Jenkinson

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Jenkinson

Postby G's Gooners » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:57 am

radford149 wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/arsenals-carl-jenkinson-the-32k-a-week-wonder-8315836.html

say-no-more

Good article and he really does sound like a young man living the dream.
G's Gooners

Re: Jenkinson

Postby citizenerased » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am

32k a week? is that a joke? 26 games into his arsenal career and he's already on that sort of money. our wage structure is getting no better.
citizenerased

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 pm

citizenerased wrote:32k a week? is that a joke? 26 games into his arsenal career and he's already on that sort of money. our wage structure is getting no better.

Well considering the likes of Arshavin are on 70-80k pw, i think thats a decent wage for someone who's been featuring alot
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby citizenerased » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 pm

arshavin was a breakthrough star coming off the back of a european and domestic league triumph with zenit and headline grabbing performances at euro 2008.
citizenerased

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 pm

citizenerased wrote:arshavin was a breakthrough star coming off the back of a european and domestic league triumph with zenit and headline grabbing performances at euro 2008.

I thought he had negotiated a new contract last season?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby citizenerased » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 pm

not as far as i'm aware.
citizenerased

Postby doritobrother » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 am

citizenerased wrote:32k a week? is that a joke? 26 games into his arsenal career and he's already on that sort of money. our wage structure is getting no better.

Agreed with this, I love the corporal but let's face it he's only had a handful of good games.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby radford149 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 am

have to agree with this
radford149

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Love this guy's love for the club but if he wants to push Sagna for his spot he has a lot of hard work to do. His final ball is way below par.
Northern Gooner

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 pm

sorry folks, just because the bloke has an Arsenal matching pillow case and duvet set, and has told the world he is a gooner, doesn't mean he is any good.

poor crossing and poor positioning, has a lot to learn if he is ever going to be a decent RB
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 am

chunky_monkey wrote:sorry folks, just because the bloke has an Arsenal matching pillow case and duvet set, and has told the world he is a gooner, doesn't mean he is any good.

poor crossing and poor positioning, has a lot to learn if he is ever going to be a decent RB

Exactly! he is a RB not a winger and yesterday showed why,it was unfair for him to have to defend against a very good team as well as attack and put in crosses.As soon as that became evident AW should have put Gnabry on.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
chunky_monkey wrote:sorry folks, just because the bloke has an Arsenal matching pillow case and duvet set, and has told the world he is a gooner, doesn't mean he is any good.

Exactly! he is a RB not a winger and yesterday showed why,it was unfair for him to have to defend against a very good team as well as attack and put in crosses.As soon as that became evident AW should have put Gnabry on.

you just have to wonder about our training methods, surely other players shouldn't be shouting at him about his positioning, Wilshire did it yesterday and i remember Walcott doing it as well when we got whacked 8-2 by Man Utd. But hey is still learning, but i do worry about his positioning, he is committed and tries he's best, but that's not enough
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:58 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

you just have to wonder about our training methods, surely other players shouldn't be shouting at him about his positioning, Wilshire did it yesterday and i remember Walcott doing it as well when we got whacked 8-2 by Man Utd. But hey is still learning, but i do worry about his positioning, he is committed and tries he's best, but that's not enough

Wilshire had no right to gob off to anyone yesterday. You're right, he's learning and people should be patient.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm

I read that Jenkinson was stopped by the police on his way to last night's game because they wanted a picture taken with him!
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Red Snapper wrote:I read that Jenkinson was stopped by the police on his way to last night's game because they wanted a picture taken with him!

I did see the picture on Twitter. Will post it later if I remember.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun May 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Delighted for him today, he looked so happy he got a moment we all dream of.
Northern Gooner

Postby Red Snapper » Sun May 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Loved the way he went straight to the fans to celebrate with them.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Jenkinson

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 am

We were all Carl Jenkinson for a minute yesterday - would love it if he got a run out at the cup final as well. He seems to be maturing as a player - hope he keeps going and can stay in the 1st team but I've a feeling he might drop down the pecking order and have to move on at some point. Best of luck to him.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Hope this isn't the end for Jenks with Chambers on his way. Great to have a proper Arsenal man in the team and hasn't really been giving a chance to show if he's good enough.
Northern Gooner

Jenkinson

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:47 pm

I think we can all agree (except 1 maybe) that this man should not have been loaned out. Playing very well for the Wammers whilst we're struggling for numbers. Crazy.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews