Mesut Ozil

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Welcome to Arsenal :flag:
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Re: Mesut Ozil

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I feel very similar to the day we got DB10.

This really is a great signing - welcome to Arsenal MO11. Can't wait to see how you get on.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:04 pm

great signing, can't wait to see him play.
Northern Gooner

Postby SmudgersBeak » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Northern Gooner wrote:great signing, can't wait to see him play.

Me as well NG only Messi has the same amount of assists 47
Ockham's razor
Irritation free
SmudgersBeak

Postby GoonerGregg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:29 am

Ozilll to the Arserrnall! Ozilll to the Arserrrnal!
GoonerGregg
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am

I Believe Overall wrote:I feel very similar to the day we got DB10.

This really is a great signing - welcome to Arsenal MO11. Can't wait to see how you get on.

That`s exactly what I thought mate,when Dennis arrived it changed the whole ethos of the team and I think that`s what will happen with Mesut (notice I`m calling him by his first name)
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby doritobrother » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 am

Wow, what a signing. Do you think this is the biggest impact signing we've ever made? I know Bergkamp was big but his season before he came was average wasn't it?
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 am

doritobrother wrote:Wow, what a signing. Do you think this is the biggest impact signing we've ever made? I know Bergkamp was big but his season before he came was average wasn't it?

Dennis had a bad time at Juve for some reason but he was a massive signing for us and of course this enabled us to bring in David Platt at the same time
who was a top player although he didn`t really make a great impact for us.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby doritobrother » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:46 am

Rainham Red wrote:
doritobrother wrote:Wow, what a signing. Do you think this is the biggest impact signing we've ever made? I know Bergkamp was big but his season before he came was average wasn't it?

Dennis had a bad time at Juve for some reason but he was a massive signing for us and of course this enabled us to bring in David Platt at the same time

Has there been any Arsenal signings as big as this before the Premier League era, Rainham?
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 am

doritobrother wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Has there been any Arsenal signings as big as this before the Premier League era, Rainham?

I suppose Charlie Nicholas might be up there - he was getting 50 goals a season for Celtic in what we thought was a comparable league and everyone was after him. But that didn't really come off in a big way.

Its really one of AW greatest achievements that he has managed to put out so many good teams and bring on individual players without making a large number of massive signings...especially in this era when there is so much money around and ready information on players to attract talent from anywhere in the world.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am

doritobrother wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Probably in all our history no player made such an impact not only on the team but also the Club as a whole was Alex James.When Arsenal was elected to the 1st Division in 1919 for the next decade we were a middle of the table team and in fact we flirted seriously with relegation in two of those seasons.Alex James arrived for the 1930/31 season and we never looked back from that season until 1938/39 when the league was cancelled because of the war we won five Titles and two FA Cups and without a doubt were the most famous team in the world
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:59 am

Rainham Red wrote:

:shock: RR, he was at Inter. His biggest problem was that he was played as a lone ST in a 4-5-1 formation.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 pm

FOYS wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

:shock: RR, he was at Inter. His biggest problem was that he was played as a lone ST in a 4-5-1 formation.

Well done FOYS your the only one who saw my deliberate mistake :wink:
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 am

Rainham Red wrote:
FOYS wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Well done FOYS your the only one who saw my deliberate mistake :wink:

;)
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby Red Snapper » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 pm

The only time I've been this excited about a player signing was when Alan Ball came. We very rarely sign big name players; Malcolm McDonald maybe or Sol for obvious reasons.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:20 pm

F.A.O. Radders - We have a new 'Marquee' player :D
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 am

Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 am

I hope we aren`t expecting too much from Oz too soon don`t forget the likes of Bergkamp,Henry and Pires all took time to settle in
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby wilsman77 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:41 pm

lets not forget the winner Platt got against Utd......
Rainham Red wrote:

wilsman77

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:47 pm

wilsman77 wrote:lets not forget the winner Platt got against Utd......
Rainham Red wrote:

I`ll never forget that Wils but you must admit he never made the impact you would expect from a player of his calibre
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Player Reviews