Nacho Monreal

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Nacho Monreal

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:I thought he was excellent last 2 games. Sensible defender with great positional sense and alertness to danger. Sometimes not tackling is better than diving in BTW.

I didn`t see the incidents that louder referred to but I agree with you that sometimes it`s better to jockey the player rather than get stuck in
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Nacho Monreal

Postby RedWithWhiteSleeves » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:I thought he was excellent last 2 games. Sensible defender with great positional sense and alertness to danger. Sometimes not tackling is better than diving in BTW.

I didn`t see the incidents that louder referred to but I agree with you that sometimes it`s better to jockey the player rather than get stuck in

giggety
RedWithWhiteSleeves

Nacho Monreal

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:26 pm

RedWithWhiteSleeves wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

giggety

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=giggety

Never heard of the expression before and don`t really understand what it has to do with my post :shrug:
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Nacho Monreal

Postby louder » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:46 pm

This^^

Absolutely agree. I prefer the stand-off approach too. But when there's a fair tackle in the offering and our man pulls out when theirs doesn't then that's not good enough. The result is obviously more important than any negative in a NLD. I'm just being objective with my comment. The lack of bravery I've pointed out may be seen as more prevalent in a tougher contest.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Nacho Monreal

Postby RedWithWhiteSleeves » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

giggety

Never heard of the expression before and don`t really understand what it has to do with my post :shrug:

My apologies RR. It's a reference to an American animated show which i doubt very much you'd be a fan of.
RedWithWhiteSleeves

Nacho Monreal

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

giggety

My apologies RR. It's a reference to an American animated show which i doubt very much you'd be a fan of.

No need to apologise mate but your right I have never watched Family Guy I prefer more sophisticated shows such as `The Inbetweeners` and `Mrs Browns Boys` :wink:
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Nacho Monreal

Postby Northern Gooner » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Don't understand how he is starting ahead of Gibbs to be honest, I'm happy to have him as back up but for me he's not as good as Gibbs, he's to weak at the back and doesn't seem to offer half as much going forward.
Northern Gooner

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 am

Northern Gooner wrote:Don't understand how he is starting ahead of Gibbs to be honest, I'm happy to have him as back up but for me he's not as good as Gibbs, he's to weak at the back and doesn't seem to offer half as much going forward.

Up to last night I thought there wasn`t much between Monreal and Gibbs although I preferred Gibbs but against Southampton Monreal had a stinker
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Northern Gooner wrote:Don't understand how he is starting ahead of Gibbs to be honest, I'm happy to have him as back up but for me he's not as good as Gibbs, he's to weak at the back and doesn't seem to offer half as much going forward.

it could be.

1. He isn't getting enough play time and with the world cup coming up. He has told Wenger play me more or i am off back to spain, so Wenger doesn't want to lose our number 2 LB

2. Gibbs might have a slight injury and Wenger is using him, to cover Monreal, whilst Gibbs gets properly sorted.

3. Maybe Gibbs has one of those stupid contract clause, if he plays more than 20 games in a season. Arsenal have to give him a £10m pay out :D
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Player Reviews