giroud when he was missing sitters because he was getting in good positions in the first place.

A couple of years ago Theo could generally run past defenders yet his finishing and final decision were often lacking. Now he has improved those aspects of his game he looks a decent player. I guess what I'm saying is I genuinely think if Gervinho sorts those 2 things out he would be a good asset for the team. Unfortunately I don't think he will.

He is also very light weight. Easily brushed aside by opponents. I wish he'd disappear.
The Golden Phoenix
Forum Supporter

Gervinho

Postby radford149 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:31 pm

he's a five headed pile of poo
radford149

Postby Northern Gooner » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

He's going down hill, I don't think he can handle the pressure of playing for us, his reaction when he missed the chance against Blackburn showed that it was as if he thought I can't score instead of just keep going and trying again,
Northern Gooner

Postby doritobrother » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 am

Northern Gooner wrote:He's going down hill, I don't think he can handle the pressure of playing for us, his reaction when he missed the chance against Blackburn showed that it was as if he thought I can't score instead of just keep going and trying again,

Seems to be a confidence player, one that looks like he won't get it back.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Wenger seems to have given up on him now badly need a goal today Giroud and Theo were terrible and yet Gervinho was left on the bench.
Northern Gooner

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Northern Gooner wrote:Wenger seems to have given up on him now badly need a goal today Giroud and Theo were terrible and yet Gervinho was left on the bench.

Please dont say were relying on Gervinho?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby RedWithWhiteSleeves » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 am

Looked more relieved than happy to of scored. Anyone think he'll ever be the player Hazard was describing?
RedWithWhiteSleeves

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews