Sagna

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Sagna

Postby FOYS » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:56 pm

ForeverRed wrote:Rumour has it we've tried twice to extend Sagna's contract but no progress is being made. A third attempt is being made in the next few days.

:thumbs:


Yep, he's been holding out for a better deal. First offer was a one year deal with no wage increase. Second deal was a one year deal with the option of a second year, but again with no wage increase. We really know how to look after our loyal players........
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS
 
Posts: 6036
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: GODS COUNTY KENT,BIRTHPLACE OF THE ARSENAL

Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 pm

FOYS wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:Rumour has it we've tried twice to extend Sagna's contract but no progress is being made. A third attempt is being made in the next few days.

:thumbs:


Yep, he's been holding out for a better deal. First offer was a one year deal with no wage increase. Second deal was a one year deal with the option of a second year, but again with no wage increase. We really know how to look after our loyal players........


Will be interesting to see what happens here FOYS.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Sagna

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Footballers shouldn't assume that they get a wage increase for their whole career. Sagna is a good player and has by and large been a good player for us. Should offer him a deal whereby if he wins us the League he gets a new contract and a bonus - otherwise other options are available probably for less.

Not sure how we aren't looking after him?
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:Footballers shouldn't assume that they get a wage increase for their whole career. Sagna is a good player and has by and large been a good player for us. Should offer him a deal whereby if he wins us the League he gets a new contract and a bonus - otherwise other options are available probably for less.

Not sure how we aren't looking after him?


He shouldn't get a ridiculous jump in wages, but I think he should have an increase of some sort. He's been a loyal player and a great right back for us. His distribution has improved massively.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Sagna

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:42 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:Footballers shouldn't assume that they get a wage increase for their whole career. Sagna is a good player and has by and large been a good player for us. Should offer him a deal whereby if he wins us the League he gets a new contract and a bonus - otherwise other options are available probably for less.

Not sure how we aren't looking after him?


He shouldn't get a ridiculous jump in wages, but I think he should have an increase of some sort. He's been a loyal player and a great right back for us. His distribution has improved massively.


I agree it`s disgraceful letting one of our players exist on a measly £60,000 a week
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12211
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:Footballers shouldn't assume that they get a wage increase for their whole career. Sagna is a good player and has by and large been a good player for us. Should offer him a deal whereby if he wins us the League he gets a new contract and a bonus - otherwise other options are available probably for less.

Not sure how we aren't looking after him?


He shouldn't get a ridiculous jump in wages, but I think he should have an increase of some sort. He's been a loyal player and a great right back for us. His distribution has improved massively.


I agree it`s disgraceful letting one of our players exist on a measly £60,000 a week


:lol: you know what I mean RR.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Sagna

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:30 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:Footballers shouldn't assume that they get a wage increase for their whole career. Sagna is a good player and has by and large been a good player for us. Should offer him a deal whereby if he wins us the League he gets a new contract and a bonus - otherwise other options are available probably for less.

Not sure how we aren't looking after him?


He shouldn't get a ridiculous jump in wages, but I think he should have an increase of some sort. He's been a loyal player and a great right back for us. His distribution has improved massively.


I agree it`s disgraceful letting one of our players exist on a measly £60,000 a week


:lol: you know what I mean RR.


I do mate but it does annoy me a bit when footballers are always asking for an increase in the salaries when many fans struggle to find the money to watch them.I guess I`m just jealous probably if I was a top player I`d also want more money.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12211
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:Footballers shouldn't assume that they get a wage increase for their whole career. Sagna is a good player and has by and large been a good player for us. Should offer him a deal whereby if he wins us the League he gets a new contract and a bonus - otherwise other options are available probably for less.

Not sure how we aren't looking after him?


He shouldn't get a ridiculous jump in wages, but I think he should have an increase of some sort. He's been a loyal player and a great right back for us. His distribution has improved massively.


I agree it`s disgraceful letting one of our players exist on a measly £60,000 a week


:lol: you know what I mean RR.


I do mate but it does annoy me a bit when footballers are always asking for an increase in the salaries when many fans struggle to find the money to watch them.I guess I`m just jealous probably if I was a top player I`d also want more money.


Tell me about it RR! It breaks my heart that I can't follow the boys around the country regularly. Whenever I'm watching them on the box I always say to myself "imagine being there". Unfortunately that's the way it is.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Sagna

Postby wilko331984 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 am

It's mostly down to the agents I reckon. Greedy buggers!
User avatar
wilko331984
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Sagna

Postby Northern Gooner » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Looked our most dangerous player today if only he had more than one player in the box to aim his crosses at, I have a bad feeling he's going other clubs offering him so much more money and a longer deal by the sound of it so can't blame him but we'll miss him, we need to get it sorted and get him signed up.
User avatar
Northern Gooner
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Sagna

Postby radford149 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 am

Northern Gooner wrote:Looked our most dangerous player today if only he had more than one player in the box to aim his crosses at, I have a bad feeling he's going other clubs offering him so much more money and a longer deal by the sound of it so can't blame him but we'll miss him, we need to get it sorted and get him signed up.


one of the worst offensive full backs i have the displeasure to watch. get rid
radford149
 
Posts: 9600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

Re: Sagna

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:10 am

radford149 wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:Looked our most dangerous player today if only he had more than one player in the box to aim his crosses at, I have a bad feeling he's going other clubs offering him so much more money and a longer deal by the sound of it so can't blame him but we'll miss him, we need to get it sorted and get him signed up.


one of the worst offensive full backs i have the displeasure to watch. get rid


It looks as if you will get your wish as he has rejected our latest offer
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12211
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Re: Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 am

radford149 wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:Looked our most dangerous player today if only he had more than one player in the box to aim his crosses at, I have a bad feeling he's going other clubs offering him so much more money and a longer deal by the sound of it so can't blame him but we'll miss him, we need to get it sorted and get him signed up.


one of the worst offensive full backs i have the displeasure to watch. get rid


I'm sorry Radford, but you are fucking clueless on most Arsenal subjects.

I don't see a problem with Sagna at all. He's put in better crosses all season than any of our midfielders. And I cant see what he's done wrong defensively? We need to sign him up to a new contract asap.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Sagna

Postby chunky_monkey » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

looking at Radfords post, either he has been on the sauce or his working the late shift on the taxi's, ffs who would be on here at 2.19am in the morning
User avatar
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Sagna

Postby louder » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:44 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
radford149 wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:Looked our most dangerous player today if only he had more than one player in the box to aim his crosses at, I have a bad feeling he's going other clubs offering him so much more money and a longer deal by the sound of it so can't blame him but we'll miss him, we need to get it sorted and get him signed up.

one of the worst offensive full backs i have the displeasure to watch. get rid

I'm sorry Radford, but you are f**k clueless on most Arsenal subjects.
I don't see a problem with Sagna at all. He's put in better crosses all season than any of our midfielders. And I cant see what he's done wrong defensively? We need to sign him up to a new contract asap.


:biglol: Bang on the money.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10227
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Sagna

Postby chunky_monkey » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:26 pm

loyal servant who could of jumped ship earlier, shame he wasn't around in the invincibles era would of given Lauren a run for his money.

form last season was a bit suspect, but has been consistant this year, has had he's injury problems, if he does leave i hope Wenger signs a new top RB, because Jenkinson isn't good enough
User avatar
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Sagna

Postby radford149 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:18 am

ForeverRed wrote:
radford149 wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:Looked our most dangerous player today if only he had more than one player in the box to aim his crosses at, I have a bad feeling he's going other clubs offering him so much more money and a longer deal by the sound of it so can't blame him but we'll miss him, we need to get it sorted and get him signed up.


one of the worst offensive full backs i have the displeasure to watch. get rid


I'm sorry Radford, but you are f**k clueless on most Arsenal subjects.

I don't see a problem with Sagna at all. He's put in better crosses all season than any of our midfielders. And I cant see what he's done wrong defensively? We need to sign him up to a new contract asap.


read the post, one of the worst offensive full back (not defensive) and to say he puts in better crosses then most of our midfield, well thats not saying as it as they either don't or are not very good at it. we need a decent right back and all people want to do is live in the past. i bet there are some on here that would take TH14 back
radford149
 
Posts: 9600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Did well last night by all accounts.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Sagna

Postby Northern Gooner » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Having a strong season for me.
User avatar
Northern Gooner
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Sagna

Postby ForeverRed » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:02 am

Northern Gooner wrote:Having a strong season for me.


He is NG. Why we wont get the contract sorted is beyond me.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

PreviousNext


Return to Player Reviews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


cron