Coquelin

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Re: Coquelin

Postby Northern Gooner » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:did anyone here Niall Quinn's awful commentry on Sky, i am sure i heard Quinn call him coqinhand

Quinn is always awful on commentry he should be on itv with his inabilty to pronounce players names.
Northern Gooner

Postby chunky_monkey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Northern Gooner wrote:
chunky_monkey wrote:did anyone here Niall Quinn's awful commentry on Sky, i am sure i heard Quinn call him coqinhand

Quinn is always awful on commentry he should be on itv with his inabilty to pronounce players names.

& take Smudger with him

can't believe Sky have two ex Arsenal frontman doing the commentry and there dreary old voices are so annoying, why don't sky just get in some different celebrity co commentators week after week, can't be that difficult

James Cordon, Danny Baker, Frank Skinner, Peter Kay, Keith Harris & Orville, etc, etc would make it more enjoyable to listen to
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby doritobrother » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 am

Hilarious.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Not doing to badly for us he seems to have improved a great deal since going out on loan, his tackling is much tougher although he needs to be careful some are very reckless. Seems to be steady in the middle and sits instead of bombing forward like the rest of our midfield. Still want a new dm but could be better cover than the ever injured Arteta and Flamini.
Northern Gooner

Coquelin

Postby louder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:58 pm

I like 'im !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby RedWithWhiteSleeves » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:22 pm

I think his tackling (apart from them reckless ones mentioned) is great. Very tough and assertive character. I think in a year or 2 he would be a very accomplished player....badly needs to sort out his ball distribution though. May benefit from someone staying closer to him so he doesn't have to try those hollywood passes for now.
RedWithWhiteSleeves

Coquelin

Postby louder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:05 pm

A few of us had his number a couple of years ago. Well done, people.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Not a bad player but we need better imo.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby louder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:03 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Not a bad player but we need better imo.

Any suggestions ?
louder
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:12 pm

louder wrote:

Any suggestions ?

Bender, Koke, Carvalho (young admittedly but has better potential than Coquelin) Kondogbia, Khedira. Do I need to go on?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby louder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:21 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:

Any suggestions ?

Bender, Koke, Carvalho (young admittedly but has better potential than Coquelin) Kondogbia, Khedira. Do I need to go on?

Nope, They're lovely suggestions. They really roll of the tongue. I'd love to know the combined minutes that you've seen these five players actually play though. One thinks one values certain journo's opinions too highly.

Le Coq has been excellent for a little while now.
louder
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:29 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:

Any suggestions ?

Nope, They're lovely suggestions. They really roll of the tongue. I'd love to know the combined minutes that you've seen these five players actually play though. One thinks one values certain journo's opinions too highly.

Le Coq has been excellent for a little while now.

I don't count the minutes I've watched them play. That would be a bit odd. So every time someone mentions a good player on here you're going to spin that line off?

:biglol:
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby louder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

ForeverRed wrote:I don't count the minutes I've watched them play. That would be a bit odd. So every time someone mentions a good player on here you're going to spin that line off?

No. But you're not just mentioning them. You're claiming to know how much better they are than Coquelin.

And I think the answer is probably 'minutes few'.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I think we need a replacement for Flamini and Arteta before Coquelin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:I don't count the minutes I've watched them play. That would be a bit odd. So every time someone mentions a good player on here you're going to spin that line off?

No. But you're not just mentioning them. You're claiming to know how much better they are than Coquelin.

Do you really believe Coquelin is better than the players I listed? :?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:20 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:I think we need a replacement for Flamini and Arteta before Coquelin

I agree 100% IBO, I don't dislike Coquelin, I just think we need someone better in that role.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby FOYS » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 pm

louder wrote:A few of us had his number a couple of years ago. Well done, people.

Have you lost it now........
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 am

ForeverRed wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:I think we need a replacement for Flamini and Arteta before Coquelin

I agree 100% IBO, I don't dislike Coquelin, I just think we need someone better in that role.

I think we should aim to improve every position if possible. Coq is an improvement on Flamini and Arteta IMO. Schneiderlin is an improvement on Diaby, Lloris is an improvement on Chesney, Exon Valdise is an improvement on BFG.

me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby louder » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:

I think that I probably know just about as much about these players as you do. What I do know is what I've seen of Coquelin, and that is that his attitude and approach to the game is difficult to fault, technically he's good enough, he's quick over 10 - 15 yards, he doesn't shy away from getting stuck in and it appears he has positional discipline. I can't say the same for any of the players you've reeled off. Can you ?
louder
Forum Supporter

Coquelin

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:

I think that I probably know just about as much about these players as you do. What I do know is what I've seen of Coquelin, and that is that his attitude and approach to the game is difficult to fault, technically he's good enough, he's quick over 10 - 15 yards, he doesn't shy away from getting stuck in and it appears he has positional discipline. I can't say the same for any of the players you've reeled off. Can you ?

What makes you think I know nothing about these players? Bit unfair no? 3 of those players mentioned are internationals. They are better than Coquelin currently and have much greater potential (With the exception of Khedira as he's older). All of the players mentioned will more than likely have a big move in the next few years, why do you think that is? Why aren't top clubs in for Coquelin? :shrug:

Like i've said before, I like Coquelin, but we need better. After all, this is a team who wants to win Champions Leagues and league titles isn't it? We need top players in key positions. You've only got to look at what Matic has brought to the Chavs. He makes Terry and Cahill look like Maldini and Beckenbauer.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews